fractal/raid finder ?

MarkoNS.3261

Hello i am just curious why doesnt this game have a "player finder" no really i run fractal cms daily and i have to wait for pugs about 10 min every day if there was one i could just go and farm stuff while the finder does the job in short not waste my time. this could also help out raids alot if you could just que yourself as a commander with the finder looking for 9 pugs with specified li levels or ap. in short this game would be much improved if we had a system to auto find players that fit specifications you set and i am wondering why there isnt one ?

Probably because in this game the roles aren't as easy divided as in other games. I mean in other games you have tank, healer and dps, with variable counts per group. However in Guild Wars 2 there are way more roles and to make matters worse, different encounters need different roles.How does an automatic system make sure you have enough condition damage for the Red Guardian at VGHow does an automatic system make sure you have someone to kite the hands at Deimos

Each encounter has its own unique requirements, making an automated system really hard, if not impossible, to work. At least for Raids, maybe it could work for Fractals.

Well if you look at any good fractal player group what you usually have is 1 mesmer (buffer) 1 Druid (healer) 2 dps 1 cps alright you dont need tank per say in fractals but still you have chrono tank in raids. the system could look at your gear very easy and decide what roles you are condi dps tank whatever is fairly simple. for handkitter alright i dont have a solution but maybe when looking for people it could say team has9/10 players needs a kitter in message or something.Also this game didnt have the holy trinity at the start but it has it for a long time now ^^since raids came in to picture.

Anet won't force one meta to groups so the groups would be truely random. There would need to be player specified requirements for this kind of system to work. Class, build and AR should all be accounted for but slight variation is hard to account for. Does mesmer use focus or sword offhand for example are both meta but for a system like this difficult to identify.

@MarkoNS.3261 said:Well if you look at any good fractal player group what you usually have is 1 mesmer (buffer) 1 Druid (healer) 2 dps 1 cps alright you dont need tank per say in fractals but still you have chrono tank in raids. the system could look at your gear very easy and decide what roles you are condi dps tank whatever is fairly simple. for handkitter alright i dont have a solution but maybe when looking for people it could say team has9/10 players needs a kitter in message or something.Also this game didnt have the holy trinity at the start but it has it for a long time now ^^since raids came in to picture.

It can work in Fractals but never in Raids. Also keep in mind that the requirements in a Raid change based on the encounter, for example you need someone to kite the hands at Deimos but no such build is needed for the other three bosses before Deimos. Someone needs to swap and how is an automatic system going to take care of that?

Let's take VG for example.

You need someone with consistent boon removalYou need 2 or 3 condition dps charactersYou need 1 tankYou need at least 5 characters that can attack and use their abilities from range to go to the green circles

I don't see how you call this "very easy" and "fairly simple" in fact it's the opposite of easy. Not to mention they'd need to constantly add filters for every fight and every encounter, or change the filters when the meta changes and so on. It requires a good amount of upkeep to stay current.

What is 100% effectiveness. Different skills are used for different fractals. With good team condi druid is faster than magi. Is condi necro out of the question. Which dps classes are gonna fill the 2 slots when you can choose between DH, tempest, thief, warrior, engi etc. Nobody can say with 100% what comp is best because it's based on skill and strategies used which change over time.

Hmm, I guess one way to implement such a player finder would be to allow players to define their own roles. The leader would open up the player finder and start looking for roles like "dmg", "condi dmg", "healer", "cps". Each player who is looking for a group could then assign keywords to themselves. For example "engi", "dmg", "condi".

Only if a player has all the keywords for a slot (for example condi and dmg in the second slot) is the player added to the group. Of course this does not guarantee that the player actually is what he claims to be. An elementalist with the cps tag is not a cps. But if everyone only uses the tags that apply to them, this could work.

Still, it wouldn't be much better than the lfg tool. You would still wait a long time because some roles just take so long to fill.

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:Hmm, I guess one way to implement such a player finder would be to allow players to define their own roles. The leader would open up the player finder and start looking for roles like "dmg", "condi dmg", "healer", "cps". Each player who is looking for a group could then assign keywords to themselves. For example "engi", "dmg", "condi".

Only if a player has all the keywords for a slot (for example condi and dmg in the second slot) is the player added to the group. Of course this does not guarantee that the player actually is what he claims to be. An elementalist with the cps tag is not a cps. But if everyone only uses the tags that apply to them, this could work.

Still, it wouldn't be much better than the lfg tool. You would still wait a long time because some roles just take so long to fill.

its a good idea honestly and if the system would auto change and sort the tags based on your class and gear you have on like ele power it could work with automated finder-. i mean this is a great game but why does it have a lfg system from 10 years ago ?

@MarkoNS.3261 said:Hello i am just curious why doesnt this game have a "player finder" no really i run fractal cms daily and i have to wait for pugs about 10 min every day if there was one i could just go and farm stuff while the finder does the job in short not waste my time. this could also help out raids alot if you could just que yourself as a commander with the finder looking for 9 pugs with specified li levels or ap. in short this game would be much improved if we had a system to auto find players that fit specifications you set and i am wondering why there isnt one ?

Probably the same reason why we aren't allowed to set specific variables and requirements for the LFG tool already in the game. Well, apart from the actual message you write down, the one many people seem to ignore.They want us to communicate with eachother and make it a social experience rather than allowing you to play with four or even nine nameless people like in other games. This obviously doesn't always work but it makes grouping less antisocial.The other reason is to protect the newer or more casual players from supposed elitism. Basically, to force us to double check people manually. Making it a busywork in a game where that isn't really possible to begin with outside of illegal 3rd party tools. This leads to you allowing those players to come along, whether it may be knowingly or unkowningly, which would happen far less often if we were allowed to set restrictions in place.

We have additional options and customizations added to the current LFG tool if it was up to me. I'd certainly add a few options to restrict people from joining such as a level requirement. Those being honest with you could still whisper you to tell you what they are lacking. Asking nicely goes a long way.That said, I am actually not really interested in a true and fully automated LFR tool with set roles over the current tool. It is a big disappointment to me how dungeon finders seem to be all about allowing you to preset everything so you never have to talk to anyone anymore.

well i> @Henry.5713 said:

@MarkoNS.3261 said:Hello i am just curious why doesnt this game have a "player finder" no really i run fractal cms daily and i have to wait for pugs about 10 min every day if there was one i could just go and farm stuff while the finder does the job in short not waste my time. this could also help out raids alot if you could just que yourself as a commander with the finder looking for 9 pugs with specified li levels or ap. in short this game would be much improved if we had a system to auto find players that fit specifications you set and i am wondering why there isnt one ?

Probably the same reason why we aren't allowed to set specific variables and requirements for the LFG tool already in the game. Well, apart from the actual message you write down, the one many people seem to ignore.They want us to communicate with eachother and make it a social experience rather than allowing you to play with four or even nine nameless people like in other games. This obviously doesn't always work but it makes grouping less antisocial.The other reason is to protect the newer or more casual players from supposed elitism. Basically, to force us to double check people manually. Making it a busywork in a game where that isn't really possible to begin with outside of illegal 3rd party tools. This leads to you allowing those players to come along, whether it may be knowingly or unkowningly, which would happen far less often if we were allowed to set restrictions in place.

We have additional options and customizations added to the current LFG tool if it was up to me. I'd certainly add a few options to restrict people from joining such as a level requirement. Those being honest with you could still whisper you to tell you what they are lacking. Asking nicely goes a long way.That said, I am actually not really interested in a true and fully automated LFR tool with set roles over the current tool. It is a big disappointment to me how dungeon finders seem to be all about allowing you to preset everything so you never have to talk to anyone anymore.

well i agree with you on the adding functionality to current lfg tool that could be a nice middle ground a manual lfg tool with pre set restrictions, however what i dont agree with is old players being at a disadvantage because of new players after all we have been with this game for a long time and deserve some recognition. As for communication with players i usually just log in to do dailies and fractals as for raids i have a raid team other then that i dont notice people talking with each other much, almost every raid guild only talks to a minimum amount there isnt any social guild in the game as far as i see only people trying to do stuff as fast as possible and with minimum communication-

It's just for people who want a quick queue rather than waiting for their dream party for 20 mins for 10 mins content so of course, this would be an ideal solution. At some point having a party nearly instantly becomes more convenient and faster than waiting for that hypothetical saviour in lfg for so long.

Because automated systems aren't good tools for appropriately making groups.

If all you do is use automation, you're removing the human component and thus any real reason to stay with said groups if something should go wrong because, well i can just use said tool again and get in whenever i want.

You can say, oh they can just do so that behavior doesn't occur. Guess, what happens when you start implementing restrictions on automated queues ? Quality goes down, time to queue goes up and we end up right back here.

The single greatest thing any one person can do to fix this is legitimately seek out guilds. If you want to do a specific activity with a specific sort of person why not go to the tool explicitly designed to foster said behavior already.

Archived