Is Fractals changed? Extremely difficult today.

Demon.6743

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe you had someone spamming Protection or Aegis before? Or there could be a Defender lurking nearby; those guys are just Mordrem Snipers with a coat of paint.

Twilight was actually made easier in the last patch, with even better SAK, cleaner ground visuals, and a free mass res after every Priestess. That and people are starting to get comfortable with the fractal. I still put it last on any dailies PUG I'm in, but any given PUG that is fine on other fractals should do fine in Twilight.

It's not fractals, it's this particular map. I do T4 dailies but this map I will do it as T2 - and even then you'll be surprised how hard it can be for pugs. The map is very unforgiving, people will leave after 1-2 wipes then you get new people who may not know it well etc. The mechanics are not difficult but there just can't be any mistakes because the last fight is quite tough to get off a rez outside of the transition phase.

So it's up to you to weigh up the times vs reward for this fractal. If a t3-t4 oasis on a pug needs 45min-1hr+ to complete then it's not worth it. Maybe in a month or so it will be better for pugging, but atm it's a coin flip like with T4 cliffside etc on the pug group you get.

87 lvl is no diffrens and it worse Fractal Vintcator and hamstrung or what ever is is buff just is nightmere if one person go down all group wipe becous of vinticator just smaks with charge in ur face or 100blade in ur face when u dodge,specal action key and blocks and u soo low becous everyone need to rune from lighting effect or get town by stones in face if the where close when chan effctes comes down on them but ifen better new people who come back after long time + new player makes long time player come back afther soo long time nightmere and i mean pure nightmere i have quite doing fotms for month now and i just join agen after month and i dont one to this anymore thx to this new mistlocks

I would love to see numbers about participtation in daily fractals. I'm pretty sure many pug players who do them every day skipped fractals yesterday. I checked the LFG from time to time to see how it looks when Oasis is daily. There were less groups for the time I usually do them, some that excluded Oasis from their listing, some "Oasis at end boss" where the group obviously wiped often enough that people left. Several groups that listed single fractals instead of "T4 dailies". I did them with my guild mates + 2 pugs and we were lucky and got an excellent healer. We had no wipes and only two vindicators at Amala. With my other account, I skipped the dailies yesterday, because I'm not going through that fractal with random people. It's just not worth my time. The auto-res after the phases was a great improvement, but people are still not comfortable with the boss. The only other fractal where people regularly leave after wiping at the end boss is 100cm.

Whenever I see Twilight Oasis (or Volcanic) pop up as T4 Dailies, I will always swap off from my Chrono and DPS characters for my Auramancer. Keeping up 100% Protection, Vigor, and Regeneration, plus Frost Armor and Magnetic Aura (for Lyssa phase), as well as some Stability has allowed me to keep the party topped up most of the fight. I always pop Rebound for the lightning strike attack during Dwayna phase, and for the final Balthazar Priest.

@MarkoNS.3261 said:what is the point of introducing a harder fractal if you guys are just going to nerf it again and again ? at this rate why not give the strugling players an auto play option so they dont have to press buttons because its hard.

This doesn't make it easier, just faster to fail and faster to practice. If you got through the first two phases chances are you won't fail there again, at least in every group ive played with that was struggling. This has zero effect on skilled groups because they aren't wiping anyways.

@Benjamin Arnold.3457 said:Got another change coming to help groups that are struggling with the Twilight Oasis boss. We plan to add a checkpoint at the start of Dwayna, so if you are wiping over and over you don't have to keep slogging through the first two phases, which are easy compared to the rest.

I dunno. I think Lyssa is the hardest phase. Stupid portals.

@Benjamin Arnold.3457 said:

@MarkoNS.3261 said:what is the point of introducing a harder fractal if you guys are just going to nerf it again and again ? at this rate why not give the strugling players an auto play option so they dont have to press buttons because its hard.

This doesn't make it easier, just faster to fail and faster to practice. If you got through the first two phases chances are you won't fail there again, at least in every group ive played with that was struggling. This has zero effect on skilled groups because they aren't wiping anyways.

well ... this map is actually cool. i have joined 1 group out of say 10 groups that really struggle to finish this map - mainly they are struggling in the last boss last phase. the vindicators spawns makes it even harder.. res them up.. they are down again another vindicator spawn u can have essentially a 10 men vindicator raid team. lol :lol:honestly.. no magic if people don't dodge or use special skills esp at the last phase /sigh

@Benjamin Arnold.3457 said:Got another change coming to help groups that are struggling with the Twilight Oasis boss. We plan to add a checkpoint at the start of Dwayna, so if you are wiping over and over you don't have to keep slogging through the first two phases, which are easy compared to the rest.

NOW? Now i never fail that... On the first day, yeah, it was always after Dwayna that we wiped. Now we cool.Great idea though!Might create a new behaviour of people GGing at dwayna to refresh cds and mistlock singularity. But it's a good change.Can we have that on SO as well, like a checkpoint after we kill the Charr Mercenary guy? I mean most of the times, when we wipe its at the disappearing floor panels phase.

@Benjamin Arnold.3457 said:

@"MarkoNS.3261" said:what is the point of introducing a harder fractal if you guys are just going to nerf it again and again ? at this rate why not give the strugling players an auto play option so they dont have to press buttons because its hard.

Though I haven't played fractals in a while, this sounds reasonable. Often in the MMORPG world people associate TIME with Difficulty. This is somewhat a misconception. What matters is the real time difficulty and if you reduce the amount of time needed to attempt harder content, then you've made the whole learning process more efficient, not less difficult.

I think people want things gated by how much time you invest into something. But this kind of "difficulty" isn't something to boast about. People have things they must do in real life and can't dedicate themselves like other players can. In this way the "difficulty" some people glorify is a difficulty caused by real life and time constraints. IMO it is nothing to boast about.

The challenge for developers is to design the level in such a way that the difficulty is maintained through multiple attempts so that the content doesn't become completely trivial after you've learned all the intricacies.

Isnt the point of dying to a boss fight that you have ti repeat said boss fight?

@zealex.9410 said:

Isnt the point of dying to a boss fight that you have ti repeat said boss fight?

You'll have to repeat dwayna onward, which is the hard part.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

So its like telling me if you wipe on arkk at 30% u get to start at 30% since its the hardest part. Ok i guess im the only one who feels like this is a joke.

@zealex.9410 said:

So its like telling me if you wipe on arkk at 30% u get to start at 30% since its the hardest part. Ok i guess im the only one who feels like this is a joke.

Yes, but if you wipe at 5% you start over at 30%, not at 5%.Btw i did ask for that, read upwards.Why not? I mean you already did the previous phases, you know you can do it, having to do it again is just time wasted.And honestly, if you don't usually wipe in any of those (i don't, most of the time) it's no different from anything. It doesn't diminish your skill, nor does it detract from your experience. So why would you be angry at it?

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

Yes, but if you wipe at 5% you start over at 30%, not at 5%.Btw i did ask for that, read upwards.Why not? I mean you already did the previous phases, you know you can do it, having to do it again is just time wasted.And honestly, if you don't usually wipe in any of those (i don't, most of the time) it's no different from anything. It doesn't diminish your skill, nor does it detract from your experience. So why would you be angry at it?

ITS A BOSS FIGHT. The point of it is to beat its entirety in one go not take short breaks for some tea and cookies and come back from where uleft off.

But if its like that sure. Hey raid devs make it so ppl can skip to the 50% of dhuum normal or even cm. If they wiped after the 50% mark they clearly deserve to start from that point onwards. OH also do that for the last phase of Mattias as well.

@zealex.9410 said:

ITS A BOSS FIGHT. The point of it is to beat its entirety in one go not take short breaks for some tea and cookies and come back from where uleft off.

But if its like that sure. Hey raid devs make it so ppl can skip to the 50% of dhuum normal or even cm. If they wiped after the 50% mark they clearly deserve to start from that point onwards. OH also do that for the last phase of Mattias as well.

EDIT: Oh and also for mama at 30% since the last 30 is the hardest part.

@zealex.9410 said:

Wow mate, just wow.Your worth isn't measured by beating bosses... And well, if you're so miffed about it, just leave the fractal if you wipe, you can always do it all over.Or maybe Ben will be kind to masochists and add a mote with an option to reset the whole boss, so you can do it your way. Bet you wouldn't, would ya?

Archived