Why can a catapult bleed but can't a harpy nest burn?

TheQuickFox.3826

In order to make it easier for players with condition builds to destroy siege, they updated them to be affected by conditions and critical hits. Previously they would only take power damage, so if you ran a Condi build it would take you forever to destroy any siege. But to balance out this change they doubled the HP on siege so it wouldn't be destroyed too quickly. I know it looks silly, but what can you do.

Anet needs to make good game validations and fix that stuff, some condis should not affect targetable items.

@X T D.6458 IMO this just shows the poor care they have been having on their game.. like in a non care way lets every one do everything mentality, whaetever happens in this game mode.

Wonder why we cant regenerate wood nor metal trough magic, but we can make it bleed and poison? well cause it is Anet logic behind it...

@Aeolus.3615 said:Anet needs to make good game validations and fix that stuff, some condis should not affect targetable items.

@X T D.6458 IMO this just shows the poor care they have been having on their game.. like in a non care way lets every one do everything mentality, whaetever happens in this game mode.

Wonder why we cant regenerate wood nor metal trough magic, but we can make it bleed and poison? well cause it is Anet logic behind it...

What do you mean? It was an appropriate change because before the update it was unfair to players who were using condition builds. You can do more damage to siege, and to balance it out they increased the hp on it, seems right to me. Sometimes I wish they would reduce the hp though especially when I am taking them down by myself :/

@Aeolus.3615 said:X T D.6458 , why do u think it is unfair??

Then some boons should be able to affect as well... some classes are about support skills :| should Anet should allow it as well cause it is unfair.

Lol if you ran a condition build in the past and tried to take down a ram or catapult! Do you know how long it would have taken?

@X T D.6458 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:X T D.6458 , why do u think it is unfair??

Then some boons should be able to affect as well... some classes are about support skills :| should Anet should allow it as well cause it is unfair.

Lol if you ran a condition build in the past and tried to take down a ram or catapult! Do you know how long it would have taken?

IMO that is a player choiceThat is the issue with this game, every one wants to be super efective against everything and everyone..tho i blame Anet for imputing that mentality on players.

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:Man... I wish an Ele running fire would have burning immunity, water would have chill immunity, etc....

That actually would be fun, but can u imagine players that want to kill with an alement QQ about that element not doing damaga cause target is countering with armor counter element???

That's called game mechanics, gw2 is made to be simple w/o having much thniking or care from the dev's, having class defense to one elemental element while traited to it, kinda makes sense on gw2

cause:https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Mantra

Overall i think gw2 is ment to be a depthless game >_> so every one look good and dont have to actually learn that depth or a class or mechanic.Meh scrub based game....reason game is all about damage, and reason why this is one of the worsst game to actually pvp if u want decent pvp.

@Aeolus.3615 said:Anet needs to make good game validations and fix that stuff, some condis should not affect targetable items.

Wonder why we cant regenerate wood nor metal trough magic, but we can make it bleed and poison? well cause it is Anet logic behind it...Spoken like someone who never tried killing an environmental object (something you need to do in multiple places across the game) on a condition build.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Man... I wish an Ele running fire would have burning immunity, water would have chill immunity, etc....

But then would a fire ele be instakilled by chill or a water ele be instakilled by fire?

What happens if you spec water
and
fire? Do you put the fire out or boil the water?

Would need to be the lead attunement.

It's only a pipe dream.

But they don't even do it for the PvE side with the environmental type creatures.

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:

Wonder why we cant regenerate wood nor metal trough magic, but we can make it bleed and poison? well cause it is Anet logic behind it...Spoken like someone who never tried killing an environmental object (something you need to do in multiple places across the game) on a condition build.

i dont pvd. nor do pve :DI 've played some condi biuilds just to learn how they work nothing more.

It is still a game design thing and to make game easyer, so every one feels strong or efficient rather than have to sacrfice one thing for another.

Every one wants to be carried with the condi spam, and expect no other thing ;) that is the issue here.Anet could just limit the condi type aplication damage on those environmental objects and increase damage depending its weakness, for example siege would get double damage from fire, metal(canons) could take damage from fire and poison that would work as deterioration.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Man... I wish an Ele running fire would have burning immunity, water would have chill immunity, etc....

But then would a fire ele be instakilled by chill or a water ele be instakilled by fire?

What happens if you spec water
and
fire? Do you put the fire out or boil the water?

Would need to be the lead attunement.

It's only a pipe dream.

But they don't even do it for the PvE side with the environmental type creatures.

Wich is another mistake, fire mobs should take more damage form other elemental type, and invunebility od damage reducing from other type, but gw2 players are to dumb overall for that kind of gameplay..Anet wants every 1 to easy win under some damage gimmick player players just need to press keys to feel strong rather than use counters and feel strong with the class and the options they choose from (a gameplay and design made for extremelly bad players and players that just want to get carried w/o thinking).

This is a game design thing, mostly know a game that lack's depth in it's design.

@X T D.6458 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Would need to be the lead attunement.

Guessing that attunement would be based around poisoning your foe.

Nice. :smiley:

Is it just me or is Lead attunement starting to sound pretty good?

Next Ele elite spec: The Smelter!

@Kovu.7560 said:That elite spec would certainly
lead
the others!

~ Kovu

collective groan

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Would need to be the lead attunement.

Guessing that attunement would be based around poisoning your foe.

Nice. :smiley:

Is it just me or is Lead attunement starting to sound pretty good?

Next Ele elite spec: The Smelter!

@Kovu.7560 said:That elite spec would certainly
lead
the others!

~ Kovu

collective groan

Strides plz, this idea is GOLD!

Archived