Power Necro in PoF (noob question time)

Aris.4231

Hi,

Will there be any balance patch with the upcoming expansion? Any possibility of Power Reaper/Necro be any good in the future?I don't have much time on my hands, really don't, but I managed to get together Ascended Berserker trinkets, greatsword, and I started to work on gear. I also started to think about Raiding and fractals, but to my horror, I discovered that Necro, and specifically power Necro, is the worst class for that. I don't really have the time to level up a new class and get it new gear (and also, I don't really want to).

Is there hope for me? Or should I wait for the next expansion?Can I even play Scourge with Berserker stats?

During the PoF beta weekend I ran glass cannon rev and noticed the mobs were kind of tanky. On a stress test I ran Firebrand Condi and I sliced through it pretty fast.

So even if you could justify ignoring the reaper trait decimate defenses (+0-50% crit chance) I'm not sure you will be comparably satisfied with the results.

Power-Reaper is fine and will do fine in PoF against most monsters and mobs in general.I played the last tests and the beta-weekend and according to my experience here, power-reaper will do its job.I had no survivability problems, the damage was decent so at least for open world pve reaper is good.

Despite that he will not be taken to raids or proper raid groups, scourge will probably but for power-reaper the sun is still dark.I hope in the next expansion is our time to shine.

To be honest, necro can run pretty much whatever you want for general pve content. Scourge makes good use of almost every stat, so its pretty had to go wrong in that department. As for raiding though, unless something is buffed, its unlikely scourge will make the cut. Future raids... now that's a different kettle of fish.

@Aris.4231 said:Hi,

Will there be any balance patch with the upcoming expansion? Any possibility of Power Reaper/Necro be any good in the future?I don't have much time on my hands, really don't, but I managed to get together Ascended Berserker trinkets, greatsword, and I started to work on gear. I also started to think about Raiding and fractals, but to my horror, I discovered that Necro, and specifically power Necro, is the worst class for that. I don't really have the time to level up a new class and get it new gear (and also, I don't really want to).

Is there hope for me? Or should I wait for the next expansion?Can I even play Scourge with Berserker stats?

I can relate. What I do is keep a set of exotic gear/weapons that I know groups will prefer and slap it on when running that content. Otherwise, I run around in the Ascended armor of my choice.

I've run power reaper in raids and get find dps, mechanic knowladge is important in raids to get good dps and its possible.

Minnion power build with might gen and barrier for minions is something I'm gonna try with scourge. Could be fun at least, maybe not "meta".

The downside of power scourge is that a lot of the might you can put out wont hit you, example is torch 5 won't give you might, only allies

@pah.4931 said:I personally think (though you may call it a hope) that Power Reaper will get some love after the Scourge is available. But only time will tell!

I certainly hope as well. The fact is I like power reaper, it's not just that I have the gear. I would like to play and also be considered viable party addition. As a casual player, it is hard for me to slip into a different playstyle and be effective. I don't play the game well enough, so I would be even less effective.

@Lexan.5930 said:I've run power reaper in raids and get find dps, mechanic knowladge is important in raids to get good dps and its possible.

Minnion power build with might gen and barrier for minions is something I'm gonna try with scourge. Could be fun at least, maybe not "meta".

The downside of power scourge is that a lot of the might you can put out wont hit you, example is torch 5 won't give you might, only allies

So what you are saying is that it might be possible to run Berserker stats, minions, and the new scourge spec? I was under impression this spec is more condition based.

Archived