Builds that can solo stuff like Bandit Bounties.

I wouldn't assume any build can solo the core Tyria bandit bounty bosses. A lot of people find them among the tougher fights in the game. On the whole, I'd say soloing is more about player skill than build. Of course, your build needs: DPS, CC, mobility, and some sort of "get out of jail" ability (blinks, condi removals, big heal; depends how you play what you need).

I'd consider any of the following: slightly modified raid meta DPS, fractal DPS, WvW roaming. All of those require some skill to use well against a high health/high damage foe. Or look up videos of people soloing various fractal CM bosses.

Reaper MM has a bunch of handy features: condis, CC, and a lot of durability. You'll still need to be really good at damage avoidance and controlling the enemy's aggro. (Plus some of the bandits bring allies.)

As @Quarktastic.1027 says: bandits wreck a lot of people who can otherwise manage hero challenges in HoT.

Build is fairly irrelevant. The bandits are VERY easy to solo if you spend time understanding their mechanics. Yes they will absolutely obliterate you if you try to just DPS them, but understand why you die and they become utterly trivial.

They typically have ~3 attacks, with 1 or 2 of them being lethal. You might need a condi clear as well for when you miss dodges.

Edit: And since you mentioned other champs than bounties, you typically want a full glass build to deal with their health pool. You're not going to face tank a PoF champ, so you need to hit your dodges. Take the time to understand the attacks of whatever you're fighting and it will become downright enjoyable.

Ranger can easily solo just about everything you throw at it. Those bandits and now the bounties in PoF are a major exception. Because they're not just "normal" champions. They have a lot of mechanics and a ton of damage that make it very tough to solo.I think i soloed one or two of those bandits for a while, but usually ended up with other people helping. I don't think i've ever finished one all solo.

Don't consider this a complete list by any means, but here are a couple of classes/builds that are pretty much polar opposites that I've had success with. I chose Ruye and Ezal because, to me, they are by far the most dangerous bandit champions. But I think I have videos of all of them on my channel.

Celestial Tempest (dagger/dagger) vs. Ruye the Crimson:

Viper Mirage (axe/torch, staff) vs. Ezal the Quick:

And bonus Viper Mirage and Deadeye duo vs. the Legendary Bandit Executioner (I have solo'd this guy on both tempest and mirage, but I don't have a video yet!):

@"ReaverKane.7598" said:Ranger can easily solo just about everything you throw at it. Those bandits and now the bounties in PoF are a major exception. Because they're not just "normal" champions. They have a lot of mechanics and a ton of damage that make it very tough to solo.I think i soloed one or two of those bandits for a while, but usually ended up with other people helping. I don't think i've ever finished one all solo.

I haven't really played ranger much yet, but I'm sure there must be ranger builds that can handle these guys. It just requires understanding their mechanics. You'll notice that they use a lot of the same attacks, but that some of them in combination are particularly dangerous and you need to know how to counter them.

Some are really easy to spot. For instance, Zirh, Lenner, and Flyrra all use the same leap attack that does massive damage. However, you can see a very obvious glow as they prepare to leap. Once you know to look for it, it's a simple matter of dodging out of the way.

Others are less obvious, such as the pull attack Varre and Ulssen use. As both of these guys like to drop condi circles, you must avoid being pulled into them at all costs! Unfortunately, this attack is a bit harder to spot coming, but there is a fool-proof counter to it: Stand at melee range! The pull only works if you're a certain distance away from them!

Then you have the nasty ones like Ruye and Ezal. Fire/confusion circles are dangerous on their own, but these guys have the added danger of spamming a withering unload attack with their pistols! Ruye even applies burning with each shot! Extremely dangerous! But notice in my videos how I've countered them by loading up on reflects! The tempest uses aftershock and overload earth frequently and then uses protection, healing, blocks, and evades to cover the gaps between cooldowns. The Mirage has 4s reflect on heal and 2s reflect on evade. This makes these bosses far easier to deal with!

It's all about knowing the mechanics and finding ways to counter them with your build. I think any class can do it, honestly.

Open world bosses are often probably scaled up so its kind of hard to predict damage I think.

Its like in WvW, where 3 people can easily down a keep lord in like 30 seconds, but glhf if there are a hundred people fighting outside the keep because he is scaled for a 100 man raid now.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:Open world bosses are often probably scaled up so its kind of hard to predict damage I think.

Its like in WvW, where 3 people can easily down a keep lord in like 30 seconds, but glhf if there are a hundred people fighting outside the keep because he is scaled for a 100 man raid now.

The damage doesn't actually scale up, in my experience, likely because there are no "healers" or "tanks" in this game. What does scale up are health bars, break bars, and sometimes the number of area effects and the number/strength of additional enemies (e.g. events that spawn normal mobs for a single player can spawn champions instead if a squad of 25 players are present). For instance, Ezal the Quick's confusion circles and the Legendary Bandit Executioner's orange "sword drop" circles in the videos shown above. The number of these attacks scales up based upon the number of players present, making these particular mechanics much more deadly with lots of players present. But they don't actually hit any harder because, if they did, at a certain point nobody would be able to survive the damage!

Archived