A Renegade challenge to the Anet Devs!

Rasp Sabreblade.5421

Anet Devs,I challenge every Anet employee to make a Revenant Renegade and take it to WvW for 1-2 weeks straight and be a roamer (no joining zergs), but there are some rules:

The following are the rules:

1. you can either roam alone or with 1 other person, but the other profession can only be rev (core spec or renegade(same rules apply)) or an ele weaver(must use sword), engi core spec, necro core spec
  2. Must use the short bow as a weapon
  3. Can't use the hammer
  4. kalla must be one of your legends you have equipped
  5. if you come across an enemy player(s) you must engage. 4 or enemy players you can run from, unless there are 2 of you. Then 6 or more enemies you can run from.
  6. any armor and trinkets you wish can be used
  7. Can't use food or other boosts
  8. you must turn off the Anet tag so you don't draw a crowd
  9. keep track of the number of players you engaged; the number you killed and the number of times you died
  10. you can only be in Eternal Battle Grounds and Desert borderlands

Please post your honest results of play time.

If you are really serious about this challenge - post on twitch so we can all watch to see how you do.

This is beyond pointless post. Well done. What exactly would this "challenge" show? None of them will do this, why would they? This isnt a challenge. I am guessing you're trying to say Renegade is weak or something? Though a Condi renegade and a Hybrid Weaver would do well together. Your "challenge" says that Kalla and short bow has to be equipped, well i wouldnt use either, stick in Mal and Mace/Axe, the Weaver would be giving near perma swiftness would have other support boons, healing and such. Hell A Renegade with pretty much anyone can be good, other than another renegade. Though they could have one renegade using Mal and the other sticking with just Ventari for the constant healing and condi removal. Could work quite decently, even with the forced restrictions.

@"ArmageddonAsh.6430" said:This is beyond pointless post. Well done. What exactly would this "challenge" show? None of them will do this, why would they? This isnt a challenge. I am guessing you're trying to say Renegade is weak or something? Though a Condi renegade and a Hybrid Weaver would do well together. Your "challenge" says that Kalla and short bow has to be equipped, well i wouldnt use either, stick in Mal and Mace/Axe, the Weaver would be giving near perma swiftness would have other support boons, healing and such. Hell A Renegade with pretty much anyone can be good, other than another renegade. Though they could have one renegade using Mal and the other sticking with just Ventari for the constant healing and condi removal. Could work quite decently, even with the forced restrictions.

Just as you stated, you wouldn't use kalla or the shortbow.

The point is that most people on the forums believe that very few people at Anet play Revenant. Thus, they don't understand how much of an issue there is with the Renegade or core specs. The hope is that some of them will try it out and actually experience what people are complaining about.Them actually posting their experience is really a mute point. The point is for them to experience the issues. The more people at Anet looking at an issue will hopefully bring forth new ideas on how to address it.

Re> @Rasp Sabreblade.5421 said:

Just as you stated, you wouldn't use kalla or the shortbow.

The point is that most people on the forums believe that very few people at Anet play Revenant. Thus, they don't understand how much of an issue there is with the Renegade or core specs. The hope is that some of them will try it out and actually experience what people are complaining about.Them actually posting their experience is really a mute point. The point is for them to experience the issues. The more people at Anet looking at an issue will hopefully bring forth new ideas on how to address it.

The difference being, you can have a weapon, doesnt mean you HAVE to use it. Many classes have weapons that arent good in every build. So if you are trying to say that they MUST use Shortbow, wouldnt that be kinda silly considering even if it was a good ranged weapon, no one uses ranaged weapons in melee.

Mute point? Do you mean Moot Point?

They are more than aware renegade sucks at that point. I'm pretty sure it was done on purpose....

I remember farming some Devs in ranked pvp in earlier seasons. Not saying it has anything to do with this but yeah.

Just gotta wait until they decide they don't want renegade to be absolutely worthless anymore.

Archived