Borderlands bloodlust

Torilis.4615

So, basically, I got 1 question. I returned to this game after like 4 years of inactivity, and for me atlest half of zest was WvW. And here the question, why the heck my team dont wanna claim bloodlust? It takes 2 men and 5 min to get it, and 1 of dat men is me, cuz anyway i feel useless in battle after some questionable balance changes (my guard being literally 2shoted by traps, hidden for me by paywall of expansion). So, it's not even worth it to spend 5 min of 1 man to get bloodlust for whole team? But then why enemies always get bloodlust?

Bloodlust mean very little with the nerf to the buff (it was insane when first introduced) and with tier based ppt the little extra ppk is fairly pointless.

So no, people generally wont bother even if its easy. I dont blaim them. I dont bother either.

After they bugged the caps (wait, maybe its a feature?) people dont even know if they are capped or not anyway.

While claiming bloodlust, you & your partner get

• 0 wxp
  • 70% participation

The benefits are:

• Increases the gliding-allowed area
  • A single point per kill added to war score.
  • A minor boost to stats.

Alternatively, during that same period you could cap a camp (and maybe a sentry) for up to 320 wxp & ~250 participation (plus sentry) and be on your way to something else.

It's a bit like stopping to pick up some mushrooms on your way to farming flax: sure, it's worth a few pennies, but the flax farm itself is worth 20-30s, so it's a distraction from your goal.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:While claiming bloodlust, you & your partner get

• 0 wxp
  • 70% participation

The benefits are:

• Increases the gliding-allowed area
  • A single point per kill added to war score.
  • A minor boost to stats.

Alternatively, during that same period you could cap a camp (and maybe a sentry) for up to 320 wxp & ~250 participation (plus sentry) and be on your way to something else.

It's a bit like stopping to pick up some mushrooms on your way to farming flax: sure, it's worth a few pennies, but the flax farm itself is worth 20-30s, so it's a distraction from your goal.

Well stated.

One of the additional benefits are the fights that can come there.

To the OP: try to run with two to three. Two people can flip bloodlust, but with one or two more it's faster and you might get a fight or three.

I think as more and more people get to the level to engage war gliding (If they have HOT) they will see, regardless of what wxp or participation it gives in capping the ruins, it just saves travel time overall. I've found many enemies not even bothering to cap it like they used to, which is a credit to those on home BL that can glide. If they enabled gliding for everyone regardless of them being HOT owners or not there'd be more of a fight to hold the ruins and maybe they should make that so? I personally wouldn't mind giving up that little pay wall (just in wvw) so everyone had the opportunity to get somewhere just a bit faster. Plus, if they provided that ability to non HOT owners to experiment with in the mists, those people might upgrade to try it in pve...wouldn't that be funny if something in wvw ended up bringing in more revenue for Anet?

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:I think as more and more people get to the level to engage war gliding (If they have HOT) they will see, regardless of what wxp or participation it gives in capping the ruins, it just saves travel time overall. I've found many enemies not even bothering to cap it like they used to, which is a credit to those on home BL that can glide. If they enabled gliding for everyone regardless of them being HOT owners or not there'd be more of a fight to hold the ruins and maybe they should make that so? I personally wouldn't mind giving up that little pay wall (just in wvw) so everyone had the opportunity to get somewhere just a bit faster. Plus, if they provided that ability to non HOT owners to experiment with in the mists, those people might upgrade to try it in pve...wouldn't that be funny if something in wvw ended up bringing in more revenue for Anet?

It doesn't really save any time if you're on an offensive border (because you're usually going up one of the side lanes, and if you're crossing the middle, you're not gliding much at all). It's only good for saving time if you own the BL and the Garri, but you already own it most of the time anyway so no need to cap it.

Archived