Purchasing a pack when you already own the glider from it?

Sila.6748

I've been wanting the Bandit sniper appearance pack for quite a while, and it just returned to the gem store this week.However, I already own the Soul River glider, which is part of the pack. I bought it when it came out separately because I wanted a nice looking glider skin. >.>Am I SOL with regards to that? Or could I possibly put in some sort of ticket or something to get the price difference refunded or something of that nature? Anyone have a clue?

Any of the Gem Store bundles are supposed to be automatically discounted if you already own something like a glider skin or outfit contained in the bundle. That being said, I do not know if the Bandit Sniper appearance pack follows these rules. Normally, the pack costs 2,000 gems while the Soul River glider costs 500. So, in your case, if the discount is being applied you should see the Bandit Sniper appearance pack for 1,500 gems.

However, I imagine if the discount isn't being applied that if you purchased the pack and sent a ticket to support they may be willing to refund you the difference in price (500 gems).

@xihorus.2804 said:Any of the Gem Store bundles are supposed to be automatically discounted if you already own something like a glider skin or outfit contained in the bundle. That being said, I do not know if the Bandit Sniper appearance pack follows these rules. Normally, the pack costs 2,000 gems while the Soul River glider costs 500. So, in your case, if the discount is being applied you should see the Bandit Sniper appearance pack for 1,500 gems.

However, I imagine if the discount isn't being applied that if you purchased the pack and sent a ticket to support they may be willing to refund you the difference in price (500 gems).

I thought it was only the Living Story packs that were discounted if you owned part of it. I don't remember ever seeing this with an item bundle and people complain about them for exactly this reason every time a new one is added or one returns.

@xihorus.2804 said:Any of the Gem Store bundles are supposed to be automatically discounted if you already own something like a glider skin or outfit contained in the bundle. That being said, I do not know if the Bandit Sniper appearance pack follows these rules. Normally, the pack costs 2,000 gems while the Soul River glider costs 500. So, in your case, if the discount is being applied you should see the Bandit Sniper appearance pack for 1,500 gems.

I'm fairly certain that isn't the case with the bundled sets of cosmetic items. The discount thing only applies to the Living Story packs on the gem store. And I don't think support will refund you the gems if you already owned one of the pieces.

@artemis.6781 said:There was a home node pack out a while back, and it was discounted for me I already owned one of the nodes. So it might be an oversight on the cosmetic bundles?

That could be the case. I've never bought any of the nodes or the node pack, so I wasn't sure about that one. But I do own pieces of various cosmetic bundles, and the price didn't ever seem to change from the standard price on those.

I'll admit that I've never personally been in the situation that the OP described, but from talking with others the discounting problem seems to happen when you purchase an item that was originally only available as part of a bundle and later released in the gem store as a standalone purchase.

So, for example, a node pack is a bundle of gem store items that were previously released individually, so the price of the bundle is discounted if you own any of the individual items. In the OP's case, the Soul River glider was originally only available as part of the Bandit Sniper Appearance pack (if memory serves correctly), and later added as a standalone item. The original bundle had no auto discounting feature since at the time of its release, as it was not possible to have purchased any of the skins individually.

It was def a thing where bundles discounted based on what you already owned from a set (I think it started maybe a year or two ago). However, I noticed that seems to have gone from the packs I have seen on the gemstore recently. I'm not sure it is a deliberate change or not, but it was a welcomed feature for a while so I hope it stays.

Archived