Some random poll about weapons

Jack Skywalker.5674

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:Your second option doesn’t make sense. Shouldn’t it say No - Explain why sword and horn should be part of core.Let me rephrase then.What if Weaver and Tempest only gave us new mechanics and new utilites but not new weapons,because the devs added the new weapons (sword and horn) to core ele? Would you consider the elite specializations to be less atractive/nerfed as a result?

I just want an elite spec that isn't focused on melee range and needing to spec tanky. A magical longbow would be interesting and maybe open up some builds that don't need the water line. Two bad we need to wait 2 years. By the way, this post isn't meant to change the topic of the thread. I'd rather leave the elite spec weapons tied to the specs. Can you imagine base zerker mesmer with shield? Although, shortbow for base rev would be helpful for them. I guess it would be fine if the weapons weren't tied, but I think in some cases, it would be OP. But we can adapt easily enough. So I vote "no." And I don't think Weaver or Tempest would be nerfed, but rather the core specs buffed. It would help with build diversity, which is never bad.

If you unlock weapons for core from elite specs you open a very very large can of worms that will lead to some extremely disgusting builds emerging as a result. Imagine mirage being able to use shield or holosmith using a hammer. It'd break too much and frankly would make metas even more stale because now there'd be 0 room for spec diversity in order to get different weapons for different roles. I don't think it'd be a huge problem on ele specifically as the weapons aren't terribly strong by themselves, it's more of the precedent it sets for the game as a whole.

Archived