Defeat the invading Awakened event temporary or permanent?

Philexan.8475

Howdy, just started playing the game about a month or so ago and the "Defeat the invading Awakened" event has helped me out a lot in leveling/resources. I am wondering if this event is a permanent feature for the low level areas or if it's temporary and will be removed at some later date. Thanks for the help.

I would go with about as permanent as the Scarlet invasions. They occur a little too frequently, the rewards are lackluster, and they can mess up the new player experience. They're welcome for now, but I wouldn't want to see this Current Event forever. ArenaNet should monitor the popularity of the events and reduce the rate and amount of maps it occurs in as it becomes less popular, like only one map at once instead of three, or just Gendarran Fields. I hope it is removed within a year or two, though.In the long term, it could be an event that occurs at the frequency it does now, but only for the duration of a month, similar to some of Gw1's minor events. But the rewards would have to be better.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@GreyWolf.8670 said:The Mordrem Invasion before HoT is no more so it's hard to say. I just cashed the last of my blooms from it in a few weeks ago.

If that's the one I think it's Iron Marches?It's still there.

A few of the isolated events are there but not the reappearing mass mordrem threat events... they disappeared completely iirc and I would hazard a guess these will also when they have played their part of leading upto something else, with perhaps a few random awakened appearing on maps like mt maelstrom but not in the form of an events...only time will tell though.

A lot of the mordrem stuff still was according to the old formula, now they have the current events achievements, and they probably don't want to keep feeding the AP machine, where there will eventually be such a big gap between old players and new players in AP, there is no way for new players to get enough AP for the high en rewards.

@GreyWolf.8670 said:

@Faaris.8013 said:Btw. has anyone else noticed Awakened in other places? I killed two in Southsun Cove, at the water near the Crab Toss arena. They were not tagged on the map or related to any event.

Yes. I ran across a patrol of them last night in Sparkfly.

Those were introduced during Halloween (as a way to allow Non-PoF players to complete some of the Halloween events).

I suspect this one not to be permanent. If we defeat joko and his minions it will be a rather jarring event to have starter zones flash up with jokos attacking forces long after we beat them once and for all.

However, it prob depends on the story direction. If they do stay as permanent, perhaps we arent going to defeat Joko or whoever may be posing as him.

@Randulf.7614 said:I suspect this one not to be permanent. If we defeat joko and his minions it will be a rather jarring event to have starter zones flash up with jokos attacking forces long after we beat them once and for all.

However, it prob depends on the story direction. If they do stay as permanent, perhaps we arent going to defeat Joko or whoever may be posing as him.

It's kind of jarring for Scarlet's minions to continue assaulting us, yet they do. :p

I think this one will go away when we deal with the source of the invasions.

While it can be an interesting and/or fun event, it's really also an advertisement for those that haven't gotten PoF yet. As time moves on, they'll want to stop "showing" that commercial and put on one for something new.

@Fluffball.8307 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:I suspect this one not to be permanent. If we defeat joko and his minions it will be a rather jarring event to have starter zones flash up with jokos attacking forces long after we beat them once and for all.

It's kind of jarring for Scarlet's minions to continue assaulting us, yet they do. :p

I dont disagree and all the more reason for them not to repeat it, altho Scarlets dont flash an attack across a screen so they are lot less jarring. And where they occur could (with a stretch) be dismissed as leftovers like the toxic krait. They also arent in starter zones

It seems a temporary event for me. But I'd like if they left something similar also in the future. It's not uncommon to see some new player shouting "WOW, are you in group? What is this? Who's Joko, why are they here?"When I started to play, I was too shy to ask anything in /say chat, but seeing so many players all at once, makes the game more alive. It's a good impression. The only problem though, it's that free players (or even with only HoT) cannot fully partecipate in this event without a mount. Personally I would disable the mounts during these 10 minutes (I have PoF, so I'm not biased).

No one knows for sure, but it looks like a ls1 style mini version next to the permanent content. Will it last for months, probably. Forever, i am not convinced myself. I like to see the current events as a compremise to still give a little of that LS1 style 'Living World' without destroying the Permanent content (Remember LA? It was a fun event, but i still miss the old pirate LA.)

These would be good to keep for a while. Maybe extend the spawn time. But they are a good source of XP and drops to salvage and breaks up the monotony of the maps.

Archived