Is there any chance to get a toon back if I deleted it?

bart.3687

Sooo it may sound stupid af, and I have literally no idea how it could happen, but I just deleted my main :warning: . I wanted to delete some low level character as I was talking on my phone and I guess I was so absorbed that I chose my main, wrote its name in the "delete" window, and it's GONE. Yes, I'm retarded it seems. So is there any way to get it back? Can I send a ticket or something? If not, then I'm probably over with this game as I had everything on that character. Thanks for any answer.

I don't know if ArenaNet support can technically / or are willing to help you, but your best option is to ask them. Submit a support ticket and explain why you deleted it, why you appearantly even typed the name of your main char and confirmed deletion and why the character was valuable to you. (Hours played, achievements etc)

Here is an article about account restoration after a hack. While your situation differs, it especially mentions that support can assist you once per account so be sure to think if it is worth taking this once chance.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230555167-Restoring-Your-Account-After-a-Compromise

Submit ticket:https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Be sure to be more careful next time. Character deletion is murder. ;)

Character deletion with a twist

Thanks all for your answers! :heart: :heart: :heart: I submitted a ticket. Ima wait now.I feel like a piece of shit.

@"TheQuickFox.3826" said:I don't know if ArenaNet support can technically / or are willing to help you, but your best option is to ask them. Submit a support ticket and explain why you deleted it, why you appearantly even typed the name of your main char and confirmed deletion and why the character was valuable to you. (Hours played, achievements etc)

Here is an article about account restoration after a hack. While your situation differs, it especially mentions that support can assist you once per account so be sure to think if it is worth taking this once chance.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230555167-Restoring-Your-Account-After-a-Compromise

Submit ticket:https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Be sure to be more careful next time. Character deletion is murder. ;)

Character deletion with a twist

Hah, thanks for the video, made me feel a little bit better. :tongue:

@Klipso.8653 said:I am curious as to how you accidentally typed your main characters entire name

i accidentally did this with my GW1 main back in the day,how does it happen?

well i used to leave 1 slot for a pvp character(back then it was really easy to make a new char for pvp, you instantly had access to all pvp modes and you could save/load builds and armour setups, i could literally go from playing hammer warrior, delete the character and create a smite monk complete with build and gear and be queued up for a pvp match all within 30 seconds.)

i'd play for ages, playing tons of different pvp characters, when i'd get bored of that class i'd just delete it and be playing as another class within 30 secs.it became second nature, click delete, enter character name, hit enter, make new character, pvp!

one night i was playing on my healing dervish pve main in pvp until i got bored, decided to play another pvp chardid the usual, clicked delete, entered name, hit enter... WAIT! NOOOOO!!!

thats how i ended up doing it anyway :expressionless:

also Anet were less than useless and told me it was impossible to get the character back,tons of time and investment, perfect Bonecage Scythe :astonished:

@"bart.3687" said:Sooo it may sound stupid af, and I have literally no idea how it could happen, but I just deleted my main :warning: . I wanted to delete some low level character as I was talking on my phone and I guess I was so absorbed that I chose my main, wrote its name in the "delete" window, and it's GONE. Yes, I'm kitten it seems. So is there any way to get it back? Can I send a ticket or something? If not, then I'm probably over with this game as I had everything on that character. Thanks for any answer.

yeah theres is a way, they can revert your account to state where you still have your character, but be warned, they only do this once per account...i done it once when i got hacked, lost all my stuff and the hacker made sure to destroy everything that was account bound.Its been a while since i deleted a character, but you dont have to wait 24h or something to get the character fully deleted?

@Felipe.1807 said:

@"bart.3687" said:Sooo it may sound stupid af, and I have literally no idea how it could happen, but I just deleted my main :warning: . I wanted to delete some low level character as I was talking on my phone and I guess I was so absorbed that I chose my main, wrote its name in the "delete" window, and it's GONE. Yes, I'm kitten it seems. So is there any way to get it back? Can I send a ticket or something? If not, then I'm probably over with this game as I had
everything
on that character. Thanks for any answer.

yeah theres is a way, they can revert your account to state where you still have your character, but be warned, they only do this once per account...i done it once when i got hacked, lost all my stuff and the hacker made sure to destroy everything that was account bound.Its been a while since i deleted a character, but you dont have to wait 24h or something to get the character fully deleted?

You are referring to an Account Restoration, which is different than the tool used, now, to restore a deleted character. There's been no policy stated on the amount of times one will be allowed to use this character restoration service; I would imagine it's not infinite, but could be more than once or twice over the lifetime of an account.

I think the 24 hour wait is just to free up character names. For 24 hour after you delete a character only you can use the name - which is to allow people to take their time in the character creator without worrying that their name will be taken.

Also this topic is exactly why I'm so paranoid when I delete characters. I do it a lot and they're usually ones I knew would be temporary so I was careful not to give them anything I wanted to keep and to sort through all their equipment before logging out, but I still want to double-check everything. Including making absolutely sure I'm deleting the right one. I don't know how I could get them mixed up as mine all have very different names but I just don't want to take that risk.

Nice to see a happy ending in this case. I get very attached to my characters, mainly because they are in essence a part of me. My personality animates them, my dialogue enlivens them. They are a digital extension of my physical, emotional and intellectual being and I like to think that on some spiritual plane perhaps that they are a manifestation of my higher self - even when I am using them to lampoon reality and the socio-political aspects of my native culture and world culture in general in regards to war, violence and the dark side of human nature. Congratulations on getting your character back - when we lose one we worked hard to breathe life into, we die a little inside I feel.

Archived