Movement help

hzuccolo.6147

I was disappointed when I realized Guild Wars 2 got rid of the click to move option (unless something has changed in the last year or so....) - but my issue is that I have severe arthritis in my left hand so the key movement is not that easy for me. Does anyone know of any good work arounds or suggestions for movement?

@Boysenberry.1869 said:I believe you can still move with the mouse. I think if you hold the right mouse button and then click the left mouse button to move forward (and you can steer yourself while moving forward).

This is correct and good advice to try as your first step.

I use a gaming keypad that has an analog stick to use your left thumb for movement. I am not sure if that would still be too much for your case of arthritis but might be worth a look.

As mentioned above you can move by using the mouse buttons which will hopefully help.

But something else that might be of help, or worth trying, is if you get a mouse with a lots of side buttons, like a Corsair Scimitar, Logitech G600 or Razer Naga then you could maybe remap the movement keys to those. That way you would have complete movement, strafing etc controlled by your thumb on your right hand.

I'm not a Razer fan as my Naga broke, but something like the Naga Hex V2 has less buttons, so for using side buttons as movement controls that might be more comfortable and easier due to better button spacing and slightly larger side buttons. It just might be a bit of a pain initially as it would mean remapping a lot of keys, but you could always just click skills to use them if you has to remap movement to the numbers. Or rather than doing it in game, you could just use the mouse software to remap the numbers 1-4 to WASD (or whichever keys). It would probably take some getting used to, and might feel strange at first. But it's potentially an option to try.

Also remember to map autorun if it isn't already, very handy for map travel.

Archived