More Aquatic Item Skins Please

Before anything, I know that aquatic stuff isn't high among the priorities of the game. The complications and difficulties of balancing aquatic combat (3D combat in itself is a HUGE task) requires too many resources to be practical.However, aquatic combat is already in the game and even with the aforementioned caveat it still makes an appearance in most of the new content, from Ember Bay, to Bitterfrost Frontier, to PoF.I'm not asking for much, just cosmetics.

1. New aquatic weapon skins. Almost all of new weapon sets you've added to the game don't have any skins for aquatic weapons. Players are stuck with the older skins, a very limited set to choose from. I was thinking you could release a few aquatic weapons to go with the new weapon sets you've added in the game. I'm not asking for each and every new weapon set to get them- but a couple getting them would be nice.

2. New aquatic headgear. There are actually only 4 skins per armor class: benthic, consortium, metal (each all the same for light, medium, and heavy armor), plus one unique to each armor class- except that it's identical to existing terrestrial headgear skin (light is a stately circlet, medium is a rogue mask, heavy is a heavy plate helm). Given how few players can choose from, a few more would be nice. I'm not asking to match the number of new armor sets you've added to the game. I'm honestly just thinking three, two, or even just one, and even if shared across all three armor classes.

3. Following #2, an idea for the design of new water breather apparatus: some or any sort of design that covers the entire face of the character. Over the years, the game has added headgear skins that weren't so much headgear but actual facial features: glowing eyes (example: Glint's Gaze Mask), markings and scars (example: Mask of the Wanderer), or even the loss of an eye (example: Magnus's Left Eye Patch). Where all current aqua breather skins leave most of the face exposed, it's kind of jarring for supposedly permanent facial features to disappear just because you've put on fantasy SCUBA gear. Not only would new fully-face-concealing water breather skins solve this, it would mean designs that go beyond a simple cover for nose and mouth. I'm thinking full helms designed for breathing underwater, glass globes and bubbles, maybe even fish-head like headgear.

For your kind consideration. Thank you.

I'm entirely with the OP (except for covering the face. I am always at pains to find a good mask/helm that does NOT cover my character's face. I like to see their faces.)The lack of options for aquabreathers and other water-themed armor is sad. And some more options for underwater weapons would also be good.

Considering the recent discussions wishing for underwater mounts, maybe we can hope for a water-themed expansion, or at least a LS4 underwater episode.

I'd like dyable aquabrethers or just the introduction of the same skins in different colors. Also, I'd like my Rine-Rimmed Mariner's Aquabreather to unlock as a skin. Oh, and reusing a couple skins like the gas mask and karka helm as underwater skins (or just making them available as such to people that heve them unlocked) would be OK with me too.

Archived