Ranger main want to go Ele

AEFA.9035

Hello, like the title said, 3000+ hours on ranger, Im not that great maybe because i have cheap internet LOL or maybe im just bad. But to get a view of my skills my highest was gold 3.

I tried weaver and just in love with avatar cartoon style, I just want to get some input on this class cause its getting bad reviews, but i think it has one of the highest dps? im not talking about HoT ele im talking about weaver ele. Im just having trouble with the class cause im used to kiting and again maybe its a learn to play issue, but there seems to be limited condition cleanse on this class, maybe someone can point me out i like videos better. Also what is a good spvp build for this class.

Thank you

Staff ele in pve requires kiting, but unlike ranger who relies on projectiles, ele relies on aoe fields so you need to either cc mobs so they dont move out or just stay in close range while placing aoes close to you.
Most of condi cleanses come from water spec, but it usually comes with dps loss, or healing skill which doesnt give great heal, but it cleanses lots of condies. You also have water 5 on staff, which is usually enough.

I dont think starting spvp with weaver is good idea since it's rather weak in current meta or requires lots of experience to make it work decently.

SUMMARY:

• Staff Weaver is the only thing it has going on atm due to it's high DPS potential.
  • Actually has a lot of cleanse in exchange for DPS loss and combat inefficiency.
  • No spot for sPvP (either underpowered or too balanced)
  • No "good" build out there yet because there's literally no niche for Weaver in sPvP (including the being "jacks-of-all-trades").

It does have the highest potential DPS in PvE with Staff; however, it requires specific scenarios to get maximum results (e.g. Large hitbox, stationary target, lots of support from team) and this is why I stopped playing Staff for a while due to how rigid and situational it is for a spec meant for versatility, unlike DH who can maximize their dps regardless of the situation.

Now, for the condi cleanses, it actually has an insane amount of cleansing with Water-Weaver traits or from Earth's trait Diamond Skin that it's borderline OP, but what makes this not OP is due to how much DPS you'd have to sacrifice just to get a reliable cleanse, so you'll be forced to get one of these: lots of clean with low dps; mediocre/unreliable clean with medium dps; Extremely low/no cleanse at all with high dps.

For competitive/ranked spvp, where Condi haunts you wherever you go, you'll be forced to get lots of cleanses, which means you'll have to use water and weaver xx2, and end up playing a bunker weaver with an extremely unreliable support that does low/mediocre damage compared to other bunkers (Unless you main FA scepter Weaver, any Weaver who has played it long enough in sPvP will eventually get to this build even without googling different builds). Phantaram's Sage build and Cello's Mender's build are I think already the most optimal Weaver build for sPvP, but what makes it not "good" enough is that, there's nothing it offers better than any class, and it's not even the best at being a jacks-of-all-trades because guard, engi, ranger, and maybe even Chrono all are a better jacks-of-all-trades for sPvP than Weaver atm.

Sorry for the long text but I am just pretty passionate with this class despite how disappointing it can be.

I would try it first in pve until you get a feel for each of its 26 skills for each weapon set, otherwise you're gonna rage quit because you'll feel utterly useless.

Most likely scenario to happen is that you'll quit. Going from lolranger to ele after 3k hours should prove to be impossible, and weaver on top of it? lol.

For spvp builds you have:

• Fresh air sc/f weaver
  • Sw/d hybrid bunker weaver

The first one is like power shatter mesmer, except slightly weaker and the second is a poor man's spellbreaker.

@AEFA.9035 said:Hello, like the title said, 3000+ hours on ranger, Im not that great maybe because i have cheap internet LOL or maybe im just bad. But to get a view of my skills my highest was gold 3.

I tried weaver and just in love with avatar cartoon style, I just want to get some input on this class cause its getting bad reviews, but i think it has one of the highest dps? im not talking about HoT ele im talking about weaver ele. Im just having trouble with the class cause im used to kiting and again maybe its a learn to play issue, but there seems to be limited condition cleanse on this class, maybe someone can point me out i like videos better. Also what is a good spvp build for this class.

Thank you

You can watch at Cellofrag in youtube, he has nice videos of weaver pvp, i have tried it too, and it is a blast.

Ele was my first character and its still my main for pve.For pvp i main ranger and obviously you know druid is currently meta for pvp but ele is in pretty bad shape.One thing you want to keep in mind that for pve you are going from one of the tankiest class to one of the squishiest class. In higher fractals (t4)/raids everything will ONE SHOT ele because you are supposed to run full zerk as ele leaving you with around 11k health. So unless you want your team mates to revive you all the time you need to be extra careful of your surroundings and those aoe circles. If you can master that then ele can be a lot of fun and its dps output is amazing.

Archived