Balance Patch by SenseNom (Condi, CC and Mobility)

pierwola.9602

Tabula rasa

• Conditions removed from all weapons, utility skills and traits (to be potentially re-instated later).
  • Crowd control removed from all weapons, utility skills and traits (to be potentially re-instated later).
  • Stability removed from all weapons, utility skills and traits (to be potentially re-instated later).
  • Runes and Sigils removed from the game (to be potentially re-instated later).
  • Condition cleanse skills removed from the game.
  • Boon corruption removed from the game.
  • Stun Break skills removed from the game.
  • Conditions are now classified into two groups: Damaging Conditions and Debuffs.
  • Crowd control are now classified into two groups: Interrupting and Control Effects.

Damaging Conditions

• Damaging conditions include: Burning, Torment, Bleeding and Confusion. Damaging conditions damage scales with Condition Damage and Expertise.
  • Attribute combinations; Power, Condition Damage and Expertise gives the same killing potential as Berserker Amulet; Power, Precision and Ferocity.
  • Resistance is a defensive character attribute. Each attribute point put into resistance increases the condition of the character by one, which improves the character's ability to withstand condition damage.

Debuffs

• Debuffs include: Poison, Blind, Chill, Cripple, Immobile, Slow, Weakness and Vulnerability.
  • Debuffs do not stack (besides Vulnerability) and the duration cannot be increased with Expertise Attribute.
  • High mobility classes/specializations have no access to anti mobility debuffs; Cripple, Immobile.
  • High damage dealing classes/specializations have no access to Poison and Vulnerability.
  • Classes/Specializations with access to Protection have no access to Weakness.
  • Classes/Specializations with access to Blind; Necromancer and Thief.
  • Classes/Specializations with access to Chill; Elementalist, Revenant and Reaper.
  • Classes/Specializations with access to Slow; Revenant and Chronomancer.

Debuffs List

• Poison: Heal potency decreased by 66%.
  • Blind: All outgoing attack misses.
  • Chill: Recharge time increased by 33%. Endurance regeneration decreased by 100%.
  • Cripple: Movement speed decreased by 66%. Gap closer range decreased by 33%.
  • Immobile: Unable to move, leap or teleport.
  • Weakness: Outgoing damage decreased by 66%.

Crowd Control

• Crowd Control do not stack and the duration cannot be increased.
  • Control effects are a set of effects that temporarily prevent actions or movement and disable all skills (include instant cast skills) for the effect's duration. Skills which are interrupted with control effects skills have no cooldown penalty.
  • Interrupting skill prevents a foe from completing its current action. Skills which are interrupted have a 10 second cooldown before they can be cast again.
  • High damage dealing classes/specializations have no access to Control effects.
  • High mobility classes/specializations have no access to Pull.
  • Classes/Specializations with access to Interrupting skills: Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist
  • Stability is a boon that protects against Crowd Control and Debuffs attacks, although it does not remove effects that are already in place. Stability do not stack.

Defiance Bar

• Mechanic used by some enemies to restrict the use of crowd controls and debuffs against them.
  • Event scaling affects the Defiance Bar strength. As more players join the event it will become harder for any one player to break the bar. However, if distributed between all players, each player will be responsible for a reduced amount.
  • Each debuff and crowd control receive its own break bar.
  • Break bar depletes when debuff or crowd control is applicated (1 bar for each debuff or crowd control applicated) and regenerate over time (1 bar every sec).
  • Window time: 1s

Examples

• White Mantle Cleric - Their defiance bar appears when they start channeling a skill that will heal all nearby White Mantle by a large amount. Breaking poison bar will decrease the heal by 66%.
  • White Mantle Cleric - Their defiance bar appears when they start channeling a skill that will heal all nearby White Mantle by a large amount. Breaking chill bar will increase skill recharge time by 33%.
  • White Mantle Cleric - Their defiance bar appears when they start channeling a skill that will heal all nearby White Mantle by a large amount. Breaking Interrupting bar will interrupt the skill and put in on 10 second cooldown.

Gap closer

• All target foe teleports (besides Steal) replaced with area target teleports or leaps.
  • All teleports receives activation time.
  • Long range gap closer skills receives recharge time penalty if there's no target in the range of the skill.

skills examples

• Ride the Lightning: Ride the lightning to your foe, then strike all nearby foes with an electrical burst. If a target is in the range of the skill when you use it, the skill's recharge is halved.Activation Time: 2s, Recharge Time: 30s, Range: 1200
  • Churning Earth: Unleashing a seismic wave that damages and bleeds nearby foes.Activation Time: 2s, Recharge Time: 30s, Radius: 360, Number of Targets: 5, 12 Bleed: 4s
  • Grasping Dead: Summon skeletal hands to cripple foes in front of you.Activation Time: 3/4s, Recharge Time: 10s, Range: 900, Number of Targets: 5, Cripple: 3s
  • Eviscerate: Leap at your foe with a devastating attack. Effect increases with adrenaline level.Recharge Time: 8s, Range: 300

Counters: Dodge, Evade, Block, Blind

Not too shabby of a change. But that's a rework and PvE team doesn't like to do reworks which would make PvP much different from PvE.Nontheless I find these changes quite solid. This would call for more cooperation and skill, less rinse and repeat, passive playstyles and no more easy mode. Mistakes punished, witty tactics rewarded.

These changes would heavily benefit "physical" classes such as Warrior and largely put Mesmer out of the game.Once upon a time, GW2's strength was it's diversity of playstyles. Remember the meme that GW2 would not be a situation of "look I swung my sword, look I swung my sword again?"

Stun break skills removed? Welcome back to the Hambow and super thief era. Rangers, too, would have a heyday, No, thanks.

Thief already relies heavily on interrupts. So, this plan would effectively give everyone ninja thief powers.

It would take one of the ( former ) primary roles of Mesmer (interrupt) and give it to everyone. Admittedly, interrupt has been so heavily nerfed as to be useless for Mesmer at the moment. If everyone could set a skill on cd for 10 seconds on interrupt, then everyone would be a secondary Mesmer in addition to there main class.

Several of these changes are irrelevant to PvP so I won't address them.

Overall, I'd say this is a blueprint for removing Mesmer,Ele, Necro from the game. I respectfully submit that it is "ill considered" in it's current form.

Let us not forget that lack of stunbreaks would mean an adequate change to the ammount of crowd control as well. It would also get toned enough to prevent crowd control locks or rinse and repeat kind of play. It is not at all an issue, that this proposal kills certain combat aspects, because nobody will make a perfect balance patch in one try. I believe that if we wanted to start over, these changes would be perfect for making a rework in closed environment, which means a testing phase for the devs.However, this will not happen as PvP team does not balance pvp in terms of skills. If they did, they could spend a month on testing the mechanics with a selection of players of highest ranks. On the other hand I am quite afraid that if top rank players were to test it, they would probably not be eager to have new mechanics introduced.That's because with these changes, they would have to actually try harder to play instead of being carried by strong classes with access to multiple tools at the same time. And we know that pro players like to have strong classes with some shenanigans attached to them. It would be hard nowadays to find an unbiased players who would equally and objectively test these new changes.

theirs a lot of positive changes in this concept but I think the ship as sailed to far from port now to turn back and reload its cargo with fine tea instead of stale 5 year old produce. these are changes that would of needed to be put in place with a fresh new game. all anet can really do now is plug up a few holes in the hull and balance the ship from becoming the way of the titanic.

this is your captain speaking and I shall be going down with the ship.

@"pierwola.9602" said:

• Grasping Dead: Summon skeletal hands to cripple foes in front of you.Activation Time: 3/4s, Recharge Time: 10s, Range: 900, Number of Targets: 5, Cripple: 3s

this is exactly how pvp atm with scourge scene. 2-3 o them and the entire other team is dead from 1 skill use by them.

@Nightmare.1234 said:theirs a lot of positive changes in this concept but I think the ship as sailed to far from port now to turn back and reload its cargo with fine tea instead of stale 5 year old produce. these are changes that would of needed to be put in place with a fresh new game. all anet can really do now is plug up a few holes in the hull and balance the ship from becoming the way of the titanic.

this is your captain speaking and I shall be going down with the ship.

You Can't Build a House on Sand

There are still way too many shallow effects. It's be better to cull it down to powerful and suscinct effects. It's why my re-design only had 8 debuffs, and 4 of them used a builder/resource mechanic instead of being something that people could just fire off on cooldown. The amount of effects blinking on a status barwouldn't be much different with this change compared to what we have now.

@"Swagg.9236" said:There are still way too many shallow effects. It's be better to cull it down to powerful and suscinct effects. It's why my re-design only had 8 debuffs, and 4 of them used a builder/resource mechanic instead of being something that people could just fire off on cooldown. The amount of effects blinking on a status barwouldn't be much different with this change compared to what we have now.In the right hands everything can be powerful.

Here's how i see it.

Reaper's Touch: Send out a scythe (at high speed) that chills your target and gain you life force.Activation Time: 1/4s, Count Recharge: 15s, Maximum Count: 2, Range: 900, Chill: 1s, Life ForceBad Player: He spams it every time it's off on cooldown and then he qq on the forum that hammer warrior has too many CC skills.Good Player: He use it wisely to counter and put the main strength of his opponenton on longer cooldown.

Suffer: Freeze all enemies around.Activation Time: 3/4s, Recharge time: 40s, Radius: 600, Number of Targets: 5, Chill: 4sBad Player: He "dodged" it and now he spam auto attacks. After he lost he qq on the forum because he has not enough "dodge" skills.Good Player: He didn't "dodge" it because he knew that he will use auto attacks for the next few sec.

Archived