What if Ancient seeds would be available for core ranger?

InsaneQR.7412

It should go into NM traitline so Protective Ward has a real competitor (at least until we get back out mobile spirits).That kind of skill doesn't make sense in the class like the druid. Same as the DPS thing from natural convergence.

Druid should have those two reworked so the trait and the skill are focused in support instead. Druid should apply unique effects, like grace of the land was, so it's differenciated from the rest of the classes and be more focus into support (and being the best at it) while nerfing the output damage. To reduce the server overload they need to be long lasting effects and not based in charges. So are applied less frequently but the effects last the same overall.

Entangle should also be reworked to be the active of the elite of Spirit of Nature, it's an skill it doesnt make sense in a survival skill and it's not aligned with the rest of survival skills.

Muddy terrain and Entangle should become actives for the spirits which should become also mobile by trait.

Spirits should have by trait in PvP/WvW the 90% damage reduction when not targeted and being immune to conditions (move to GM the mobile + damage reduction trait ) and to master the boon application trait (nature of vengueance)

Survival skills are mostly focused in the ranger and also single target effects.

Changes to skills:

Muddy terrain => Letargy unguent.

• next 6 seconds hits apply slow and cripple to target.

Sharppened edges:

• next 6 seconds hits apply bleeding.

Entangle => Survival of the Fittest

• for 7 seconds each hit applies Might and Fury (8 secs). Critical hits also heal the ranger for an small amount.

I think it’s fine in Druid personally, not to mention if that were available in a build that didn’t sacrifice damage to take it it’d be absolute cancer.

Like imagine if power Assassin Soulbeast could get ahold of ancient seeds, you’d be able to 100-0 literally anyone while they’re immobilized for 5s, unless they had an EVADE or invuln skill.

@Euthymias.7984 said:If it were made into a skill effect, I could see it being used as an Elite Trap with some different effect to not make it literally Entangle 2.Or make it a side effect of a Marksmanship GM where CCing a crippled foe applies Lesser Entangle on your target.

Id actually could see it as the Shortbow trait. They could make a lot of the trait baseline. Like piercing. This mainly effects AA anyway.

It could be like: Root target after you hit it with a Hard CC. Gain increased condi duration (small amount stackable) when you immobilise a target. SB duration decrease.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@Euthymias.7984 said:If it were made into a skill effect, I could see it being used as an Elite Trap with some different effect to not make it literally Entangle 2.Or make it a side effect of a Marksmanship GM where CCing a crippled foe applies Lesser Entangle on your target.

Id actually could see it as the Shortbow trait. They could make a lot of the trait baseline. Like piercing. This mainly effects AA anyway.

It could be like: Root target after you hit it with a Hard CC. Gain increased condi duration (small amount stackable) when you immobilise a target. SB duration decrease.

Lol or we can just stick it on light on your feet in an attempt to make the most ridiculously overinflated trait ever that still won’t be taken.

@Durzlla.6295 said:

Lol or we can just stick it on light on your feet in an attempt to make the most ridiculously overinflated trait ever that still won’t be taken.

It already is.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

It already is.

Lol oh I’m well aware, but we can’t stop now!!

@Durzlla.6295 said:

It already is.

Lol oh I’m well aware, but we can’t stop now!!

Ita actually kinda sad. They could give all the flanking bonusses and the pierce to short bow as baseline. I mean AA and quickshot pierce everything else doesnt either way (not quiet sure about concussive though) and poison volley pierces on baseline even without trait.

In theory it would be nice just to think about it if ancient seeds would be the SB trait. A man can dream.

Archived