[Tyrian Tarot] Officially Sponsored By ArenaNet - Donated $42,000! :D <3

NaviNation.2680

tumblr_p8vi1cVJAk1x16jhxo1_r1_1280.jpg

Welcome to the Tyrian Tarot, a project by the GW2 Artist Collective -- Officially Sponsored By ArenaNet!

Current Status Update: Official funding has closed -- the campaign ended as the highest grossing tarot campaign in Kickstarter & Indiegogo history >>https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tyrian-tarot >> You can still get the deck at the post-campaign store: https://tyrian-tarot.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

What is this? The GW2 Tarot Club is the project for Summer 2018 under the GW2 Artist Collective (producing Tyrian Tarot). The cards feature Guild Wars 2 illustrations in the full Major and Minor Arcana sets, for a complete 78 cards, with an addition of 25 wild cards and a custom title card. Subjects of the cards are based on the meaning of the individual cards (which we’ve based on the Tarot of Marseilles), and will have their explanations in an accompanying 250 - page book.

The collaboration will involve around 68 artists from all over the world. We will again be selling the project for a charity of the contributor group’s choice (we are donating to IFAW!). (History reference: We donated 2.1k to MSF with Chimes, the Wintersday Fanzine 2017, which is run under the same Creative Partner).

With the Artist Collective, I invite back illustrators from project to project, so you'll often see reoccurring faces, but we'll always leave 20+ spots open to people who are new to our collaborations. With that, we've already released our invited & reinvited list for this project. Feel free to welcome them!

Highlights (will update as necessary):

Feel free to email any questions to gw2collective@gmail.com, or DM them on Twitter to twitter.com/GW2Collective or Tumblr at gw2collective.tumblr.com. We are always reachable and will answer any question as thoroughly as we can.

• ArenaNet Staff

We are suuuuper excited about this project! And what a great roster you're starting out with already, NaviNation!

Artists, I hope you'll sign up to participate! The project is exciting and I have every confidence the end product will be amazing.

I can't wait to see the cards! Of course, we all know that Rangers, and Ranger Pets, will be a major component of every design, right? :D

Some designs? :)

Maybe one? ;)

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:We are suuuuper excited about this project! And what a great roster you're starting out with already, NaviNation!

Artists, I hope you'll sign up to participate! The project is exciting and I have every confidence the end product will be amazing.

I can't wait to see the cards! Of course, we all know that Rangers, and Ranger Pets, will be a major component of every design, right? :D

Some designs? :)

Maybe one? ;)

I'm sure someone could be convinced, haha! Thank you for your support. <3We've already gotten some of the art done and – though I'm a touch biased – I think it's awe-worthy. I'm very, very excited to see this come together, and glad you are too!(Apps close on Feb. 12th, as an aside!)

There's just under 2 weeks left to apply! Thank you to everyone who has contact with interest or otherwise.We've also released a notification list if you're like me and don't check these threads all that much -- we'll send out an email with information when the funding campaign goes live (including early bird deals and more): https://goo.gl/Scv6Nm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@"TheQuickFox.3826" said:I would like to order a Tyrian Tarot package at, but the Indiegogo website does not accept other payment options than credit card it seems. I can only pay with PayPal, IDeal or bank transfer and I am stuck on the ordering page which asks me for a credit card name and number which I do not have. Can anyone help me here?

Hey there - I actually made a post about this recently - https://gw2collective.tumblr.com/post/173045555968/faq-paypal-policies-with-indiegogoThe only option we currently have outside of finding a friend is the post-order store, but there's no guarantee that we have anything there since we print in runs of 250. Please let me know if I can help you more specifically via email! (gw2collective@gmail.com)

If you were having issues with the payment system, we most likely will be opening a post order store (we have ironed out a good way to do so). That said, there still will be just a limited quantity since we'll be finalizing numbers at the end of the campaign, but we almost definitely will have at least a few. That said, if you add your name to the notification list, we'll let you know when we have them up (that period will be entirely first come, first serve due to quantity).

Click here for that.

We apologize that we can't do more to facilitate PayPal prior to the 22nd, but it's a matter of their policies (as outlined above).

• 4 weeks later...

I was glad that a guildie of mine told me about it the day before it closed! Of course, I ended buying two sets so I can use one and keep one unopened for my collection xD Did Anet ever sent out an email about the Tyrion Tarot cards? If they did, I would have planned everything out instead of buying at the last minute haha Glad to support the campaign and Guild Wars 2 ^^

@Kagusaki.3176 said:I was glad that a guildie of mine told me about it the day before it closed! Of course, I ended buying two sets so I can use one and keep one unopened for my collection xD Did Anet ever sent out an email about the Tyrion Tarot cards? If they did, I would have planned everything out instead of buying at the last minute haha Glad to support the campaign and Guild Wars 2 ^^

I'm glad you nabbed one! We had a mailing list for the opening of sales (we hit over 500 people with it right as we opened), and ArenaNet published a blogpost for us. We campaigned about a solid month beforehand. Feel free to keep watching our accounts! Our next two projects are scheduled. :)

@Khaos.6810 said:Wow, what a huge success this event seemed to be! Great job!

Thank you so much! <3

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello I am new to the forums, sorry for reviving this post but I came here with a purpose so I will Try my hardest to Achieve what I came here to do without breaking any rules or creating any more personal content. I was browsing through here and saw this a while back I saw the pictures and Needed to know more about this project. I know the GoGO is done and done but here is my question. Is any player here that bought into this indieGOGO Willing to sell their copy of the deck with handbook? I will never find this deck other wise and it seems like alot of players bought it with no intention of using it whatsoever. If so please let me know maybe we can work something out.

Archived