Matchmaking Bugged?

Ithilwen.1529

That's not the point. I understood that we wouldn't be seeing matches with 2 pairs of teamed players on a side. That's basically the same as a party of 4. I was playing against the equivalent of a pre made and it showed in the nearly 400 point loss.

I understood that wasn't going to happen this time?

I genuinely feel we go through the same posts from you ever season. The season starts and you either praise the new match making or say its fairly good after the soft reset:

The new matchmaker seems pretty OK to be honest.Then you start losing for whatever reason and spend so much time finding something to blame.

anyways

@Cal Cohen.3527 said:

There are going to be some combinations of ratings where it makes sense for multiple duos/trios to be on the same team. For example, if the 3 highest rated players queue together and 2 lowest players queue together (with the other 5 all solo players), it probably makes sense for those 5 players to be on the same team. We could choose to always separate multi-man rosters when possible, but it would only result in worse matches.

and also

@Cal Cohen.3527 said:I went ahead and pulled all of the matches from this season where one team had two duos and the other team had none. In these matches, the team with two duos won 46% of the time.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:I genuinely feel we go through the same posts from you ever season. The season starts and you either praise the new match making or say its fairly good after the soft reset:

The new matchmaker seems pretty OK to be honest.Then you start losing for whatever reason and spend so much time finding something to blame.

anyways

There are going to be some combinations of ratings where it makes sense for multiple duos/trios to be on the same team. For example, if the 3 highest rated players queue together and 2 lowest players queue together (with the other 5 all solo players), it probably makes sense for those 5 players to be on the same team. We could choose to always separate multi-man rosters when possible, but it would only result in worse matches.

and also

@Cal Cohen.3527 said:I went ahead and pulled all of the matches from this season where one team had two duos and the other team had none. In these matches, the team with two duos won 46% of the time.

I try to be optimistic each season. Then, the long loss streaks begin.

I've been busting my kitten for years, it's not unreasonable to expect to win a few. Beside that, a casual look at the topics will show that I'm hardly alone.

All that is off-topic however, my question was: I didn't think that situation was going to be allowed?

@Ithilwen.1529 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:I genuinely feel we go through the same posts from you ever season. The season starts and you either praise the new match making or say its fairly good after the soft reset:

anyways

and also

I've been busting my kitten for years, it's not unreasonable to expect to win a few. Beside that, a casual look at the topics will show that I'm hardly alone.

All that is off-topic however, my question was: I didn't think that situation was going to be allowed?

In my reply I included a quote from Cal stating not only that the matchmaker will do this but why and how.

@Ithilwen.1529 said:

anyways

and also

That situation is allowed - as the quotes from Cal say, it's more about making a fair match based on rating, rather than duo/solo. It may not seem ideal but that's the way it works.

Also, just because you've been playing for years and just because loads of people complain doesn't mean that the system is broken. It just means that people are generally unaware of their own skill level.

Did you lose against two '1200 raiting- duoqs', Ithilwen?Im actually surprised about the fact you rather created a thread that adresses matchmaking problems instead of creating a thread where you complain about how week mesmer, chrono and mirage is ,while dragonhunter is completly broken and overpowered

:):):):)

Archived