Been years still no development / Complaints.

Renoaku.4189

I own all the original Guild Wars games, for the year that Guild Wars 1 was released April,26,2005 this game was one of the best series, back then game development often didn't have any of the good features like great looking character models, housing features, boss locations on a map, and all that, so this is why Guild Wars 1 was great for it's time, and why I enjoyed GW1 over GW2.

Guild Wars 2, The complaints...

Guild Wars 2, was released August 28, 2012, by this date, character models were already realistic in online games, and good player housing was a thing, such as the customization in housing you will find in games like "Elder Scrolls Online" "Rift" "Arche Age".

Complaint #1, This game has been out since 2012, has yet to have any actual Instanced / Customizable player housing, this is something I would love to see in the game something that could bring me back dumping hundreds of dollars a month into GW2, but something this game has lacked for years, Instanced housing is important I am not talking about basic instanced housing, but the ability to be granted like a free house to every player or district, and a way to upgrade it bigger, and add things such as "Farms" "Mines", and expanding the crafting system to make housing / land owning actually worth while, while making money through the cash shop rather than just buying Miners nodes and harvesting in a home instanced that is generic and boring as heck.

Complaint 2, Character Customization & Cosmetic Items / Armors.

First, character creation sucks, compared to Black Desert Online where a user can pay $15 a month in game with pearls, or Gems in GW2 for example the user can edit the character appearance at any time including all details of the character for free and save it, this makes Black Desert Online great as a user can freely change and customize.

The armor system in GW2 sucks, again in Black Desert you just equip pieces of armor from the Cash Shop and it changes appearance of armor, in GW2 you have to pay for transmute charges which should be (FREE) the only thing that should cost is money to unlock cosmetic sets, features, hairs, dyes, etc.

However once an armour us unlocked it should be able to be applied as many times as a person wants for free.

Complaint 3

No in-game bosses, notifications, or boss timers.

Doesn't display boss spawn location on the world map to players.

No Spawn Timers, or Sound Notifications like Black Desert has.

These 3 changes would greatly make the game better and more playable, otherwise just waiting for more population decrease since the last time I played or bothered to play this game currently I am playing Black Desert, not saying they get everything right because the housing on Black Desert does suck, but besides that it's the only game worth playing at the moment given everything else i've tried even GW2 just sucks due to not having meaningful content, crafting, or housing systems.Just waiting for Ashes OF Creation, or Crow Fall / Something better to play.

I do agree that development seems to have now crawled to a snail's pace. Player housing is, indeed, something that would be quite interesting. If you have played the Witcher 3's Blood and Wine expansion, you know that you are given the Corvo Bianco estate which you can decorate with armor stands, weapon stands, paintings, trophies ans such. I always wondered why such a thing did not exist in GW2. Our "Home Instance" is everything but a home since we have no home there. Our players are, essentially, homeless. I also agree about the character creation process and I'm still trying to figure out how come this feature does not receive an update. As it is, our characters are quite generic. I could also add that there's a lot of work to be done regarding the armors, both in style and the horde of clipping issues. On one side, too many armor pieces/sets are way too overdone. On the other side, while I know devs like to please the hormone-overdriven adolescents, too many human female armors look straight out of a Victoria's Secret catalog. Side note: plate mail armor for women do not have boobs, thankyewverymuch.

As for complain 3, although the in-game boss timers would be a nice addition, there are websites which you can consult. If I need to participate in one or more events I simply open up the page on my second monitor. Dragontimer is a good example.

It's interesting that you say you don't want 'basic instanced housing' but a way to upgrade it and add farms and things so it's worthwhile and then give Elder Scrolls Online as an example of a game that does it right. Houses in ESO are literally just an instance you can decorate. You can't customise or upgrade the houses themselves at all and the vast majority of furniture is purely cosmetic - the most use you get from it is sitting on chairs and turning lights on and off. You can place crafting stations and (if you're willing to shell out £20 each) a banker and merchant, but that's it. You can't use it to harvest crafting materials, or anything like that.

Also I don't understand what makes Black Desert's paid customisation option different to the Total Makeover Kit/Aesthetician - pay 350 gems a time and you can change everything about your character's appearance (except their race) whenever you want.

Also cash shop armour in GW2 is free to apply. You only need to pay transmutation charges if you want to use it multiple times.

@Danikat.8537 said:Also cash shop armour in GW2 is free to apply. You only need to pay transmutation charges if you want to use it multiple times.

Plus, dye acquisition & usage is pricey in BDO. Unlike GW2, there's no wardrobe. You have to own enough dyes or skins to make changes to gear and many of those cost pearls. Without any coin:pearl exchange, it can get pricey. (There are exceptions: temporary use items you can get with loyalty rewards and that can be used more than once.) At the end of the day, in BDO, I couldn't afford to customize my character at all within the game, without spending a lot more than US$15/month.

Ashes of creations killed my hope when I saw those slider bars in combat, hopefully gets removed.

Crowfall I think is strictly PvP? With worse graphics then gw2 but still pretty.

Eso is my personal choice for a great pve experience. Gw2 has nice story and living world so I hop on do those and go back to Eso

I think what OP meant regarding character creation in BDO is the depth, by which you can really craft a really unique visage and appearance. To that end, yes, the character creation process in BDO is far superior than GW2. I<m not talking about clothing or armor, but simply the appearance.

I find these complaints pretty shallow; the kinds of things people say when they look for a reason to leave; if GW2 was that bad, you would have much deeper rooted problems with it other than 'no housing'. It is very superficial. There IS development, it's simply not in a direction you want to see. As someone already mentioned, BDO isn't actually all that different than GW2, with exception of the depth of customization ... and someone nailed that too.

@DeadTreeJig.6714 said:BDO, spend an hour customizing your character's face so you can spend 1k hours staring at the back if its head, all while you watch trees pop in and your fps drop.

So true ... lol. I just laugh at the infinitely customizable features some MMO's have. It's rather stupid really. Maybe for Cyborz, it's important.

@"Danikat.8537" said:It's interesting that you say you don't want 'basic instanced housing' but a way to upgrade it and add farms and things so it's worthwhile and then give Elder Scrolls Online as an example of a game that does it right. Houses in ESO are literally just an instance you can decorate. You can't customise or upgrade the houses themselves at all and the vast majority of furniture is purely cosmetic - the most use you get from it is sitting on chairs and turning lights on and off. You can place crafting stations and (if you're willing to shell out £20 each) a banker and merchant, but that's it. You can't use it to harvest crafting materials, or anything like that.

Also I don't understand what makes Black Desert's paid customisation option different to the Total Makeover Kit/Aesthetician - pay 350 gems a time and you can change everything about your character's appearance (except their race) whenever you want.

Also cash shop armour in GW2 is free to apply. You only need to pay transmutation charges if you want to use it multiple times.

In black desert you can pay per character customization edit, or buy a Value Pack for $15 a month, and then edit unlimited times for 30 days that is the difference, in Black Desert its pretty much just pay for costumes and items that make the game easier, not really pay 2 win, and able to edit any time I want to the appearance of my characters for $15 a month.

Archived