How to get Wupwup armor

XTX.4910

So I've been having a blast playing pvp as a weaver using cellofrags build and I have decided I want to give WvW a shot. So I looked on metabattle.com and I've decided to go with the "celestial roamer" build. It lists wupwup armor as the armor and weapons to use but how do i get them. can i buy them off the trading post or ask a guildmate to make them. How do I get Wupwup armor and weapons for pvp? and if wupwups not best what is and how do I get it?

Celestial gear has to be self-made, including the insignias/inscriptions. You can buy all the necessary recipes on the TP. You then need to build up charged quartz crystals, which are made by bringing 25 ordinary quartz crystals to any hero challenge that uses a 'commune'. (You can get one for your home instance, so that's usually easiest.) The inscriptions/insignia need 5 charged quartz each. You can only charge quartz once per day, so start charging now and catch up with the rest of it later.

You can buy the recipes for exotic gear OR obtain ascended gear by any method you like (beg, borrow, scream, or shout) and then use the stat-transomogrification recipe in the mystic forge (original ascended, anthology of heroes, 5 ecto, and the exotic insignia or inscription)

Two other options:

Relevant Links

edits:

• per @grubnick.7849, added the recommendation to get a quartz node for your home_
  • per @Sovereign.1093 fractal rewards
  • per @X T D.6458 various reward tracks
  • per @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" reminder that quartz can only be charged 1x/day (I don't know how that detail slipped passed me, thanks!)

Getting a quartz crystal node for your home instance will help to gather the needed crystals for the celestial gear. It gives you 3 or 8 per day, and rarely a charged crystal. If I remember correctly, it is bought in Drytop. You will have to farm Drytop in any case. Give it some time because there is no quick way to earn all of the crystals needed for the gear.

@grubnick.7849 said:Getting a quartz crystal node for your home instance will help to gather the needed crystals for the celestial gear. It gives you 3 or 8 per day, and rarely a charged crystal. If I remember correctly, it is bought in Drytop. You will have to farm Drytop in any case. Give it some time because there is no quick way to earn all of the crystals needed for the gear.

Oh good point. I'll add the link for its acquisition to the list above.

as you already are a pvp/wvw player easiest way would be via glorious reward track in spvp and triumphant reward track in both as you can select all stats in those armor boxes at the end but it´s only exotic not ascended if you are ok to miss out on 2-3% max stats that´s the way to go

What people have omitted to directly mention is: you can only charge one quartz crystal per day. So that gives you something to do while you are gathering the mats and ranking up your armor-crafting skill.

There are some places in PoF you can get quartz, otherwise Dry Top is the place. There are three regular quartz nodes (two stationary ones on the cliffs near Prospect Valley, and one that moves between Crash Site 3 and the underground inquest base in Challenger Cliffs) and a Rich Quartz Vein in Cragrock Palace, which you can only access during the sandstorm at Tier 4 and above, after the Skritt Queen has opened the doors. If you get the home node and hit the right sandstorms, you can get (usually) 22 quartz per day. Besides occasionally giving you a charged crystal, the home node sometimes also gives you a 5 crystal bonus.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:What people have omitted to directly mention is: you can only charge one quartz crystal per day.

I came here to quote my post where I did mention it, because it's the very reason I say, "start charging today..." and oops, it appears I left that out. Thanks for highlighting the point (and I've since edited my post to include that detail).

tl;dr I omitted it :( (let's not blame "people") & Cragga saved the day.

Since charged quartz is time gated, you basically need a month, 30 days for full set 6/6 of ascended celestial armor (ignoring underwater breathing mask). I don't think it is too much time. I have myself 2 full cele heavy armors, 2 almost full cele medium armors and 2 full cele light armors. All ascended.

I wouldn't say wupwup is the best. It fits certain builds and professions better than others, but since it is an all-rounded in stats, it is never the worst choice. You will at least have pretty high survivability, but you sacrifice a lot of damage potential. Basically most celestial builds have efficient might stacking - bear that in mind. And many are support e.g. celestial shout guardian (but minstrel firebrand is better now).

Celestials works in all situations as the 2nd best in all things. So, it's not a bad choice, imo. Just a bit of tweak in the food in the runes and sigils and weapon choice and trait choice and utilities and you'll be fine. :)

Until anet makes a new end game stat like celestials - celestials will always be viable. :^O^

Archived