Placements weekend is the best!

Egorum.9506

5GddjNY.jpg

The new MM is absolutely working! I love the how the MM was updated to tighten team rankings so we'd have better quality games, and not horrendous bullshit like this where you're expected to carry 4 people and lose 16 even when you do!

Why in the fuck are people in their placement matches being put into plat games, and then the players in those games still get the full loss penalty?

@Dawdler.8521 said:Wait wouldnt 500v330 in a nearly 12m match be considered a fairly normal loss? I mean yeah you lost but it clearly wasnt a total blowout.

The excessive loss of rank points when one is personally performing well despite a loss is a whole other problem than the matchmaker.

You're missing the point. He's parading around his top stats in one game while playing an OP class at the moment, like it's something to be proud of. Then he has the nerve to post a one-sided screenshot in an attempt to debunk the matchmaking system and inspire some sort of sympathy from the forums because the system victimized him with 4 uncarriable teammates. It may or may not be the case, who knows? But everyone hates scourge players and wants them stoned to death, so the loss was deserved despite what the screenshot may suggest.

@SaltyDogs.9073 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:Wait wouldnt 500v330 in a nearly 12m match be considered a fairly normal loss? I mean yeah you lost but it clearly wasnt a total blowout.

The excessive loss of rank points when one is personally performing well despite a loss is a whole other problem than the matchmaker.

You're missing the point. He's parading around his top stats in
one
game while playing an OP class at the moment, like it's something to be proud of. Then he has the nerve to post a one-sided screenshot in an attempt to debunk the matchmaking system and inspire some sort of sympathy from the forums because the system victimized him with 4 uncarriable teammates. It may or may not be the case, who knows? But everyone hates scourge players and wants them stoned to death, so the loss was deserved despite what the screenshot may suggest.

No, I'm parading around that I topped all the stats and carried a 17:1 kdr without a support and saddled with 4 people who were literally uncarriable. Why the fuck are these people in Plat matches, and why would that loss give such a negative? They were so outmatched that the mm should have assumed the loss off the bat and given out points accordingly, you know like it does when you win a lopsided match and get 5.

But damn, get salty about me running scourge lmao

It's not even that I was performing well, it's that the mm decided this to be an even enough match that -16 seems reasonable. If I stomp players who are worse than me, I get +5. If I get saddled with the lowest people it can match me with (ie. an unwinnable game) why would it penalize me greatly instead of lightly? It's games like these that make me think there is something wrong with the mm forcing losses.

Archived