Suggestion: Extra XP WvW weekends?

I started casually playing WvW a year ago and it takes a long time to rank up. Apparently there was a time where it was a lot easier to rank up and that’s why most people I play with are rank 1000 to 3000. Can we get extra XP weekends in WvW like how there is extra XP lux/kurz weekends in GW1??

This would help people who started later and want to get legendary armor and also be matched players with the others who leveled up during a time it was faster.

...it takes a long time to rank up.that's by design

Apparently there was a time where it was a lot easier to rank up and that’s why most people I play with are rank 1000 to 3000.Not in my experience, with an important exception. Originally, it was more difficult because you had to level up each character individually. At some point, ANet introduced liquid World Experience (similar to liquid karma) which offered fixed amounts of WXP. And for a while, when ranks were still character bound, you could buy liquid WXP with badges of honor.

Fast forward to today, you can't buy liquid WXP (and you can't stockpile it), but neither do you have to rank up each character. ANet combined the total WXP for all characters into an account bound rank, which helped some people get a leg up.

One of the techniques that people used to use to gain WXP was to farm in Edge of the Mists. The WXP gain per hour was relatively high, because (essentially) most maps had the various sides trading objectives, so you earned quickly by capturing undefended objectives. Serious WvWers have largely abandoned EotM because you can't gain participation towards WvW Skirmish Tickets, which are required for some of the more interesting rewards.

Can we get extra XP weekends in WvW like how there is extra XP lux/kurz weekends in GW1??In effect, every week is extra WXP week in GW2: unlike GW1, there are permanently-available ways to boost it:

• 50%, via the Experience Booster
  • 50% via WXP Boosters
  • 100% via the Celebration Bonus from either the Celebratory or Birthday Booster
  • A bartender buff of up to 10%
  • A 25% buff from Outnumbered
  • Additional buffs via claimed objectives under various circumstances.

This would help people who started later and want to get legendary armor and also be matched players with the others who leveled up during a time it was faster.Anyone who has rank 1000 has played a lot of WvW. A lot.

Archived