Frame rate on high-end PC

@Sir Titties.1372 said:

@Bloodtau.4672 said:It will be that CPU dude, will be bottle-necking you. GW2 is optimized a bit poorly so relies heavily on CPU over GPU. My quad core I7 Oc'd to 4GHZ even struggles in heavily populated areas

So there's nothing I can do? CPU thermals are already around 80 degrees when the game is on

What is your CPU cooler like? If you have a fan, switch it with one of those all in one water coolers to lower the temps.Also check your case airflow, should be pulling from the front and venting to the back and top

@Bloodtau.4672 said:

@Bloodtau.4672 said:It will be that CPU dude, will be bottle-necking you. GW2 is optimized a bit poorly so relies heavily on CPU over GPU. My quad core I7 Oc'd to 4GHZ even struggles in heavily populated areas

So there's nothing I can do? CPU thermals are already around 80 degrees when the game is on

What is your CPU cooler like? If you have a fan, switch it with one of those all in one water coolers to lower the temps.Also check your case airflow, should be pulling from the front and venting to the back and top

I have alienware 17 R4 laptop so that won't work

@Sir Titties.1372 said:

I have alienware 17 R4 laptop so that won't work

ah, get a cooling tray then :) they have built in fans and you just click your laptop on top of it

@Sir Titties.1372 said:Is it possible to get a solid 60fps frame rate on this game? With max settings in some locations(not cities) I can get 40-50 fps while not moving and on lowest settings just over 60 fps.Specs:Intel® Core i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz8GB of RAMGeForce GTX 1060Running on SSD with 1080p screen

Yes it is totally possible to get 60 FPS and above. I get 60 FPS @ 4K max settings on most maps except cities. Just remember, in cities you are mostly limited by CPU not GPU due to too many characters on screen.

Archived