Plural for Asura?

Swagger.1459

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:Asuri are, taxonomically, gigantic walking mollusks, so they follow the same naming conventions.

Can't say I've ever seen someone call Asura "mollusks" before. Congrats on being the first for me. Plus, isn't the technically correct plural of "octopus" actually "octopodes"?

Octopodes means "eight footsies".

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:Asuri are, taxonomically, gigantic walking mollusks, so they follow the same naming conventions.

Can't say I've ever seen someone call Asura "mollusks" before. Congrats on being the first for me. Plus, isn't the technically correct plural of "octopus" actually "octopodes"?

Octopodes means "eight footsies".

And the original Greek term for one octopus means "eight feet/foot". Seems appropriate.

@"Swagger.1459" said:Asuras or Asurans?

Edit based off of comments- So what would we use for this sentence?...

A group of (Asura or Asuras or Asurans) stole my lunch money?

Per game and Taimi: Asura.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Buried_Insight

: Tizlak was right. The city appears long dead. I guess we won't find any allies to rally for our cause. Taimi: Such a pity. All those asura.For stuff created by asura : asuran.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Way_In : I’m looking for Rata Novus. Ever heard of it? Tizlak: Rata… Hmm… : That doesn’t sound promising. Tizlak: I’m assuming you mean an old asuran city?

@OneYenShort.3189 said:

@"Swagger.1459" said:Asuras or Asurans?

Edit based off of comments- So what would we use for this sentence?...

A group of (Asura or Asuras or Asurans) stole my lunch money?

Per game and Taimi: Asura.

: Tizlak was right. The city appears long dead. I guess we won't find any allies to rally for our cause. Taimi: Such a pity. All those asura.For stuff created by asura : asuran.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Way_In : I’m looking for Rata Novus. Ever heard of it? Tizlak: Rata… Hmm… : That doesn’t sound promising. Tizlak: I’m assuming you mean an old asuran city?

Aha. Good. So I've been saying it right all along.

[For the idiot white knights out there who have no sense of humor or perspective, this is all tongue-in-cheek.]One Asura; two Asurae...Multiple groups of Asurae: Asuraeae.Multiple groups of Asuraeae: noisy mob.A group of male Asurae: Asuraeine.A group of female Asurae: Asuraefem.A group of Asuraefem ovulating (happens only once per decade; their cycle is different than humans or the world would be crawling with Asurae): BeechyAsuraefem.A group of tall Asurae: nonexistent, so no proper noun.A group of attractive Asurae: also nonexistent, so no proper noun.A group of Asurae confronted by a group of Charr: lunch.

Archived