[GW2 Tarot Club] Funding Campaign Begins April 15 - Officially Sponsored By ArenaNet — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[GW2 Tarot Club] Funding Campaign Begins April 15 - Officially Sponsored By ArenaNet

NaviNation.2680NaviNation.2680 Member ✭✭
edited February 17, 2018 in Community Creations

Welcome to the GW2 Tarot Club -- Officially Sponsored By ArenaNet!

Current Status Update: Applications are now closed. If you have questions, feel free to email gw2collective@gmail.com (I will do my best to pop in here once in a while, but I'm very bad at circling back... I will do my best to rectify that).

What is this? The GW2 Tarot Club is the project for Summer 2018 under the GW2 Artist Collective. The cards will feature Guild Wars 2 illustrations in the full Major and Minor Arcana sets, for a complete 78 cards, with an addition of 4-5 wild cards and a custom title card. Subjects of the cards are based on the meaning of the individual cards (which we’ve based on the Tarot of Marseilles), and will have their explanations in an accompanying booklet.

The collaboration will involve around 69 artists from all over the world. We will again be selling the project for a charity of the contributor group’s choice. (History reference: We donated 2.1k to MSF with Chimes, the Wintersday Fanzine 2017, which is run under the same Creative Partner).

With the Artist Collective, I'll be inviting back illustrators from project to project, so you'll often see reoccurring faces, but we'll always leave 20+ spots open to people who are new to our collaborations. With that, we've already released our invited & reinvited list for this project. Feel free to welcome them!

Some of them can be see on this artist board:

Highlights (will update as necessary):
* We are currently projected to use Indiegogo for this project (due to allowing both Paypal and Stripe).
* Preorders will begin, barring any unforseen happenings, on April 15th (World Art Day).
* We have a notification list for this project! We'll email you when preorders begin, and you get first dibs at the early bird (and whatever else). We only email twice: once at the opening, and once the day before the closing with any updates. Click here to be added to it.

Feel free to email any questions to gw2collective@gmail.com, or DM them on Twitter to twitter.com/GW2Collective or Tumblr at gw2collective.tumblr.com. We are always reachable and will answer any question as thoroughly as we can.

ArenaNet Creative Partner. Organizer of the Wintersday Zine (closed for 2017) and the GW2 Artist Collective.

Tagged:

Comments

• We are suuuuper excited about this project! And what a great roster you're starting out with already, NaviNation!

Artists, I hope you'll sign up to participate! The project is exciting and I have every confidence the end product will be amazing.

I can't wait to see the cards! Of course, we all know that Rangers, and Ranger Pets, will be a major component of every design, right? :D

Some designs? :)

Maybe one? ;)

Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

• @Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    We are suuuuper excited about this project! And what a great roster you're starting out with already, NaviNation!

Artists, I hope you'll sign up to participate! The project is exciting and I have every confidence the end product will be amazing.

I can't wait to see the cards! Of course, we all know that Rangers, and Ranger Pets, will be a major component of every design, right? :D

Some designs? :)

Maybe one? ;)

I'm sure someone could be convinced, haha! Thank you for your support. <3
    We've already gotten some of the art done and – though I'm a touch biased – I think it's awe-worthy. I'm very, very excited to see this come together, and glad you are too!
    (Apps close on Feb. 12th, as an aside!)

ArenaNet Creative Partner. Organizer of the Wintersday Zine (closed for 2017) and the GW2 Artist Collective.

• We've posted the card back designs on Tumblr and Twitter, created by Sara (Qesques)...

But here's a linked version of one of the two (spoilered because it's huge):

• There's just under 2 weeks left to apply! Thank you to everyone who has contact with interest or otherwise.
    We've also released a notification list if you're like me and don't check these threads all that much -- we'll send out an email with information when the funding campaign goes live (including early bird deals and more): https://goo.gl/Scv6Nm

• Applications close on Monday!

• :D This is a touch late, but here we go!

• Applications ended last night, but wanted to share the image! :)

• arenta.2953arenta.2953 Member ✭✭✭

can't wait =D

• @arenta.2953 said:
    can't wait =D

Me too! :D Exciting on all ends!

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.