new player lvl 80 boost and masteries

Drex.1058

i played free a few days, then bought PoF and used 80 boost on a character. i went back to starting zone and doing quests/unlocking points of interests gathering mat for crafting and lvling crafting up.my mastery bar filled up and i keep getting a pop up for using my point i have earned.i have to go to crystal desert to start a quest to unlock the central tyria masteriesim a charr in in the starter zone in ascalon.question is whats the quickest way there so i can go ahead and unlock it so i dont have to keep seeing the pop up? i only have way points in starter zone

The above is correct. Start the PoF story line "Blazing a Trail" and head to Lion's Arch. You'll get the standard green star prompts to go to two locations in LA, the second of which brings you to the Crystal Desert and partway through that mission will unlock the Mastery system for PoF for you, which will eliminate the pop-ups.

EDIT: Regarding getting to Lion's Arch, there's an Asura Portal in each major City that takes you to LA. Look for a purple gate. Regarding Charr, it's in the Black Citadel near either Memorial Waypoint or Ligacus Aquilo Waypoint (can't quite remember)

As a note, regarding story timeline, PoF takes place WAY after your current personal story, so some things may not make sense if you go right into it. Be wary of this possible spoiler territory.

Archived