Role Play enhancements

Furious.1205

My girl & I are in a long distance relationship & only see each other once every 2 months therefore we spend a lot of time together in the virtual world. We are not always PVE-ing etc. We simply like to enjoy the moment & feel that if there were more things dedicated to the realism regarding your "Immersive" game experience then it would be a great benefit to so many like us. There is a market for it, for example, in Warcraft, your character can sit on objects, they can blow kisses etc.. In Second life you can sit, hold hands & hug. This can be done in a civil way; no hug has to be in poor taste; I.E: Sitting hugs while at the beach etc... OR romantic spots in game that have something to interact with that will allow you to hug someone that interacts with the same object, similar to the swim goggles you can find. In Lions arch there are beaches and there is what looks like a wedding area, perfect spot. There is a book of dances offered, why not a book of gestures? You could chose from multiple sits, (Even better if you can also not always be restricted to sit on the floor but in chairs & benches in capital cities) & maybe offer some unrestricted hugs (hug anywhere, not just at romantic spots) & other gestures offered in the book perhaps? Maybe bring back town clothes as skins, & as a side note if you sell bunny ears, umm where is the bunny pajamas? lolIn any case we still enjoy ourselves in game but wish to take it up a notch & hope a visionary sees the potential here! :)

Sitting is unlikely to ever happen. This was addressed early on the game in an interview where it was stated that was a decision they had to make during development and after weighing it up, they chose against it.

I think there is a case for more emotes and that would benefit a wider player base regardless of whether they role play as well. This has been requested a lot though, so I'm guessing a reason exists why they haven't added more

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the town clothes as skins get recently sorted? I think it went a bit under the radar though.

More emotes is what you want. I do too, we really need more emotes. No ,is not truly lore related... unless...Unless you add map related emotes! With animations that only relate to the lore of the place your character is currently. Specific Lion's Arch pirate gestures, Divinity's Reach faithful praying while slowly walking, super techie idle animation while in Rata Sum...I would love to see this!

• 1 month later...

As what Ardid stated, having emotes that interact with other players may not be possible sadly. However having more emotes like a sit and what not could be fun to have. Whether it'd come in the form of a book with many sitting animations, or some other way - I'd like some diversity as well when it comes to the emotes :3. Having beautiful/scenic vistas is also always a plus :D. There's quite a few in game as it stands, and I hope we get more and more without so much clutter from enemies and what not. I feel the game would be a lot more beautiful if they didn't cluster every single inch of it with hostiles.

@Randulf.7614 said:Sitting is unlikely to ever happen. This was addressed early on the game in an interview where it was stated that was a decision they had to make during development and after weighing it up, they chose against it.

I think there is a case for more emotes and that would benefit a wider player base regardless of whether they role play as well. This has been requested a lot though, so I'm guessing a reason exists why they haven't added more

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the town clothes as skins get recently sorted? I think it went a bit under the radar though.

I came back to make an account to tell you it did

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Sitting is unlikely to ever happen.

It happened.

@Randulf.7614 said:Sitting is unlikely to ever happen. This was addressed early on the game in an interview where it was stated that was a decision they had to make during development and after weighing it up, they chose against it.

I came back to make an account to tell you it did

And happy to be proven wrong as well

Archived