[Suggestion] Add an inventory slot for each weapon type for a class

shippage.1983

I think it'd be convenient if each equippable weapon had an inventory slot for it. Similar to how Spear/Trident have their own unique slots.

For example, Mesmer would have a single inventory slot for the following:

• Greatsword
  • Staff
  • Axe
  • Scepter
  • Sword (Main)
  • Sword (Off)
  • Focus
  • Pistol
  • Shield
  • Torch

My reasoning is, every player should have at least one type of every weapon so they can easily swap between all weapon move-sets. Currently, most people keep their weapons in their Invisible Bag, so this would save everyone a bit of inventory space as well. It always makes me paranoid I might salvage my weapons, so this gives me some peace of mind.

@"shippage.1983" said:Currently, most people keep their weapons in their Invisible Bag, so this would save everyone a bit of inventory space as well. It always makes me paranoid I might salvage my weapons, so this gives me some peace of mind.

My guess is that most people have ascended weapons and cannot salvage them accidentally. Or exotics at least? Is there anyone who uses "Salvage all Exotics"? I never do that in the first place, I only salvage all masterwork and lower or "all rare". I also don't have invisible bags though, maybe I'm just different.

@Faaris.8013 said:

@"shippage.1983" said:Currently, most people keep their weapons in their Invisible Bag, so this would save everyone a bit of inventory space as well. It always makes me paranoid I might salvage my weapons, so this gives me some peace of mind.

My guess is that most people have ascended weapons and cannot salvage them accidentally. Or exotics at least? Is there anyone who uses "Salvage all Exotics"? I never do that in the first place, I only salvage all masterwork and lower or "all rare". I also don't have invisible bags though, maybe I'm just different.

There isn't an option to salvage all exotics.

But I would still love some where to store my weapons outside of the bag, it would make them easier to find.

@Oglaf.1074 said:I’m more worried about accidentally vendoring something than salvaging it, tbh.

My kingdom for a “Sell all trash green/yellow sigils”-option at vendors so I don’t accidentally double-click my Ascended stuff when going on a selling rampage.

I wish I had a kingdom ?

Anyway. I'd really like it to have this as an option. I frequently switch my dual-pistols with dual-daggers. So I always have 2 bag slots filled.

@CharterforGw.3149 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:I’m more worried about accidentally vendoring something than salvaging it, tbh.

My kingdom for a “Sell all trash green/yellow sigils”-option at vendors so I don’t accidentally double-click my Ascended stuff when going on a selling rampage.

I wish I had a kingdom ?

Anyway. I'd really like it to have this as an option. I frequently switch my dual-pistols with dual-daggers. So I always have 2 bag slots filled.

I don’t have one either but the hypothetical other party doesn’t know that...!

I would like "build bags", that is, "tabbed" hero equipment panel linked to traits, utility skills and other build specific things like ranger pets). This would be bit similar to PvP build, although it would keep the weapons, too. I really don't switch weapons that often, as they are tied to certain builds (traits, armor & trinket set, utility skills), but I would like to have some way to switch between builds easily.Simplest implementation would just multiply hero panel to tabs and include utility skill + pet slots in it. I know this simple implementation could be bit difficult and grind-wise laborous, as you would need complete sets of armor, trinkets and weapons for each build, but maybe it could be eased with some novel ideas? Maybe it would just be a "regular" bag, and when activating it, it would switch all its content to character slots? Or something. I don't know. But build switching is terribly laborous and error prone, and you realize your errors only too late, in the middle of the fight.

@"shippage.1983" said:Similar to how Spear/Trident have their own unique slots.

In general, I find the suggestion interesting, but I feel that this needs to be clarified - there isn't actually "unique slots" for Spear/Trident. It's simply two weapon slots for UW weapons (for most). It's just that most classes only have two choices. Engineer and Elementalist only have one slot, just like on land, but also only have one choice. Revenant has two slots, but only one UW weapon choice!

You can slot whichever UW weapon you want in those two slots - my ranger could have two Spears with different sigils if I wanted to.

Still - your actual suggestion is interesting, and would definitely free up a bunch of slots in Invisible Bags!

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:I would like for the elementalist and engineer to have a double weapon slot like the other classes.I get for balancing reasons they don't allow swapping, but they can just like disable the toggle weapons button when in combat.

Why ele only uses staffs and engi maily uses kits

If your ele is only using a staff, then you're missing out on a lot :)

@Ayakaru.6583 said:I would like for the elementalist and engineer to have a double weapon slot like the other classes.I get for balancing reasons they don't allow swapping, but they can just like disable the toggle weapons button when in combat.Ele and Engi have more weapon choices per any class thanks to attunements (Ele) and Kits (engie).

Staff Ele has 20 weapon skills from staff/attune alone ranging attack to support that doesn't even include the combo of one handed weapons.Engi's have their kits, Medic, Tool, FlameThrower, Elixar gun, Bombs, Grenades, Mortar, Giving them 35 weapon skills with those alone.Allowing them to easily swap equipped weapons even out of combat would give them a greater advantage over other classes .

@starhunter.6015 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:I would like for the elementalist and engineer to have a double weapon slot like the other classes.I get for balancing reasons they don't allow swapping, but they can just like disable the toggle weapons button when in combat.Ele and Engi have more weapon choices per any class thanks to attunements (Ele) and Kits (engie).

Staff Ele has 20 weapon skills from staff/attune alone ranging attack to support that doesn't even include the combo of one handed weapons.Engi's have their kits, Medic, Tool, FlameThrower, Elixar gun, Bombs, Grenades, Mortar, Giving them 35 weapon skills with those alone.Allowing them to easily swap equipped weapons even out of combat would give them a greater advantage over other classes .

Then, lock it also when any cooldown is running on a weapon skill. Point being, it's annoying to constantly have to open my inventory to swap weapons everytime i move to a different region.Its because some weapons are better for big, buff enemy, others for several weak ones.And you can already easily swap the weapons, outside combat, but you have to open the inventory everytime.

Archived