Class WvW PoF? new player.

CHRIS CORNELL.6147

Hi, finally gonna give GW2 a solid go with PoF almost here, with WvW in mind to be more specific. I'd like to ask you guys:

1. Suggest me 2 classes to choose from pls. This is my style and taste: I love a constant Dispel and Self Heals. I love Heavy Armor looks. I prefer to Tank, or hybrid Tank/Heal or Tank/DPS. I rather be unable to kill single targets than to be killed easy. Being 1shot makes me ragequit for days. I enjoy long 1v1 pvp battles. I enjoy Castle Siege. I dislike to Heal my group members. I enjoy rolling with Sword/Shield or Axe/Shield, or Great Swords.. so melee. Bows are ok or daggers. I dislike casting or using Wands, Orbs, Magic shit, etc. I enjoy self buffs like always on Mantras or long lasting buffs. I prefer gear and level type pvp over moba style pvp where all are equal, skill is ok but hard work should be compensated too.

2. Is WvW active as of Today?. You guys that been playing this game for years what changes do you see coming to WvW with PoF? pls remember I don't know the GW2 terminology yet. I do know I like the videos I see and the WvW concept.

3. If there's no class with a minimum combo of Dispel/HeavyArmor/Tank-DPS(orTank-Heal), Is there some sort of Troll class then?. I also like trolling and PK. like a Disruptor class or a melee glass cannon that can actually get close to mobile targets. oh and I like pvp pull skills too.

Well thanks so much for your time.

Make a Warrior and roll as Spellbreaker once the xpac hits. It strips buffs from enemies and generates plenty of might, which turns into healing and endurance thanks to a trait, making you pretty survivable. Coupled with healing signet and adrenal health, you get a constant stream of health regen. Not to mention it has a full counter ability that blocks any attack and retaliates with aoe damage.

Warriors also have the highest base hp pool in the game, tied with the necromancer, and wear heavy armor. Greatsword is their weapon of choice in power builds, while axe/shield and mace/shield are the favored secondary weapon sets. None of the Warrior's weapons are magic-related.

WvW is definitely active, although it depends on what tier your server is in. Usually the higher the tier, the more action you'll find in WvW. You can see the leaderboard for WvW in the GW2 homepage, under community.

@"CHRIS CORNELL.6147" said:Hi, finally gonna give GW2 a solid go with PoF almost here, with WvW in mind to be more specific. I'd like to ask you guys:

1. Suggest me 2 classes to choose from pls. This is my style and taste: I love a constant Dispel and Self Heals. I love Heavy Armor looks. I prefer to Tank, or hybrid Tank/Heal or Tank/DPS. I rather be unable to kill single targets than to be killed easy. Being 1shot makes me ragequit for days. I enjoy long 1v1 pvp battles. I enjoy Castle Siege. I dislike to Heal my group members. I enjoy rolling with Sword/Shield or Axe/Shield, or Great Swords.. so melee. Bows are ok or daggers. I dislike casting or using Wands, Orbs, Magic kitten, etc. I enjoy self buffs like always on Mantras or long lasting buffs. I prefer gear and level type pvp over moba style pvp where all are equal, skill is ok but hard work should be compensated too.

i suggest you learn elementalist and revenant. Elementalists are generally a very mobile/hybrid class. even tho their armor/health may fool you, geared and traited the right way can make you do whatever you want. for small scale roaming, core ele has been my go-to option, perfectly able to deal with 1v3's. in bigger scale /zerg fights you might want to spec into tempest,. it is able to become a tank healer that helps your group to stay alive.

as condition revenant you are that dps glassy cannon type that destroys the enemy applying a lot of conditions and surviving using your healing abilities. you are also able to rip boons and convert them into conditions, while self being able to profit more of the condi's on you (combined with resistance ofc)

1. Is WvW active as of Today?. You guys that been playing this game for years what changes do you see coming to WvW with PoF? pls remember I don't know the GW2 terminology yet. I do know I like the videos I see and the WvW concept.

higher tiers, t1 and 2, are most active in wvw. you'll see many ppl and counter equal ammounts everywhere. wvw over the course of this game has seen many fluxtiations, ppl leaveing, coming back, and going again. with PoF around the corner you have a lot of ppl returning to the game, guilds reforming and groups joining together to analyse the potential of new elite specs.

1. If there's no class with a minimum combo of Dispel/HeavyArmor/Tank-DPS(orTank-Heal), Is there some sort of Troll class then?. I also like trolling and PK. like a Disruptor class or a melee glass cannon that can actually get close to mobile targets. oh and I like pvp pull skills too.

a troll class would either be a condition thief, or a cele necro. they require no skill, everyone hates them but they get the job done i guess... i'm not fond of them myself.

Archived