WTB EBG placeholder contract

Optimator.3589

4000 gems for one time use only of course, for the duration of your time on EB in your current session. Get used up once you log out and log back on (whether crash or normal). Does not function on borders.

Please Anet create this and call it "The Optimator Placeholder WvW Contract". You can also sell it in bundles of 25 for 80,000 gems (20,000 gems discount, amazing deal!).

@"Dawdler.8521" said:4000 gems for one time use only of course, for the duration of your time on EB in your current session. Get used up once you log out and log back on (whether crash or normal). Does not function on borders.

Please Anet create this and call it "The Optimator Placeholder WvW Contract". You can also sell it in bundles of 25 for 80,000 gems (20,000 gems discount, amazing deal!).

L:lol: :lol: :lol: L

No joke... I now have a slight headache from laughing so hard!! :lol:My favorite part - "Get used up once you log out and log back on (whether crash or normal)" :lol:

Okay guys, slightly tongue in cheek post poking fun at these crashes and ANet's love for monetizing things. I get them every couple of days, and have seen complaints from other players in WvW also getting the same crash at the same time. Screen goes black, can still hear in-game music/ambient sounds, cursor still moves, can hit F12 to bring up the logout menu, but nothing actually works. Have to Alt+F4 out and deal with a queue all over again.

But no lie, I would actually consider spending money on such a thing if it existed.

@Optimator.3589 said:Okay guys, slightly tongue in cheek post poking fun at these crashes and ANet's love for monetizing things. I get them every couple of days, and have seen complaints from other players in WvW also getting the same crash at the same time. Screen goes black, can still hear in-game music/ambient sounds, cursor still moves, can hit F12 to bring up the logout menu, but nothing actually works. Have to Alt+F4 out and deal with a queue all over again.

But no lie, I would actually consider spending money on such a thing if it existed.

What kind of CPU/GPU do you have? When was the last time you opened up your tower and cleaned out the dust, it could be caused by overheating of your CPU.

I have an I7 5930K with a R9 290X. Both are routinely dusted out, and no gnarly OCs on this rig. Drivers are fairly up to date. I'm planning on upgrading my GPU to a GTX 1080 in the near future. I'd been holding out for prices to drop below $500 as I expected them to do after the 1080 Ti launched, but it's like a diamond cartel holding prices artificially high.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:I have a lesser system, and that hasn't happened to me.. Via EBG or any border.

Not saying others aren't having the issue, or that the gerbils aren't responsible...

Sometimes its not even hardware, but conflicts with programs and feature compatibilities. I was having an issue with game freezes recently and solved it because I found an incompatible setting with my in game options and GPU control panel.

I've tweaked numerous settings and haven't found a consistent fix. I'll go a few days and think I've got it, then boom, here comes the crash. Registry is pretty clean. Been less than a year on my current Windows install, and I put a fairly minimal amount of stuff on this system, since it's my primary gaming rig. I have a separate computer for skype and all that bloated crap that bogs systems down with time. Here's hoping that a switch to Nvidia will solve the issue.

Leaving me with only the problem that EBG is ALWAYS queued on Mag with the BLs being ghost towns. But that's a topic for another discussion. :trollface:

Hmm, without actually going through more specific details I can only say that my issue was caused by an incompatibility with Refresh rate and Vertical Sync. Vertical Sync was turned off in game, but in my Radeon control panel, for GW2 the 'Wait for Vertical Refresh' option was set to enhanced sync. This was causing constant freezes for me. If you are confident that your hardware is not at fault, I can only suggest further investigating your ingame and GPU control panel options. Good luck.

@Optimator.3589 said:Okay guys, slightly tongue in cheek post poking fun at these crashes and ANet's love for monetizing things. I get them every couple of days, and have seen complaints from other players in WvW also getting the same crash at the same time. Screen goes black, can still hear in-game music/ambient sounds, cursor still moves, can hit F12 to bring up the logout menu, but nothing actually works. Have to Alt+F4 out and deal with a queue all over again.

Having the black screen problems too when I tab in out from browsers. Usually 'fix' itself by repeating the same action. Im suspecting its something to do with Radeons GC and Gw2 (was okay till few patches back).

@Optimator.3589 said:I have an I7 5930K with a R9 290X. Both are routinely dusted out, and no gnarly OCs on this rig. Drivers are fairly up to date. I'm planning on upgrading my GPU to a GTX 1080 in the near future. I'd been holding out for prices to drop below $500 as I expected them to do after the 1080 Ti launched, but it's like a diamond cartel holding prices artificially high.

Wrong time for a GPU upgrade no thx to miners. Building a PC is more expensive than buying a pre build PC I think? (PC manufacturers still getting them at retail price imo)

@Eramonster.2718 said:

Having the black screen problems too when I tab in out from browsers. Usually 'fix' itself by repeating the same action. Im suspecting its something to do with Radeons GC and Gw2 (was okay till few patches back).

@Optimator.3589 said:I have an I7 5930K with a R9 290X. Both are routinely dusted out, and no gnarly OCs on this rig. Drivers are fairly up to date. I'm planning on upgrading my GPU to a GTX 1080 in the near future. I'd been holding out for prices to drop below $500 as I expected them to do after the 1080 Ti launched, but it's like a diamond cartel holding prices artificially high.

Wrong time for a GPU upgrade no thx to miners. Building a PC is more expensive than buying a pre build PC I think? (PC manufacturers still getting them at retail price imo)

Miners are only in part responsible. SSDs have been becoming standard in many laptops and pre-made computers. Furthermore, all the random devices Apple/Samsung have been pooping out also have memory. The memory used in the SSDs and mobile devices have been utilizing the same/similar factories as the GPU's memory. This has contributed to price inflation as well, if not even more so than the Miners. I'd wait for Volta to launch or w.e. AMD's equivalent before buying a "brand new" gpu. Even still, I doubt that will help GW2 since it cares more for CPU. The I7 should be fine in this regard, so I'd have to go with a driver issues if anything (or not enough VRAM, although a R9 290X should have plenty).

Up to date drivers might not make it work...you may even have to rollback to an earlier version.

Don't do this. Awful idea.Blackgate & Maguuma will abuse this item so hard by pulling out their credit cards, buying up a bunch of these and then using them to allow people to bypass their three digit ebg que by popping these and then alt+f4'ing to allow those players onto the map before returning to the map themselves.Do you want 200 player zergs? Because that's how you get 200 player zergs.

Seriously OP, think before posting threads like these.

~ Kovu

This could be a good revenue stream for Anet. They can make it work like Fastpass at theme parks. Using one puts you in queue ahead of all non-Fastpass users. Anet can then come out with tiers of Fastpass in which a higher (more expensive) tier gets to skip ahead of those in lower tiers. All passes would be one-time-use only. Maguuma would finance Guild Wars 3.

Archived