Increase penalty for leavers to 1hr

Arheundel.6451

Depends when...For example having dishonoured for not accepting a match is not great, i mean stuff happens in 2-5 minutes.If it's people that leave after match started and is ongoing, i wouldn't say 1 hour but 15-20m.Also, better detection for afkers would be nice (like if that person is longer than 10-30 seconds on spawn), or spends longer than 1 minute on an area the size of a Capture Point (so a guy holding a point can move a bit outside and not be flagged).Also reports for feeding the enemy team and inactivity should be added to PvP.

@corey.6451 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:Only 2m for first offence is just way too low, it should start from 1hr and increase to 2hrs for every offence

You do know that alot people already complaint about the dishonor already, because of dc. So if they get dc(not on purpose) they cant play for 1 hour. Think about the backlash on that.

Think about the frustration of the team that losses because of one guy having poor stability. Losing 29 points, because some guy dced, at that moment i would ban him from playing the season, so 1h is not that big of a punishment.

@SloRules.3560 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:Only 2m for first offence is just way too low, it should start from 1hr and increase to 2hrs for every offence

You do know that alot people already complaint about the dishonor already, because of dc. So if they get dc(not on purpose) they cant play for 1 hour. Think about the backlash on that.

Think about the frustration of the team that losses because of one guy having poor stability. Losing 29 points, because some guy dced, at that moment i would ban him from playing the season, so 1h is not that big of a punishment.

It isnt about a good connection. Anet server has some issues, no games has dc proof connection, name one and i will gibe you 1k gold. 1 hour punishment for a random dc that haooen may once a week, will drive more player away. And for losing point if you work out the amount of dc gamw you ever had. Only a tiny 10% or less, will effect the outcome of the match. The rest, you wont lose any point because of dc timer.

Personally, the amount of game loss and result i losing point for me is 2%, this from from season 7 to season 9.

So if this change to 1 hour, you will still get dcer and still lose point. All it does is create more frustration.

@SloRules.3560 said:

Think about the frustration you'll have if your game crashed, internet dropped for few secounds etc and you have to find something else to do due to ban from the dced/crash which isn't your fault.

I'll guarantee it will happen to you.

Have more understanding around you then just yourself, you wouldn't like the punishment that you suggested if it were happened to you.

Anyways, these things can not be detected so anet have to balance the best they can with the ban.

@"ReaverKane.7598" said:Depends when...For example having dishonoured for not accepting a match is not great, i mean stuff happens in 2-5 minutes.If it's people that leave after match started and is ongoing, i wouldn't say 1 hour but 15-20m.Also, better detection for afkers would be nice (like if that person is longer than 10-30 seconds on spawn), or spends longer than 1 minute on an area the size of a Capture Point (so a guy holding a point can move a bit outside and not be flagged).Also reports for feeding the enemy team and inactivity should be added to PvP.

First of all, reports should actually work. Those who do, know that it's just a pretty "muh justice" function that doesn't do a thing.

@Rodzynald.5897 said:

@"ReaverKane.7598" said:Depends when...For example having dishonoured for not accepting a match is not great, i mean stuff happens in 2-5 minutes.If it's people that leave after match started and is ongoing, i wouldn't say 1 hour but 15-20m.Also, better detection for afkers would be nice (like if that person is longer than 10-30 seconds on spawn), or spends longer than 1 minute on an area the size of a Capture Point (so a guy holding a point can move a bit outside and not be flagged).Also reports for feeding the enemy team and inactivity should be added to PvP.

First of all, reports should actually work. Those who do, know that it's just a pretty "muh justice" function that doesn't do a thing.

They do work. According to Gaile and Arena Net, at least. They might not have the effect you intend, but they work.

@"ReaverKane.7598"Key words "according to". Either people who claim to report a lot on wintraders in fact don't report at all, or wintrading is not something that can be punished, as well as being afk.Wintrading will never be not worth it, unless it rains bans. Slap on the wrist doesn't count, because if reports work after a long delay and it's just a bunch of hours as account suspension, the impact is almost non-existent. Then it means that reports are looked into, but they do not work. If reports did work, we would see little to no wintrading, afkers and whatever scum we might face in PvP - this is what it means for reports to work, to discourge such behaviour.

@ReaverKane.7598 "They do work. According to Gaile and Arena Net, at least. They might not have the effect you intend, but they work."

Lol of course Arena Nets Mascot is going to say reports work but they can say that all day long we know different because we have actually played this game enough to know fact from fiction.

The true reality is this at minimal since season 5 PvP league Wintrading Match Tossing Match Manipulation has become practically a meta to reach the top of the leaderboard We are in what season 10 now? if reports regarding match manipulations and all the other offenses were actually dealt with assuming they could be proved there wouldn't of been a plethora of these offenses *Rising in number as opposed to declining due to being discouraged on the off chance they might get banned for it.

Now we know Arena Net has access to chat logs where they can review what is actually being said in game and we can likely assume there has been hundreds of screen shots submitted regarding these issues yet the constant still remains these offenses rose in number instead of decreasing.

The result being this people who come across these offenses now are more likely to be discouraged from actually following thru on a report because they suspect the offender probably wont get dealt with so why bother .....Rodzynald.5897 "Wintrading will never be not worth it, unless it rains bans." People are throwing their hands up in the air saying why do I bother to report its been 5 seasons minimal half the same offenders are still around and ironically still doing the same thing they did 5 seasons ago.

That being said let Arena Net make their claims reports work when offenders commit these deeds but anyone who has PvPed In the past 5 league seasons knows better the result being the same offenders still around seemingly more of them then there was before some of which are practically gloating about their actions openly secure in the knowledge they wont be dealt with, points that seem to invalidate Arena nets claim to the contrary despite their spokesman's proclamations regarding the issue.

I really don't understand the point about the ban in case my connection drop or, as happened 2 times to me, if my power go down and even if I return in game (the same) i get a ban, BUT if you stay AFK during a match OR you DANCE (yes they did) in two at the base during the match, well in this case it's all OK -_-Consider that I lost 70% of RATED match just because people in AFK, (or dancing or doing nothing at the base) You understand How I care about leaving, is not leaving the problem, the problem is just people that for various reasons (same guild, they didn't like the map, they were upset with other players in the team, etc..) let the other team win, this is the real problem in a rated match ANET and not the auto jumpers in skyhammer...

Archived