Least played profession?

SirTomato.3627

Hi.

Recently bought the game, and I'm interested in one question: which profession/specialization is least popular right now?

I started out as necromancer, but it seems the most played profession and i feel myself like clone.

I played WoW before, and was fine as warlock. Not so much people played this class, but it was quite strong in right hands.

P.S. Sorry for my english, im trying without google translate.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:Either engineer or revenant. But, if you want to talk about particular specializations, then the rarest in PVE are Spellbreakers and Scrappers.

Scrapper is probably the least played spec in the entire game by far. It's useless in virtually every situation and bad in both PvP, PvE, and most WvW.

I think Rev is way less popular than Engineer though. It's been mediocre for a long time in PvE until POF, it requires an expansion to play, and it's really cookie cutter without much variation because most of its weapon options suck in reality. Holosmith was really good for Engi as it offers a way simpler class thats really fun to play. Rev didn't really get that with Renegade.

Excelsior.

You are asking for pressions, but if you count in elite specializations, I say it's both Deadeye and Scrapper.I've seen ONE other Deadeye yet since PoF, and I am not kidding!, I can't even remember how my forum icon looks like next to a healthbar because I can never click on another deadeye.., the same with the hammer icon of the scrapper.When you want to see clones, you should play Mesmer. Hanging in the starting zone you will see new players: Mesmer, Mesmer, Mesmer, Mesmer,...

I see revs A LOT though, in all game modes except PvP because i dont pvp so i cant say. Sure it has issues, but it's still played a lot. Engineer is the least played from what i've seen, especially scrapper. Deadeye probably rivals that for least played - though thief in general is played a lot (especially daredevil).

As people have been highlighting, it depends on the game mode and elite specs involved.

• In general, both revenant and engineer are some of the least played professions. Engineer is probably the most complicated core profession, and even simplifications like holo still deal with that complexity. Revenant is generally underpowered and somewhat complicated as well.
  • In PvE, engineer is probably the rarest profession. Most people only had alts for it for farming in the Lake Doric area, before that got nerfed.
  • In PvP, revenant is the least played, period. But that may change if the meta changes. Holosmith is played with increasing frequency, but still not the most common, and most people can't play it too well compared to engineer mains.
  • In WvW, engineer doesn't really have a place, so it's the least played.
  • As far as specs go, scrapper and deadeye are without a doubt the rarest elite specs. Because so few people already play engineer, and scrapper is pretty worthless, it just never makes an appearance. Deadeye is rare because it's very difficult to use well, very situational, and really weak if you don't know what you're doing. And in PvE, it's simply outperformed by every other thief build.

@Zedek.8932 said:Excelsior.

You are asking for pressions, but if you count in elite specializations, I say it's both Deadeye and Scrapper.I've seen ONE other Deadeye yet since PoF, and I am not kidding!, I can't even remember how my forum icon looks like next to a healthbar because I can never click on another deadeye..,

Deadeyes are quote common in WvW and PvP.

@"Oglaf.1074" said:The state of the Scrapper makes me very sad as the whole reason I made my Engi alt to begin with was to have a “cute” female Charr busting stuff up with a giant wrench.

You say "cute" like it's impossible for Charr to be big adorable fwuffy wuffy catmooses.

On a somewhat related note, I didn't see very many Engis in general until the Holosmith was introduced. It's a cool Elite but I feel it's more aesthetics and less survivability compared to the Scrapper.

Anywho I agree with the general consensus here that Revenant is too restricted in its customizability. Some additional skills that could be swapped out per each legend would add some versatility, even if just a second set.

Definitely Revenant, but it is a ton of fun and very rewarding once you get good at it. However, going zerker stats on Revenant seems to be the least rewarding right now (I could be wrong, just my impression from playing). DPS on Rev is all about going condition damage right now it seems.

Really good English, by the way.

probs rev. It's one of my mains along with ele. It'll be fun for some things, but in conquest pvp its just annoying to play sometimes. Without the ability to switch out individual skills and sorta being stuck with a kit you'll get frustrated with trying to adjust your build to the meta and you will often feel limited. Pve you can sorta do what you want and use some of the cooler skills because anything is effective in general pve content. But a definite lack of autonomy.

I would say revenant due to lack of customization and high dependence on elite specs to make it worthwhile.

I know engi is complex class, but I always felt elementalist was more complex, moreso with weaver. Am I wrong in thinking that?Also, what's wrong with scrapper? I thought it was doing well in pvp before PoF... did something change?

Archived