Volatile Harvesting Sickle + Guild Hall = Bug

The Problem:I've noticed that my Volatile Harvesting Sickle gives volatile magic (VM) on every use in open world maps, but when I used it in Gilded Hollow on the nodes there, it gave VM only about 20% of the time (3 times out of 5*3=15 uses).

More Details:

• I tried the Volatile Logging Axe and it's working as expected. I have an overabundance of Frostbitten Mining Picks, so I didn't have a Volatile Mining Pick to test; I don't know if it works or not, but I would assume so given the results of the logging test.
  • I thought maybe it was just something about the synthesizers, since the ones in the guild hall aren't the same as open world nodes. So I tried it in WvW on the synthesizers there, and it worked just fine (100% VM yield).
  • For reference, the unbound and frostbitten versions of the sickle work perfectly in Gilded Hollow.

What I'd Like From Players:I wanted to test the other two guild halls before reporting this, but while I've tried asking in-game for help, no one seems to be able to tell me anything. So I'll ask here: Does anyone have access to Lost Precipice or WIndswept Haven with harvesting nodes and a Volatile Harvesting SIckle? If so, could you please see how often the sickle yields volatile magic, and then post here?

Thanks!

UPDATEEver since the January 23 patch, my Frostbitten Orichalcum Harvesting Sickle and Unbound Harvesting Sickle have also been affected on these particular nodes.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:There are several posts about the issues with (the special) Gathering Tools and Guild Halls, so I'd guess you are not alone.

Good luck.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:There are several posts about the issues with (the special) Gathering Tools and Guild Halls, so I'd guess you are not alone.

Good luck.

Weird. I searched for "volatile" and all I got were complaints about the economy or PvP matchmaking.I've had no trouble at all with the other special gathering tools in my guild hall. That's interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived