Dueling Etiquette

Tom.6478

I understand that dueling in W vs W is a thing, and I'm fine with it. Believe me when I recognize it, I try to avoid.I was in Hero's lodge and am familiar that can be an area for dueling.However I was trying to kill the Vet guard and apparently got caught up in a duel.Needless to say, I was criticized.Its not a big thing, but dang, don't expect me not to try to kill a vet guard just because you are in the area.I want to be fair, most dueling situations I have come across seem to acknowledge that kind of thing.Apparently there are a few that think the map belongs to them.Just venting a bit. To be honest I like watching duels, just think that the duelers should respect others goals.

There are plenty of places in wvw that allow for dueling with a minimal chance of interruption. The burden is on the participants to find one of these places if freedom from interruption is what they actually want. I've never heard of anyone hunting down duelists, it's always a case of them choosing a high traffic area and then complaining about interference . . .

As a long time wvw roamer i still dont get this. If they want duel... they can go on hidden spot.... was place like at Mill on south of border map. Once i see people dueling in the middle of map, its only on my mood if i interfere. Once im on thief or mes... i have red eyes and dont care about duels in the middle of map... or at entrance at SM. More you play ... you dont care.... coz sometimes i let 2 guys duel then i run with low hp near him (not run to them... trying to avoid their duel) but puf thief jumped on me and killed me... this situation in that years happenned lot of time... so dont care. Warzone, points for kill... so if ppl want uninterupted duel... dont make it in middle of all happening.

I usually don't interfere in duels except when they duel around SMC, I don't get those people... Once I was running past SMC to get to a camp with my group of 3, we saw a bunch of people seemingly dueling and ignored them because we didn't want to interfere but then a Warrior just jumped at me so we killed him and for the next 30 minutes he and his friends kept whispering us with "nice 3 on 1 noob" and stuff like that and since then we made it a habbit to /ponder the corpses of our fallen enemies, wondering if what we did was fair...

In my opinion ANet should introduce a dueling ground so that duelists can stop bothering those who enjoy beeing part of a bigger objective.

@"TwilightSoul.9048" said:I usually don't interfere in duels except when they duel around SMC, I don't get those people... Once I was running past SMC to get to a camp with my group of 3, we saw a bunch of people seemingly dueling and ignored them because we didn't want to interfere but then a Warrior just jumped at me so we killed him and for the next 30 minutes he and his friends kept whispering us with "nice 3 on 1 noob" and stuff like that and since then we made it a habbit to /ponder the corpses of our fallen enemies, wondering if what we did was fair...

In my opinion ANet should introduce a dueling ground so that duelists can stop bothering those who enjoy beeing part of a bigger objective.

I know. Maybe they should create a 5th WvW map with a jumping puzzle and a huge arena in it.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"TwilightSoul.9048" said:I usually don't interfere in duels except when they duel around SMC, I don't get those people... Once I was running past SMC to get to a camp with my group of 3, we saw a bunch of people seemingly dueling and ignored them because we didn't want to interfere but then a Warrior just jumped at me so we killed him and for the next 30 minutes he and his friends kept whispering us with "nice 3 on 1 noob" and stuff like that and since then we made it a habbit to /ponder the corpses of our fallen enemies, wondering if what we did was fair...

I know. Maybe they should create a 5th WvW map with a jumping puzzle and a huge arena in it.

like the obsidian sanctum =) hue hue

First rule of dueling etiquette - there is no dueling etiquette.

I will leave people be to do "fair fights" (1v1, 2v2 etc) but I wont go out of the way to avoid them either if they are in my way - the middle island between the bridge and the sentry being the sole exception that I go around. WvW is a warzone. Those that claim they are "dueling" smack in front of keep guards I will engage without hesitation and wont care if I win or loose.

Another proof for how ruthless WvW became .. what tf is the problem with not disturbing duels ? Ganking and can cerous behavior all over the place so my hard counter to that clowns became throwing siege @ them .. start behaving like a clown .. i can do that aswell .. not rly funny but a proper reaction imo :)

@primatos.5413 said:Another proof for how ruthless WvW became .. what tf is the problem with not disturbing duels ? Ganking and can cerous behavior all over the place so my hard counter to that clowns became throwing siege @ them .. start behaving like a clown .. i can do that aswell .. not rly funny but a proper reaction imo :)

What is the problem with not disturbing WvW in WvW?If you want to duel why not do it in a non-relevant location, that way no one will interfere.If you duel in front of the Stonemist Castle you're fair game, that has nothing to do with etiquette or beeing ruthless, WvW is not a dueling zone. The only clown is you if you think we're supposed to wait with our SMC rush until you're done dueling. And if you're dueling in some irrelevant location then no ones gonna bother you.

@TwilightSoul.9048 said:

@primatos.5413 said:Another proof for how ruthless WvW became .. what tf is the problem with not disturbing duels ? Ganking and can cerous behavior all over the place so my hard counter to that clowns became throwing siege @ them .. start behaving like a clown .. i can do that aswell .. not rly funny but a proper reaction imo :)

If you want to duel why not do it in a non-relevant location, that way no one will interfere.

Exactly my thoughts.

Go where it's appropriate to duel. WvW is open world so don't expect people to "respect your space". It's not your space. It's everyone's space.

I don't care if anyone duels or not and mostly those who I encounter while dueling myself don't care either. If I wanna duel I will ask that person to meet me in a guild hall or in an arena in PVP. Problem solved.

This topic again?

I get 1v1's often in WvW, which is nice. But if I get ganked, I don't get angry , I fight the ganker. If I can't win or escape escape and I die, I don't get angry, I respawn and continue roaming. If I see a 1v1, I'll watch and intervene if my teammate is about to be stomped. If the enemy player in a 1v1 I'm spectating is someone I know is a rager and I can get a salty whisper out of - I will absolutely gank them. This is a war-zone. There are zero rules of engagement.

Archived