How do you beat a scourge as a sb?

Coolguy.8702

Specifically which skills to dodge,it feels like they have so many corrupts without any cast time or indicator, so many times I see them pop a shade on me and the next thing I know i see at least 5 different kinds on me and my resistance gone. Before anyone suggests, I've tried to avoid their shades many times, but it's tough as shit to do since manifest sand shade has 900 range with a 360 radius and is spammable

Sb has resustain, scourge doesn't. Just use all ur shit and try and get max adrenal health then gtfo node and los with margain so they cant chase. Wait for cd/resustain while they cant. Ur gonna die in 1 go, but u can reset while they cant. Just dont get out of combat.

@Obindo.6802 said:Sb has resustain, scourge doesn't. Just use all ur kitten and try and get max adrenal health then gtfo node and los with margain so they cant chase. Wait for cd/resustain while they cant. Ur gonna die in 1 go, but u can reset while they cant. Just dont get out of combat.

LOL - so easy to say.

Getting max Adrenal Health on SB isn't easy considering your nerfed burst capabilities.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@Obindo.6802 said:Sb has resustain, scourge doesn't. Just use all ur kitten and try and get max adrenal health then gtfo node and los with margain so they cant chase. Wait for cd/resustain while they cant. Ur gonna die in 1 go, but u can reset while they cant. Just dont get out of combat.

LOL - so easy to say.

Getting max Adrenal Health on SB isn't easy considering your nerfed burst capabilities.

?

@Obindo.6802 said:

LOL - so easy to say.

?

SB burst skill count as lv1, you need full adrenaline, burst>FC>burst in order to reach max adrenal health, by the time a SB gain enough adrenaline to make the above combo, he is melting by tons of conditions already.

@Crossaber.8934 said:

LOL - so easy to say.

?

SB burst skill count as lv1, you need full adrenaline, burst>FC>burst in order to reach max adrenal health, by the time a SB gain enough adrenaline to make the above combo, he is melting by tons of conditions already.

1) U don't have to get 3, just focus on getting as many as possible2) Usually u get 3 before u have to get out, and not melt by condis. If u stay past gtfo time to get 1 more adrenal stack thats ur own fault.Sb obv looses the matchup but that's ur best chance.

@Obindo.6802 said:

LOL - so easy to say.

?

1) U don't have to get 3, just focus on getting as many as possible2) Usually u get 3 before u have to get out, and not melt by condis. If u stay past gtfo time to get 1 more adrenal stack thats ur own fault.Sb obv looses the matchup but that's ur best chance.

Actually i agree with what you’ve said now, now you don’t sound as easy to do as your last reply said.

I tend to delay my resistance until I need it, backing off when they drop the skill that leaves lots of red circles behind them and the shades with the larger circles that track with them.

I keep my boons to a minimum so they have less to corrupt (e.g. don't use the Signet of Rage active), use cc when they don't have that little circle skill up (mentioned above), and then be very aggressive. GS3 is also awesome.

By doing the above, I'm able to handle most scourges that I come across, though really good players who also run viper gear can eat my lunch most times. But even then, in a group fight, I can use mobility to lose their pressure and then come at them for another push when it suits me.

I never thought I would say this as a warrior, but the best way to fight a scourge is to kite them. You hear me right, kite them; run around them as a warrior and then when they have used all their skills, come back at them and kill them. This little trick always works for me! Unbelievable what warrior has become.

Resistance is a huge liability, it just gets corrupted and turned against you, its basically worthless against them. The counter to condition damage is now countered like hell right back, lame.

I am pretty much done with resistance vs Scrouges, its so situational that its just not reliable anymore, Condition clears are way stronger, they cannot be corrupted, they are actually reliable, and you can fight around them.

The problem for Spellbreaker is the lack of 3 bar bursts makes Cleansing Ire so much weaker at only one bar, and with Condition Clears you have to stack lots of them or it does not work. Core Warrior is much stronger for clears (and AH regen) and as a result I feel a much better match up.

Revenge Counter also sucks because the resistance you get from a successful full counter just gets corrupted, I was really looking forward to this trait when Spellbreaker first came out but the reality is that the trait actually hurts you in that match-up. Finally, the condition transfer which I felt was the main selling point to the trait was also nerfed thanks to the crybaby condi patrol. FML.

So on my SB I take Signet of Stamina, and Natural Healing, along with some other clears like Brawlers Recovery, and Cleansing Ire. But since I lack enough clears like a Core Warrior would have I have to limit my engagement time to really one burst.

These 900-1200 range shades with zero cast time and no animation are also a really big problem as well. I dont know how you really counter that when counter-play requires both sides to have information about whats going on and time to react. That is clearly not happening with Scrouge. Plus they have access to a Teleport so any ranged pressure you try to apply just gets canceled out before your first rotation is even half done.

It all adds up to one of the worst feeling match-ups in the game.

Before the condition patch, scourge was much easier to deal with by my gs/sword dagger style. The barrier rework increased scourge sustain by a large margin.

When barrier was decay fast pre patch, it is easier to hold on my burst and seek a defense hole between barriers and burst him down quick. Now the hole is there but the gap is much much smaller.

Like choppy said, got to wait and delay resistance use until my burst chance is ready, and usually its my only shot, if i hit i win, if not i am dead.

it honestly isn't that difficult.

if you are a core warrior soften them up with axe throws and greatsword throws. Use Greatsword #3 as well too since it is an evade. Go into melee only when you can CC them with shield bash/bulls charge and lay all your damage then get out of melee range. Also when they don't have their sand shades up you can go into melee but the minute they start corrupting your boons get out of melee range. Rinse and repeat.

If you are a spellbreaker do essentially the same thing, except you can get into melee range to use your counter against their sand shades and CC them with your dagger to land your burst.

so in short just kite them and look for your opportunity to burst. Warrior's greatest asset in this situation is their mobility and CC.

@"killahmayne.9518" said:it honestly isn't that difficult.

if you are a core warrior soften them up with axe throws and greatsword throws. Use Greatsword #3 as well too since it is an evade. Go into melee only when you can CC them with shield bash/bulls charge and lay all your damage then get out of melee range. Also when they don't have their sand shades up you can go into melee but the minute they start corrupting your boons get out of melee range. Rinse and repeat.

If you are a spellbreaker do essentially the same thing, except you can get into melee range to use your counter against their sand shades and CC them with your dagger to land your burst.

so in short just kite them and look for your opportunity to burst. Warrior's greatest asset in this situation is their mobility and CC.

And that is the reason why warrior sucks "donkey"! A melee class has to run around and kite in order to survive hahahahaha anet is so pathetic. The only way to win against a necro is to run around in circles and throw axes and blade hahahahaha. I duel this necro once, I owned him many times because he was using a zerging build, then he changed his build to complete boon corruption and all of a sudden my warrior was completely useless and I was melting in less than 10 seconds by all the condition BS.

Needless to say that kitting the necro did not help at all because it was a duel and I could not reset the fight.

Kiting is a must.

Use signet of rage later in a fight (if at all), use it at the start you are only going to get condi bombed early.

Use shield stance when they spam most their skills.

Whirlwind through them after a kite to deal some safe damage.

Use berserkers stance sparingly, never early but when you have some x amount of condis that are actually hurting you. (the reduction in cd of this is amazing imo)

Dont chase them when they are using their stability skill (small aoe blobs behind them) it removes your boons, i see many warriors chasing in this case with zerkers stance up and it just allows them to deal normal damage as if zerkers stance isnt up.

Kite

Shield bash after they have used their stab with a burst. Try to keep andrenal health up shouldnt be too hard as they rarely dodge burst.

I bring Signet of stamina for Emergency condi cleanse + extra dodges (so you dont get hit my all those condi in the first place.)

Did i say Kite?

Full counter amongst all of this, even when kiting. Most scourges will still attack you from range whilst kiting so the procs are great for a short resistance boost (which could be the difference in a fight as even mitigating 1 tick of a lot of condis can be hurt a lot) +protection.. allows for a little more time for other anti condi cd's.

But the above is for PvP.

WvW is a completely other case, there is little in 1v1'ing a Scourge there what with food buffs and Trailblazer Stats (which should never have been implemented into the game). It takes a very bad scourge to lose 1v1 to war with that combination there.

@Obindo.6802 said:

@sneakytails.5629 said:How are you really kiting 1200-900 range shades with instant cast, crazy radius, and zero tell?

Lets throw in the teleport in there as well.

If you are a dual melee Warrior kiting is essentially damage reduction for the Scourge.

?

Beautiful little thing called LOS

So run from scourge when ever you meet one in open area, well noted.

@Crossaber.8934 said:

@"sneakytails.5629" said:How are you really kiting 1200-900 range shades with instant cast, crazy radius, and zero tell?

If you are a dual melee Warrior kiting is essentially damage reduction for the Scourge.

?

It's still doable on "open field" (khylo and temple, which still has kiting, even tho it has awful kiting spots). Can just copy their movement so u stay between their max range while not getting out of combat. They get closer u go away. They go away u follow.

There are > @Obindo.6802 said:

@"sneakytails.5629" said:How are you really kiting 1200-900 range shades with instant cast, crazy radius, and zero tell?

?

It's still doable on "open field" (khylo and temple, which still has kiting, even tho it has awful kiting spots)

PvP is better since there are no tanky condi amulet, and less open fielded like wvw. Try that in WvW...

@Crossaber.8934 said:There are > @Obindo.6802 said:

?

It's still doable on "open field" (khylo and temple, which still has kiting, even tho it has awful kiting spots)

PvP is better since there are no tanky condi amulet, and less open fielded like wvw. Try that in WvW...

I think it would be stupid to assume and take into consideration wvw for this

@Obindo.6802 said:

?

And why is that exactly? WvW is still PvP combat.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

?

And why is that exactly? WvW is still PvP combat.

Because its an uncompetetive platform with too many variables making it "unofficial". It's a playground where ppl constantly enter and leave existing unofficial fights. Varying numbers with no win or lose (apart from ppt). As well as buffs, gear, and no standardized build(s). Idk about you but I would never consider wvw when determining matchups and how to play them, never even thought of the idea of wvw until it was mentioned as I find it rather irrelevant. The closest thing to "official competition"/match would be a gvg, which doesn't have any 1v1 matchups.

Archived