(BUG) Riposting Shadows

BlazeQ.1095

Anyone else notice that Riposting Shadows is dodging "TOWARDS" the enemy fairly often. I would say about 50% of the time I have used it today instead of sending me backwards it moves me forward. Mainly when I am already trying to walk backwards. its getting very annoying to die because my skill doesn't work as intended.

@"BlazeQ.1095" said:Anyone else notice that Riposting Shadows is dodging "TOWARDS" the enemy fairly often. I would say about 50% of the time I have used it today instead of sending me backwards it moves me forward. Mainly when I am already trying to walk backwards. its getting very annoying to die because my skill doesn't work as intended.

Yep, happened a few times in the last days; I though that was my fault accidentally pushing Phase Traversal but nope: is Riposting Shadows.

Worst thing is that usually ended in a Scourge shade or something equally nasty.

@thebatman.6250 said:Can you be specific about these situations where RS is dodging toward your foe? RS will move your character depending the direction your back is facing. If your back is to your enemy then you will dodge to them.

To be more specific this happens most often when I am walking backwards away from my foe, then try to use Phase Traversal. I have also had it happen when not moving at all, and with my back pointed away from my foe.

@thebatman.6250 said:

@Justine.6351 said:I've had this happen also. Sometimes it's being feared but other times it's all on it's own. Idk why.

if your case your back is towards your foe so when you RS it will send you to your target. As for the OP I would like to see a clip of this bug in action just for reference

yes i know fear sends you away,and i also said sometimes it does it on its own.

@thebatman.6250 said:

@Justine.6351 said:I've had this happen also. Sometimes it's being feared but other times it's all on it's own. Idk why.

if your case your back is towards your foe so when you RS it will send you to your target. As for the OP I would like to see a clip of this bug in action just for reference

Would love to but my old PC just cant handle recording while I play.

@BlazeQ.1095 said:

Would love to but my old PC just cant handle recording while I play.

Fair enough. I'm just trying to think of a situation where I can replicate the issue myself.

• 1 month later...

This keeps happening; cost me a life a few minutes ago fighting in the center of the Temple of the Silent Storm creating a snowball reaction in which our whole team was wiped. The enemy team had two Scourges and the bug throw me inside their shades killing me in matter of seconds. We never had a chance to recover since that initial wipe.

@"Buran.3796" said:I recorded the bug several times (more than in this two samples, but I'm too busy to search all the incidents) Anyway, here there are:

Am I taking crazy pills or something? I watched your video like 20 times and it seems like it's working as intended... You're facing away from your target both times, so you roll towards them? It looks like maybe you're trying to use the about face button and it's not going through all the way, but that thing's buggy/slow to register/not synched with the animation sometimes anyways, you should always right click mouse turn to aim your ripostes and not trust the about face key.

@Buran.3796 said:Can be caused due getting the fear debuff while using the skill? Because every time which happens to me seems to be against Necros or classes with that debuff...

On review of my own play it seems likely to be just this. The nature of on-point fear attacks from necromancer/scourge can often times lead to you missing the fact you were feared if you use riposting shadows to evade incoming attacks but were too slow by a millisecond or something.

@Buran.3796 said:Can be caused due getting the fear debuff while using the skill? Because every time which happens to me seems to be against Necros or classes with that debuff...

If you're stunned or feared or otherwise not in control of your character and try to mouse-turn, the camera will move but your character will remain facing the direction they were stunned in until you are able to move them again. I think this is probably whats happening to you, as you're also using it as a stun break in that one sample at mid. RS will always take you in the opposite direction your toon is facing, it has nothing to do with the actual positioning of the enemy or your camera. You can definitely see it in the second example you posted because your hammer is always on the right side of your character's body and your ascension wing tips are pointing away from the enemy the entire time--both solid indicators that you're going to RS towards them.

But don't worry, it's actually a good thing... Once you get used to it, RS can be used as a gap closing alternative to PT that has several handy uses--less energy, procs fury (Incensed Responce), clears soft cc, won't automatically trigger shocking aura when you land, doesn't make you take damage from any trap/field/mark in between you and your target, etc.

Archived