Can you get more than one banner from Blazing a Trail story? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Can you get more than one banner from Blazing a Trail story?

SnowHawk.3615SnowHawk.3615 Member ✭✭✭
edited January 27, 2018 in Players Helping Players

I was replaying the PoF story with a new character to see if I could get started in the other backpieces; I chose for the second time for Amnoon's allegiance, nothing happened. I received no banner from choosing a different path. So my question is: Can you only receive one banner per account? Or am I bugged?

Comments

• @Stitch.1794 said:
    You have to complete it with three different characters to get all three banners.

Each time offering a different recommendation to the council: Sunspears, Joke, or Neutral. And then each character has to complete the entire story (plus do a few other collection-related activities).

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• SnowHawk.3615SnowHawk.3615 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 27, 2018

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Stitch.1794 said:
    You have to complete it with three different characters to get all three banners.

Each time offering a different recommendation to the council: Sunspears, Joke, or Neutral. And then each character has to complete the entire story (plus do a few other collection-related activities).

Okidoki, so in order to get another of the aligned backpieces (joko/kormir/neutral) I have to do the entire story to receive the (in this instance) Kormir backpiece instead of the Amnoon one which was my first play through choice. :anguished:

• @SnowHawk.3615 said:

@Stitch.1794 said:

Okidoki, so in order to get another of the aligned backpieces (joko/kormir/neutral) I have to do the entire story to receive the (in this instance) Kormir backpiece instead of the Amnoon one which was my first play through choice. :anguished:

Yeah, it requires more of a time investment than most collections. However, it compares favorably to other collections/achievements that also reward ascended gear.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• SnowHawk.3615SnowHawk.3615 Member ✭✭✭

@SnowHawk.3615 said:

@Stitch.1794 said:

Yeah, it requires more of a time investment than most collections. However, it compares favorably to other collections/achievements that also reward ascended gear.

Yes, you're right!

• This is such Bull kitten on ArenaNet not allowing us to redo the mission to make a different choice. Since I already made the choice on my 9 characters, none of which chose Sunspear I cannot complete the achievement Raise the Banners: Sunspear Support. So either delete one of my nine characters or purchase another character slot, raise the character to 80 to select a different choice. That is total BULL kitten!

• @Kallan.4593 said:
    This is such Bull kitten on ArenaNet not allowing us to redo the mission to make a different choice. Since I already made the choice on my 9 characters, none of which chose Sunspear I cannot complete the achievement Raise the Banners: Sunspear Support. So either delete one of my nine characters or purchase another character slot, raise the character to 80 to select a different choice. That is total BULL kitten!

So... You did the story on nine characters before checking achievement requirements? And this is ANet's fault, somehow...?

• Haleydawn.3764Haleydawn.3764 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15, 2019

@Kallan.4593
    One would think, out of 9 characters, you'd select 1 of the 3 story alignments atleast once. :confused:
    Story rewards have always been awarded once per character. I don't see this changing because of this folly.
    One would also think that using the achievement panel for checking on these sorts of things would be common sense.
    Your only option would be to make a new character to get the remaining collection done. (Please do read the notes on that Wiki page.)

Better get a wriggle on.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.