Are you going to purchase the 3rd expansion? - Page 3 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Are you going to purchase the 3rd expansion?

1356

Comments

  • Sir Alric.5078Sir Alric.5078 Member ✭✭✭

    Yes, i am. I enjoyed both HoT and PoF, so i see no reason no to buy expansion #3 when it comes out.

  • Kronos.3695Kronos.3695 Member ✭✭✭

    That's an odd question.
    I play the game, so if I want to go on with it and not being stuck since it's a MMO, I will obviously buy the next expansion.
    If I want to stop I will clearly not buy it, but I don't see it happen after spending 5 years here.

    Kronos Ledaloth
    Leader and founder of Bloodstone Keepers [BloS] - Visit us at our website or facebook page!

  • Ceridwen.6703Ceridwen.6703 Member ✭✭✭

    I've not been entirely impressed with how things are game-wise, with graphics, the story itself, the way dailies are, other death-by-a-thousand-cuts stuff, but despite all that, this has been "my" game, even after looking at others. I still like to think of it that way, and so I'd normally be inclined to give a yes.

    However, my health is starting to take on something of an irritating backseat driver role as to whether I can play MMO/online games anymore - I envisage a point soon(ish) at which I won't be online gaming at all, having to rely on games with "pause" features and saves and whatnot from single player stuff if at all. I can't deal with all the flashy stuff, in addition to action twitch circles-on-the-floor combat like I was (sort of - but not really - and now it's worse) able to before, which means I really can't give the game the time it demands/deserves (delete which ever offends you more), without literally hurting myself to do it. So, it's equally likely I may not make a purchase, even if I want to. I will have to see if I've improved when the time comes. No one can have my stuff if that's the case. :p

    So... here's an unregistered maybe.

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Steve R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  • Cyczer.7834Cyczer.7834 Member ✭✭✭

    If they keep ruining in game balance in all gamemodes ( even pve is a joke now, althought u dont want to admit it) Im definitively wont buy it. (Also depends if crowfall is coming out before third xpac)

  • I'm going to be hesitant. Guild wars 2 will be my only MMO though.
    I can no longer play for the story, because its garbage.
    Next expansion will be Non Mount friendly because that's their model. And in my opinion is extremely dumb.
    PoF was just a check list of the bare minimum, and shipped as an "expansion"
    Maps were scaled for mounts and were clearly just resized over all, (look at most doors)
    I'd rather have an expansion in Core Tyria, major fixes and a true cleansing of Orr.
    For the faults HoT had at launch, Anet redeemed it by adjusting loot. I preferred that way of gameplay. Except TD

    Vinnorin Almar, Firebrand of Maguuma.
    I Crit Under Pressure is recruiting, message me for an invite ^_^

  • Offair.2563Offair.2563 Member ✭✭✭

    As long we get more broken elites and stuff for wvw i'd definitly buy it.

    Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and own you with experience.
    Big Babou, Ranger for life.

  • Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Laila Lightness.8742 said:
    I doubt gw 2 ever make it far enough for a 3rd expansion if it does i hope no especes ore masteries

    What makes you think that?
    If you ask me, it seems like they finally pulled up their pants.
    Season 4 started big, festivals got big updates.
    I've no reason to believe anet is going to decline anytime soon.
    Sure, they don't seem to have a very big pvp or wvw team, but those two together are like 20% of my game time

    To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

  • Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Nick Lentz.6982 said:
    I'm going to be hesitant. Guild wars 2 will be my only MMO though.
    I can no longer play for the story, because its garbage.
    Next expansion will be Non Mount friendly because that's their model. And in my opinion is extremely dumb.
    PoF was just a check list of the bare minimum, and shipped as an "expansion"
    Maps were scaled for mounts and were clearly just resized over all, (look at most doors)
    I'd rather have an expansion in Core Tyria, major fixes and a true cleansing of Orr.
    For the faults HoT had at launch, Anet redeemed it by adjusting loot. I preferred that way of gameplay. Except TD

    I bet instead that next expansion will also be mount friendly.

  • I am, mainly because I've been invested in the lore and story since GW1 first surfaced so the least I want to do is to see it to its end. GvG was my go to thing in GW1 when it came to pvp and while I liked the concept of WvW I don't enjoy the chaotic zerg mess at all. My main disappointment is how the dungeons have basically been discarded and the raids have become nigh unapproachable due to the community itself. Nevertheless, unlike other MMOs where I feel like i'm on a never-ending treadmill to ever so slightly progress I can actually stand still for a moment and enjoy GW2 with what it has to offer.

    Personally I now jump on for a couple of weeks at a time to do new content and do certain achievements I deem worthwhile for the rewards, but I'm in the group of people that are slowly moving away from MMO's as I believe that the allure of them is vanishing. Blame it on being a solo player or the lack of new innovation in MMOs. Either way unlike any other MMO, GW2 allows me to come and go as I please without feeling left behind.

  • Not voting as my vote is "undetermined."
    Unknown what the content is supposed to be, let alone what else they add in like they added in mounts in with PoF.
    The only things I'm expecting is that they will continue to add grind for the asian market to try to keep things common, and still cater more to power/hardcore players and those with larger $$$ wallets, removing itself further from the niche market of being casual friendly.

  • Oldirtbeard.9834Oldirtbeard.9834 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I went with no, but that can change with proper balancing and breaking the PVE Meta's back.

    PS Make Reapers useful for something kitten, I want a reason to come back again and I'm tried of empty promises.

    “The only watchmaker is the blind forces of physics.”
    ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

  • Oldirtbeard.9834Oldirtbeard.9834 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vayne.8563 said:

    @Alga.6498 said:

    @DeadlySynz.3471 said:
    Nope, mainly because the game mode I mainly play (WvW) has lost too many people. That and it's not a good sign when the HoT expansion has more players than PoF. I'm not really sure what they could do or expand on at this point.

    Agreed. WvW is not at all what it used to be a few years ago, I keep wondering if WvW's fate will be better in time or not. I felt this too regards HoT vs PoF. There was alot more players who did indeed purchase HoT as it was the 1st expansion. I remember the price fiasco too. Maybe I am wrong but is the game dying after all? Only time will tell... I guess.

    Actually, I'm relatively sure that deliberate design decisions keep more people in HoT, nothing to do with the quality of the new expansion. They want people in HoT because HoT needs people to function. The new expansion needs considerably less people. Anet is much better at directing traffic than people give them credit for.

    I rarely ever went back to the Jungle after Path of Fire dropped (exploration was still too frustrating to be worth my time because of Metas running on what ever dead map I landed on and I sure as hell wouldn't take a map spot away from some one that wanted to do the META events on the populated Maps) when I still played, I made Legendary Bounty trains work to fill that void, plus Instan gave us a decent farm. The state of Reaper in PVE and the PVE Endgame Meta have killed it all for me. I know I said I was coming back, and hell I miss the game to a certain point, but the state of Reaper kills me and stifles my interest.

    “The only watchmaker is the blind forces of physics.”
    ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

  • Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @OneYenShort.3189 said:
    Not voting as my vote is "undetermined."
    Unknown what the content is supposed to be, let alone what else they add in like they added in mounts in with PoF.
    The only things I'm expecting is that they will continue to add grind for the asian market to try to keep things common, and still cater more to power/hardcore players and those with larger $$$ wallets, removing itself further from the niche market of being casual friendly.

    Widely believed and logical conclusion rumors say blood legion homelands

    HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

  • zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

    If its like pof i doubt it.

  • Vayne.8563Vayne.8563 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

    @Vayne.8563 said:

    @Alga.6498 said:

    @DeadlySynz.3471 said:
    Nope, mainly because the game mode I mainly play (WvW) has lost too many people. That and it's not a good sign when the HoT expansion has more players than PoF. I'm not really sure what they could do or expand on at this point.

    Agreed. WvW is not at all what it used to be a few years ago, I keep wondering if WvW's fate will be better in time or not. I felt this too regards HoT vs PoF. There was alot more players who did indeed purchase HoT as it was the 1st expansion. I remember the price fiasco too. Maybe I am wrong but is the game dying after all? Only time will tell... I guess.

    Actually, I'm relatively sure that deliberate design decisions keep more people in HoT, nothing to do with the quality of the new expansion. They want people in HoT because HoT needs people to function. The new expansion needs considerably less people. Anet is much better at directing traffic than people give them credit for.

    I rarely ever went back to the Jungle after Path of Fire dropped (exploration was still too frustrating to be worth my time because of Metas running on what ever dead map I landed on and I sure as hell wouldn't take a map spot away from some one that wanted to do the META events on the populated Maps) when I still played, I made Legendary Bounty trains work to fill that void, plus Instan gave us a decent farm. The state of Reaper in PVE and the PVE Endgame Meta have killed it all for me. I know I said I was coming back, and hell I miss the game to a certain point, but the state of Reaper kills me and stifles my interest.

    Totally your choice and doesn't change the fact that HoT maps are busier in general than PoF maps, and I spend plenty of time in both. Your specific situation, 1 you play a reaper and 2 you dislike challenging content generally puts you in a relatively small percentage of the playerbase. A lot of necro players have moved from reaper to scourge, and many others have found ways to play the reaper successfully in HoT. But HoT is buzzing these days. There's people everywhere. So whether you personally like it or don't like it doesn't really change anything I've said. It proves or disproves nothing.

  • ImTasty.2163ImTasty.2163 Member ✭✭✭

    Most likely yes. I've enjoyed all 3 campaigns from GW1 and it's expansion and I've enjoyed GW2 and both of it's expansions.

  • Blude.6812Blude.6812 Member ✭✭✭

    What expansion? Dumb speculation

  • I said no, as I stopped playing due to lag issues making doing the daily or cruising around to gather the magic nodes in the POF maps, far too irritating. I got sick and tired of playing around in a zone, then lagging out, and ending up in Lion's Arch, even though I had been in another zone for over an hour. That is kitten.
    My husband likes to PvP and WvW, and he's found that unpayable, so I don't think he would want to, either.

  • Oldirtbeard.9834Oldirtbeard.9834 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2018

    @Vayne.8563 said:

    @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

    @Vayne.8563 said:

    @Alga.6498 said:

    @DeadlySynz.3471 said:
    Nope, mainly because the game mode I mainly play (WvW) has lost too many people. That and it's not a good sign when the HoT expansion has more players than PoF. I'm not really sure what they could do or expand on at this point.

    Agreed. WvW is not at all what it used to be a few years ago, I keep wondering if WvW's fate will be better in time or not. I felt this too regards HoT vs PoF. There was alot more players who did indeed purchase HoT as it was the 1st expansion. I remember the price fiasco too. Maybe I am wrong but is the game dying after all? Only time will tell... I guess.

    Actually, I'm relatively sure that deliberate design decisions keep more people in HoT, nothing to do with the quality of the new expansion. They want people in HoT because HoT needs people to function. The new expansion needs considerably less people. Anet is much better at directing traffic than people give them credit for.

    I rarely ever went back to the Jungle after Path of Fire dropped (exploration was still too frustrating to be worth my time because of Metas running on what ever dead map I landed on and I sure as hell wouldn't take a map spot away from some one that wanted to do the META events on the populated Maps) when I still played, I made Legendary Bounty trains work to fill that void, plus Instan gave us a decent farm. The state of Reaper in PVE and the PVE Endgame Meta have killed it all for me. I know I said I was coming back, and hell I miss the game to a certain point, but the state of Reaper kills me and stifles my interest.

    Totally your choice and doesn't change the fact that HoT maps are busier in general than PoF maps, and I spend plenty of time in both. Your specific situation, 1 you play a reaper and 2 you dislike challenging content generally puts you in a relatively small percentage of the playerbase. A lot of necro players have moved from reaper to scourge, and many others have found ways to play the reaper successfully in HoT. But HoT is buzzing these days. There's people everywhere. So whether you personally like it or don't like it doesn't really change anything I've said. It proves or disproves nothing.

    Good points, not every game is for everyone, and one day I'm sure that an Elite Spec that should have had it's day from 2015 to 2017 will eventually get it's chance perhaps next expansion, or the one after that, or the one after that, or perhaps when it goes on maintenance mode and everything gets boosted to god mode for a dwindling population then perhaps finally my Reaper will be alright getting into Raids.

    Not every MMO is meant for everyone, I had some fun while I was here I just wish I hadn't spent money based off of my expectations as opposed to what I was presented (this time around I'm approaching my purchases more cynically in ESO, namely the Sub which is worth it's money and that's about it at the moment since my RNG has been phenomenal with any promo crates I get).

    “The only watchmaker is the blind forces of physics.”
    ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

  • Vayne.8563Vayne.8563 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2018

    @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

    @Vayne.8563 said:

    @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

    @Vayne.8563 said:

    @Alga.6498 said:

    @DeadlySynz.3471 said:
    Nope, mainly because the game mode I mainly play (WvW) has lost too many people. That and it's not a good sign when the HoT expansion has more players than PoF. I'm not really sure what they could do or expand on at this point.

    Agreed. WvW is not at all what it used to be a few years ago, I keep wondering if WvW's fate will be better in time or not. I felt this too regards HoT vs PoF. There was alot more players who did indeed purchase HoT as it was the 1st expansion. I remember the price fiasco too. Maybe I am wrong but is the game dying after all? Only time will tell... I guess.

    Actually, I'm relatively sure that deliberate design decisions keep more people in HoT, nothing to do with the quality of the new expansion. They want people in HoT because HoT needs people to function. The new expansion needs considerably less people. Anet is much better at directing traffic than people give them credit for.

    I rarely ever went back to the Jungle after Path of Fire dropped (exploration was still too frustrating to be worth my time because of Metas running on what ever dead map I landed on and I sure as hell wouldn't take a map spot away from some one that wanted to do the META events on the populated Maps) when I still played, I made Legendary Bounty trains work to fill that void, plus Instan gave us a decent farm. The state of Reaper in PVE and the PVE Endgame Meta have killed it all for me. I know I said I was coming back, and hell I miss the game to a certain point, but the state of Reaper kills me and stifles my interest.

    Totally your choice and doesn't change the fact that HoT maps are busier in general than PoF maps, and I spend plenty of time in both. Your specific situation, 1 you play a reaper and 2 you dislike challenging content generally puts you in a relatively small percentage of the playerbase. A lot of necro players have moved from reaper to scourge, and many others have found ways to play the reaper successfully in HoT. But HoT is buzzing these days. There's people everywhere. So whether you personally like it or don't like it doesn't really change anything I've said. It proves or disproves nothing.

    Good points, not every game is for everyone, and one day I'm sure that an Elite Spec that should have had it's day from 2015 to 2017 will eventually get it's chance perhaps next expansion, or the one after that, or the one after that, or perhaps when it goes on maintenance mode and everything gets boosted to god mode for a dwindling population then perhaps finally my Reaper will be alright getting into Raids.

    Not every MMO is meant for everyone, I had some fun while I was here I just wish I hadn't spent money based off of my expectations as opposed to what I was presented (this time around I'm approaching my purchases more cynically in ESO, namely the Sub which is worth it's money and that's about it at the moment since my RNG has been phenomenal with any promo crates I get).

    See the problem is, your comment getting into raids. You've said in other threads how certain things have been too hard and how reaper is the only profession you can play/survive on. That would probably make raids content too hard for you no matter how powerful reaper became or didn't become. Raids require more commitment than what a lot of casual PvEr's are willing to put into it. We have necros in our guild raids sometimes and they do fine. This just feels like an excuse to me.

    You've said you can only play one profession, there are nine. You've said that you can only play one elite spec of the two avaiable for that profession and survive. I'm not really sure how this is the game's fault either way.

  • Yes absolutely! Although I bought GW2 soon after release, I have a feeling it just started. The mounts gave me motivation to explore the world for every toon and I love the recent Black Lion Market additions to the Home Instance.
    Ok these Home goodies are extra's you'll have to pay for, but I love to decorate my own little place in the City. It's non P2W and for me it's a great way to support the game, same for costumes. I hope for many more expansions, this is the only MMO I play. Love the dynamic event system.

    I do hope they will expand the garden (I loved the Mists of Pandaria gardening/cooking). Even if it costs me money.

  • MachineManXX.9746MachineManXX.9746 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2018

    I absolutely plan to buy the next, and any future expansions after that. It almost seems that this game was tailor made for my mmo desires and I want to have the ability to experience everything it has to offer.

  • Mr Godlike.6098Mr Godlike.6098 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2018

    In case of PvP devs treats ele's like garbage. I have seen already in beta where weaver will end in case of pvp, especially in consideration of what other elite spec will have, so I didn't bought it. And oh man, how they forgot and neglected tempest...after year of non stop nerfs killing our build diversity. Yet I have PoF because somebody didn't know what to give me on Christmas. But my pocket is safe and I keep on ignoring gemstore. Still I will tell everyone that in case of pvp ele - dev's shouldn't be paid for bad job...cause what's the point? You will be still stuck on core s/f for another few seasons.

  • shippage.1983shippage.1983 Member ✭✭✭

    Even if they made the worst xpac in existence for $50, I'd buy it for new Elite Specs.

    Shípp - Mesmer main 🐉
    Feel free to add me in game.
    I mostly PvP and open world PvE.

  • GreyWolf.8670GreyWolf.8670 Member ✭✭✭

    No. Not if they're going to continue to be stingy with in-game rewards like mount skins.

  • Oldirtbeard.9834Oldirtbeard.9834 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vayne.8563 said:

    @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

    @Vayne.8563 said:

    @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

    @Vayne.8563 said:

    @Alga.6498 said:

    @DeadlySynz.3471 said:
    Nope, mainly because the game mode I mainly play (WvW) has lost too many people. That and it's not a good sign when the HoT expansion has more players than PoF. I'm not really sure what they could do or expand on at this point.

    Agreed. WvW is not at all what it used to be a few years ago, I keep wondering if WvW's fate will be better in time or not. I felt this too regards HoT vs PoF. There was alot more players who did indeed purchase HoT as it was the 1st expansion. I remember the price fiasco too. Maybe I am wrong but is the game dying after all? Only time will tell... I guess.

    Actually, I'm relatively sure that deliberate design decisions keep more people in HoT, nothing to do with the quality of the new expansion. They want people in HoT because HoT needs people to function. The new expansion needs considerably less people. Anet is much better at directing traffic than people give them credit for.

    I rarely ever went back to the Jungle after Path of Fire dropped (exploration was still too frustrating to be worth my time because of Metas running on what ever dead map I landed on and I sure as hell wouldn't take a map spot away from some one that wanted to do the META events on the populated Maps) when I still played, I made Legendary Bounty trains work to fill that void, plus Instan gave us a decent farm. The state of Reaper in PVE and the PVE Endgame Meta have killed it all for me. I know I said I was coming back, and hell I miss the game to a certain point, but the state of Reaper kills me and stifles my interest.

    Totally your choice and doesn't change the fact that HoT maps are busier in general than PoF maps, and I spend plenty of time in both. Your specific situation, 1 you play a reaper and 2 you dislike challenging content generally puts you in a relatively small percentage of the playerbase. A lot of necro players have moved from reaper to scourge, and many others have found ways to play the reaper successfully in HoT. But HoT is buzzing these days. There's people everywhere. So whether you personally like it or don't like it doesn't really change anything I've said. It proves or disproves nothing.

    Good points, not every game is for everyone, and one day I'm sure that an Elite Spec that should have had it's day from 2015 to 2017 will eventually get it's chance perhaps next expansion, or the one after that, or the one after that, or perhaps when it goes on maintenance mode and everything gets boosted to god mode for a dwindling population then perhaps finally my Reaper will be alright getting into Raids.

    Not every MMO is meant for everyone, I had some fun while I was here I just wish I hadn't spent money based off of my expectations as opposed to what I was presented (this time around I'm approaching my purchases more cynically in ESO, namely the Sub which is worth it's money and that's about it at the moment since my RNG has been phenomenal with any promo crates I get).

    See the problem is, your comment getting into raids. You've said in other threads how certain things have been too hard and how reaper is the only profession you can play/survive on. That would probably make raids content too hard for you no matter how powerful reaper became or didn't become. Raids require more commitment than what a lot of casual PvEr's are willing to put into it. We have necros in our guild raids sometimes and they do fine. This just feels like an excuse to me.

    You've said you can only play one profession, there are nine. You've said that you can only play one elite spec of the two avaiable for that profession and survive. I'm not really sure how this is the game's fault either way.

    It isn't I guess, I got what I could out of Open World, now I'm playing a more traditional MMO with set roles and I find I'm just more comfortable playing classes and builds that are designed to mitigate damage like tanks have always been meant to do, I've always found a niche in games with remedial Raiding for example ESO where I happen to be welcomed in that difficulty tier (especially playing a tank): having no issues with the content at all, this was the same thing for me in Wow, and Rift.

    Like I said no every MMO was meant for everyone, unfortunately for the past two and a half years I was fooled into believing there was going to be a place for my Reaper at the table, I also had expectations based off of industry standards that GW2 would eventually choose to make an easier tier of Raiding, I supported the devs financially with every baby step thinking they'll figure it out at some point theres no. Way any one could be so obtuse and oblivious in an industry that has certain standards, I was wrong.

    Basically I've just come to the conclusion that GW2 has found its stride as an Indie game with a subculture of gamers off of the center of what you see usually, basically ANET has chosen to become the College Rock Station as opposed to wanting something more mainstream and that is fine. However it isn't for me, I need the security blanket of playing a tank, I need to play a durable class that people are happy to see when you step into a dungeon or Raid, I do not want to dance around like a Ballerina avoiding mechanics I prefer taking it on the face and having people thank me for choosing to do that for them.

    It is what it is and no one's right or wrong, we all just have different tastes, different needs, and different expectations.

    “The only watchmaker is the blind forces of physics.”
    ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

  • AliamRationem.5172AliamRationem.5172 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Rauderi.8706 said:
    I will most likely buy due to momentum. I haven't been all that happy with the story's choppy character writing. Or with the encounter designs and their CC/KD fetish.
    My motivation seems to be winding down, even with a new expansion, because almost all of my goals still involve waiting for some once/2hr meta. Maybe it's just Istan that's not all that enjoyable, kinda middling as far as expansions zones are concerned. The new weapon collections are meh, and they still haven't figured out how to do achievements properly for story instances.

    And then I'm not sure what kind of masteries they can even include. We have all the "joy of movement" we really need (and it's glorious~). While this set of elite specs is more interesting than most of HoT's, adding yet another set is just going to make some people whine all the more anyway.

    You can't please everyone and it feels to me like PoF tried to do that, to some extent. The results are predictably mixed, but nowhere near as polarized as the reaction to HoT.

    For example, there was an obvious outcry against map designs like TD and VB. So they gave us open, single-layer maps instead. This fairly one-sided solution probably would have received some degree of backlash from players like myself who consider the HoT maps to be the best the game has to offer. However, they absolutely nailed it with the mount system and this made relatively ordinary map designs quite a bit more interesting to navigate! I am a bit ashamed to admit it, but I've even found myself enjoying core Tyria map completion for a change, since mounts entered the game!

    But then there are examples of what didn't work. Most notable in my mind, the events. A return to the core design of uninspired "hearts" and one-off events that do little to advance any sort of open world story was a huge departure from HoT's story-telling through chain events that tie what's happening in one location of the map to everything else going on. The story of the Vabbi humans and their relationship to the awakened is particularly interesting and complex, and I see the lack of support in the event structure as a missed opportunity. I find myself wishing the PoF maps had something to match helping rescue the nobles and escort them to safety (including everyone's favorite: Lord Loincloth!) in the Faren's Flyer event chain, for instance.

  • Oldirtbeard.9834Oldirtbeard.9834 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @AliamRationem.5172 said:

    @Rauderi.8706 said:
    I will most likely buy due to momentum. I haven't been all that happy with the story's choppy character writing. Or with the encounter designs and their CC/KD fetish.
    My motivation seems to be winding down, even with a new expansion, because almost all of my goals still involve waiting for some once/2hr meta. Maybe it's just Istan that's not all that enjoyable, kinda middling as far as expansions zones are concerned. The new weapon collections are meh, and they still haven't figured out how to do achievements properly for story instances.

    And then I'm not sure what kind of masteries they can even include. We have all the "joy of movement" we really need (and it's glorious~). While this set of elite specs is more interesting than most of HoT's, adding yet another set is just going to make some people whine all the more anyway.

    You can't please everyone and it feels to me like PoF tried to do that, to some extent. The results are predictably mixed, but nowhere near as polarized as the reaction to HoT.

    For example, there was an obvious outcry against map designs like TD and VB. So they gave us open, single-layer maps instead. This fairly one-sided solution probably would have received some degree of backlash from players like myself who consider the HoT maps to be the best the game has to offer. However, they absolutely nailed it with the mount system and this made relatively ordinary map designs quite a bit more interesting to navigate! I am a bit ashamed to admit it, but I've even found myself enjoying core Tyria map completion for a change, since mounts entered the game!

    But then there are examples of what didn't work. Most notable in my mind, the events. A return to the core design of uninspired "hearts" and one-off events that do little to advance any sort of open world story was a huge departure from HoT's story-telling through chain events that tie what's happening in one location of the map to everything else going on. The story of the Vabbi humans and their relationship to the awakened is particularly interesting and complex, and I see the lack of support in the event structure as a missed opportunity. I find myself wishing the PoF maps had something to match helping rescue the nobles and escort them to safety (including everyone's favorite: Lord Loincloth!) in the Faren's Flyer event chain, for instance.

    I found the Bounty Trains to reminiscent of old fashioned Champ Trains, Instan is there to scratch that farm itch. Perhaps they should have made these bounties have waves of mobs before the main event to enable more common loot drops to salvage for example. For Legendary Ones for instance make groups go to 3 or 4 near by areas to take control of by killing mobs in the predetermined area after which the big boss drops in.

    Ah well done with my break, back to playing what I'm actively playing these days.

    “The only watchmaker is the blind forces of physics.”
    ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

  • Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @AliamRationem.5172 said:
    You can't please everyone and it feels to me like PoF tried to do that, to some extent. The results are predictably mixed, but nowhere near as polarized as the reaction to HoT.
    For example, there was an obvious outcry against map designs like TD and VB. So they gave us open, single-layer maps instead. This fairly one-sided solution probably would have received some degree of backlash from players like myself who consider the HoT maps to be the best the game has to offer. However, they absolutely nailed it with the mount system and this made relatively ordinary map designs quite a bit more interesting to navigate! I am a bit ashamed to admit it, but I've even found myself enjoying core Tyria map completion for a change, since mounts entered the game!
    But then there are examples of what didn't work. Most notable in my mind, the events. A return to the core design of uninspired "hearts" and one-off events that do little to advance any sort of open world story was a huge departure from HoT's story-telling through chain events that tie what's happening in one location of the map to everything else going on. The story of the Vabbi humans and their relationship to the awakened is particularly interesting and complex, and I see the lack of support in the event structure as a missed opportunity. I find myself wishing the PoF maps had something to match helping rescue the nobles and escort them to safety (including everyone's favorite: Lord Loincloth!) in the Faren's Flyer event chain, for instance.

    :+1: Thoughtful assessment.
    I definitely enjoyed my time exploring PoF content. ANet still has that joy of exploration. Probably the best reason to pick up an expansion.

    I just find myself "waiting to have fun" a lot of times, because so much of the goal-oriented content is still on rails or is delivered on a stingy clock, because something-something "rewards" or whatever.
    Or perhaps there's an opposite problems (totally on myself). With so much little stuff to do, so many checklists made of checklists, there's a sort of choice paralysis to achieving anything in GW2. But somehow I still ask myself "but why?" when I try to get motivated to do it.

    So far as map design, I hear ya. While I appreciated the flat maps, there was a lot of unappropriated space that could have been used for caverns or buildings, other little hidey-holes to make explorable without going so far as Tangled Depths. And I still love VB overall, even if the semi-timegate on canopy access exists. Yeah, there's workarounds, and the griffon makes it almost a moot point, but two years ago, it wasn't so fun. After Advanced Gliding, though, VB's spiffy.
    PoF got some of the explorable stuff right, though. I don't recall have much, if any, of the map objectives blocked off because of some meta that wasn't running. The maps just feel kind of empty because so few events seem to travel through. Lots of open space with not so much to do.

    And I'll be honest, not having a zone like Dragon Stand also feels like a missed opportunity. Just don't put it on a timer like Dragon Stand. All the taxiing and waiting was pitiful. Silverwastes really is that sweet spot between jump-in play and coordinated meta-event zone.

    Many alts! Handle it!

    "A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

  • can only see the reason to buy it is to stay in meta. don't plan on buying it due to the fact i got really bored of guild wars 2 a while back and never bought the second one. there's also poor choices that is going to keep me from playing too.

  • I will get it at some point. I've started the story I will finish it. I wasn't a fan of the HoT maps, the PoF maps i do like, mounts I find are needless really, the maps here made so you have to have the mounts to get everything on the maps same as the mastery's where in HoT. Ive enjoyed Both Xpacs for the exploration point of view, But both story's have been very short. Personally i don't think we get Xpac's we get DLC season passes with a chunk of DLC content upfront. when ever the next Xpac comes out, I'll probably do what I did with PoF, and wait till Christmas to buy it for my self.

  • SunTzu.4513SunTzu.4513 Member ✭✭✭

    I'm not sure atm. For me HoT and PoF are solid expacs. But i really don't like the way how the cash shop goes on with all this mountskins and other qol things like added space for inventorybags, Transmutation Charge and other things. I'm really thinking about to go back to WoW at the moment. Also i'm a little bit upset how ANet is balancing the game in all gamemodes.

  • Mmorpgs was popular some years ago but it died quickly

  • I enjoy playing the game. Of course I'll buy it (wvwvw'er here)

  • Mal.1670Mal.1670 Member ✭✭

    IMHO, GW2 is and has been the best MMO on the market, no subscription fee or F2P nonsense. Still not saying a whole lot because there aren't a lot of great MMOs without sub fees or pay to win kitten. There are countless issues in the game that people have complained about and rarely get addressed such as UI issues, which is frustrating, but it's still a decent game overall.

  • TheOrlyFactor.8341TheOrlyFactor.8341 Member ✭✭✭✭

    If they keep up with the kind of storytelling they did in Episode 1 of Living World Season 4, then no.

    Asura fanatic.
    World's largest Zojja fan.
    Illconceived Was Na fanboy.

  • @Mal.1670 said:
    IMHO, GW2 is and has been the best MMO on the market, no subscription fee or F2P nonsense. Still not saying a whole lot because there aren't a lot of great MMOs without sub fees or pay to win kitten. There are countless issues in the game that people have complained about and rarely get addressed such as UI issues, which is frustrating, but it's still a decent game overall.

    this game has more P2W, than most mmos, so youre wrong on that one

  • I'm 5 years in what will probably be the last mmo my old kitten will play.

  • Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Aryan Arlande.6184 said:

    @Rhyse.8179 said:
    No. So far, each expac has been a case of "nerf everything except the expansion in order to force people to buy it." Not interested in another cycle of that.

    This.

    I'm really fed up with this kind of behavior.

    According to Metabattle that's not entirely true.

    Necro

    • SPvP - Scourge
    • WvW - Scourge
    • PvE - Scourge

    Mesmer

    • SPvP - Mirage
    • WvW - Chronomancer
    • PvE - Chronomancer

    Elementalist

    • SPvP - lol ( weaver if you want )
    • WvW - Weaver
    • PvE - Weaver

    Engineer

    • SPvP - Holosmith
    • WvW - Holosmith
    • PvE - Holosmith

    Ranger

    • SPvP - Druid
    • WvW - Druid
    • PvE - Druid

    Thief

    • SPvP - CORE ( zomg, core! )
    • WvW - Daredevil
    • PvE - Daredevil

    Guardian

    • SPvP - Firebrand
    • WvW - Dragonhunter/Firebrand
    • PvE - Dragonhunter/Firebrand

    Revenant

    • SPvP - lol ( Herald if you really want )
    • WvW - Herald
    • PvE - Renegade

    Warrior

    • SPvP - Spellbreaker
    • WvW - Spellbreaker ( also core could probably be viable for some roaming, but i would prefer spellbreaker )
    • PvE - Berserker

    9 classes
    3 Game Modes

    11-14 out of 27 is definitely balanced ( PoF didn't replace all HoT builds, and this will probably be the same with the next expansion ).
    Let's also see after the incoming balance patch.

  • STIHL.2489STIHL.2489 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @battledrone.8315 said:

    @Mal.1670 said:
    IMHO, GW2 is and has been the best MMO on the market, no subscription fee or F2P nonsense. Still not saying a whole lot because there aren't a lot of great MMOs without sub fees or pay to win kitten. There are countless issues in the game that people have complained about and rarely get addressed such as UI issues, which is frustrating, but it's still a decent game overall.

    this game has more P2W, than most mmos, so youre wrong on that one

    What exactly does this game have that is P2W? Now don't go crying about expansions, as every game that survives has them.. but what is in the store that is P2W.. and don't give me no cosmetic junk either, that ain't winning that's whining.

    There are two kinds of Gamers, Salty, and Extra Salty.
    Ego is the Anesthesia that dullens the pain of Stupidity.

  • I will the expansion, because I just want to experience the new map and the elite. And there exp doesn't cost to much. I didn't like PoF that much, the only thing that I like about it was mirage, but I still purchase it because I just want to support them.

  • At this point in time no.

    The write off of two major GW1 characters and inconsistent story arch focus is quickly turning the games story into something I could care less about. Dev's and writers, please stop bouncing between the Elder Dragons being such an ominous and imminent threat, then spending a year developing short sub plots with weak tie-ins to the main story. We've been introduced to so many characters while Kralk is supposedly a DIRECT and CURRENT threat, meanwhile there has been nothing in the past three LS released related to him (I guess the brief glimpses of aurene doing random things may count...).

    Every aspect of the game has become increasingly disappointing with newer releases, and the majority of cosmetic items (the end game... yea ok) are all tied to the gemstore.

  • Speak for yourself that we don't need mounts. I love the mounts.

  • Alga.6498Alga.6498 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Tere.4759 said:
    Speak for yourself that we don't need mounts. I love the mounts.

    There is a huge difference of loving mounts and needing mounts. You really need to learn the difference and we'll talk again.

    | Separatist | Nightmare Court | Inquest | White Mantle | Sunspears | Loyalists | Ascalon | Kryta | Ebonhawke | Elona | Istan | Kourna | Vabbi | Cantha | Luxon | Kurzick | 71 characters | "Rally to me, Ascalonians!" "Keep Ascalon in your heart." "May the Gods protect you." "Be blessed by the Six."

  • Hybarf Tics.2048Hybarf Tics.2048 Member ✭✭✭

    Even though I said yes, my yes would go a long way if the expansion is not yet Cantha. I need something new to Tyria unseen even in GW 1, liked a new land, culture and race and where we are not welcome for the most part. B)

  • Game of Bones.8975Game of Bones.8975 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I will unless there's something stopping me.

    "That's what" -- She

  • ImTasty.2163ImTasty.2163 Member ✭✭✭

    @Alga.6498 said:

    @Tere.4759 said:
    Speak for yourself that we don't need mounts. I love the mounts.

    There is a huge difference of loving mounts and needing mounts. You really need to learn the difference and we'll talk again.

    Well with the inclusion of some terrain and areas that can only be traversed or reached with mounts, they are very much needed now.

  • No, if they continue like this. PoF and Season 4 maps so far feel like throwaway content (except istan maybe). Needs more longevity and replayability systems.

  • @Alga.6498 said:
    I made this poll Anonymous, so none will get to feel guilty, being insulted or dare not to enter this poll.
    Whenever it's out, what kind of content it will be of course. But based on our two current expansions, would you still support GW2 or that's it after our 2 expansions?

    My opinion, HoT and PoF had both their cons and pros as most things do but since I am one of these veteran players, I often compare GW1 and GW2 expansions all together, which makes things bad, sadly. I do enjoy them both but sometimes I just hate them.

    HoT is my so far favorite expansion in GW2, that was a huge new level taken into Tyria, their dramatic and awesome storyline, gliders, elite specs, Meta-events and other world dynamic events.
    PoF, only thing I liked about it was that we went back to Elona after so long. And that we got more stuff about the human gods which I truly enjoy. Other than that... well, the storyline was OK but not as good as the HoT oh and mounts..? We never needed mounts.. I also hate ANet how they tease the kitten out of us who has been requesting new weapon mechanism, the land-Spear and Scythe. Again, they locked them behind NPC only and gave us the middle finger, literally.
    Oh well, back to the point.

    I really do hope we will get back to Cantha this time, ft. the Deep Sea Dragon (finally) and including a whole new underwater rework with lots of UW content. Hoping for a new playable race, Tengu or Largos as this would be my absolutely dream to come true for GW2.
    I hope the Norns will have their time to shine now aswell..

    If we will get a 3rd expansion, as we can only imagine for now that ANet is currently working on a 3rd expansion as we speak. What will make you purchase a 3rd expansion?
    Depending on what kind of content they will be offering?
    Are you going to buy it no matter what?
    You wont purchase it as HoT/PoF did not give the content you were hoping for?

    Comment below and write your thoughts!

    Of course I'll be purchasing. Despite the occasional issues, the game has enough to keep me entertained and I do get my money's worth.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.