Weaver/Soulbeast broken sustain traits, still not OP. buff dmg.

Daniel Handler.4816

Elemental attunement and cleansing ripple are broken and offer their benefits when attuning to the same element (with the exception of earth). Yet even though this gives ele much more cleanse and healing over time, they still don't have the sustain to make an impact on this meta. Perhaps this bug should be a feature and they should update rock solid and elemental attunement (earth).

Predator's cunning is broken and lifesteals using the poison fields of spiders, murellow, and devourers. These aoe procs of the trait give considerable healing when used on groups, and yet soulbeast is not making an impact. Perhaps this should be a feature and all poison applications from the pet should be updated.

Either way its disappointing that the specs with broken traits aren't competing well with functioning classes.

Edit:

Even with the extra sustain they aren't OP. And this says two things.

1. The sustain was still not high enough to let them run glassier amulets.
  2. The dmg was way too low for them to be competitive in their regular amulets, even with extra sustain.

To avoid immortal bruisers anet should buff damage.

Edit: ahh I misunderstood. Hmm. I dont see it gaining healing from pet fields to be broken. It only makes sense to me actually. (Game wise not reality wise) In fact i can only say GOOD that it does. Though I wish rangers didnt have to use awful pets to make use of a rather mediocre trait. Barring using dagger that is.

I dont think it should be a FEATURE though. I assume you mean attaching it to one of the minor traits so that all soulbeasts get it? Im kinda leery on that. Yeah its a gimmick but gimmicks get blown into the realm of op very quickly and seemingly on complete accident. We have seen it before. Id like to see the trait become more relevant though so I am kidna on the fence on that.

I do feel poison application on pets need an update though. But not so much as the relevant pets themselves need updates. Devourer skills are fairly bad in the current game mode. Being highly unreliable or in the case of the retreating evade completely pointless or downright harmful. Devourer auto attack never got the projectile speed increase if I remember right. (If I remember right it can still be sidestepped or it will launch itself 80 degrees in the wrong direction on a target thats quickly changing directions) And its 10% chance per projectile to apply poison isn't quite enough anymore. Thats just an example though.

@Wichidi.9281 said:weaver has more than enough sustain.... they are lacking dmg thats the issue. they were meant to be a bruiser but ended up being tanks.

@Ario.8964 said:They need damage buffs, not sustain buffs. You buff sustain and you'll start seeing threads complaining abbout immortal weavers then we will be nerfed into uselessness.

They go hand in hand, I should have specified.

It feels Soulbeast and Weaver need to run berserker amulet to have competitive damage, but it's hard to pull off even with this extra sustain. You are right to say tankiness is not the correct direction. But it would be an indirect damage buff.

Buffing damage is the better solution.

@Shadelang.3012 said:Edit: ahh I misunderstood. Hmm. I dont see it gaining healing from pet fields to be broken. It only makes sense to me actually. (Game wise not reality wise) In fact i can only say GOOD that it does. Though I wish rangers didnt have to use awful pets to make use of a rather mediocre trait. Barring using dagger that is.

I dont think it should be a FEATURE though. I assume you mean attaching it to one of the minor traits so that all soulbeasts get it?.....

No. The trait should be reworded to proc every time you or pet applies poison.

I had wanted to do a poison build since PoF beta but it took them so long to fix spider soulbeast f2 so you didn't launch poison gas over the enemies head. I'm just exploring it now, so I can say the trait is not mediocre. It procs per stack. It's just that supporting it is difficult.

It activates with Refined Toxins and Poison Master but those traits are not best in slot for Wilderness Survival and they have threshold/swaps limits.

Ignoring pets, the the best way to make use of it is vipers nest. Vulture stance is too easily avoid. As is whirling defense in poison field.

As for pets I've been trying spider/spider or spider/murellow to spam poison fields but mostly in melee. I'll try double spider with longbow later.

Edit: The pet poison fields are bugged, and this time not in a good way. If you stand farther away from your target the pet will shoot the field farther away. E.g if you use a longbow from max range it is impossible for the spider to land poison gas.

As bunker druid works how it works there is no purpose for any sword/something weaver build in this meta.I know that many focus on damage but it's not simply problem of damage values:

1. It just too easy on just anything to remove boons so no purpose in might stacking...yet somehow dev's think it's still viable
  2. Arcane fury change -> big no no for hybrid builds ( for example no viper for us)
  3. Low reach on slow sword skills so we need to hug people.
  4. Basically on how internal coolodown works we cannot follow-up our quite good cc chains with damage.
  5. We have new elite? Yea it's called fire gs lol. Why it couldn't be just simply different gravity well I don't know...

We also got fresh weaver but it offers far to less in comparison to thief/Mesmer as +1. Unfortunately few stupid buffs it might become something really broken. Still as it's I think core s/f is just more flexible and optimal build but maybe it's me.

@Mr Godlike.6098 said:As bunker druid works how it works there is no purpose for any sword/something weaver build in this meta.I know that many focus on damage but it's not simply problem of damage values:

1. It just too easy on just anything to remove boons so no purpose in might stacking...yet somehow dev's think it's still viable
  2. Arcane fury change -> big no no for hybrid builds ( for example no viper for us)
  4. Basically on how internal coolodown works we cannot follow-up our quite good cc chains with damage.
  5. We have new elite? Yea it's called fire gs lol. Why it couldn't be just simply different gravity well I don't know...

We also got fresh weaver but it offers far to less in comparison to thief/Mesmer as +1. Unfortunately few stupid buffs it might become something really broken. Still as it's I think core s/f is just more flexible and optimal build but maybe it's me.

I have hope.

@"Karl McLain.5604" said

We are planning PvP/WvW splits, changes to the Confusion condition, regeneration effectiveness prioritization, boon/condition conversion table changes... PLUS MORE!! There are some mesmer changes we're excited about and hope to talk them about in more detail as we draw nearer to the update. Stay tuned!

This seems helpful. Ele is more vulnerable to confusion and corruption than any other profession because it's so reliant on boon uptime and a multiple skills.

Corruption is particularly painful this meta because gaining regen outside of water comes with vigor/swiftness. You can never deal with scourge spam because high regen/vigor/swiftness uptime just means high poison/bleeding/cripple uptime.

I made a post on this a while back. No one responded to it but maybe the devs saw it?https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/8345/a-compromise-lower-the-base-duration-stacks-on-converting-boons-conditions-in-pvp-wvw

@Daniel Handler.4816 said:

@Mr Godlike.6098 said:As bunker druid works how it works there is no purpose for any sword/something weaver build in this meta.I know that many focus on damage but it's not simply problem of damage values:

I have hope.

@"Karl McLain.5604" said

We are planning PvP/WvW splits, changes to the Confusion condition, regeneration effectiveness prioritization, boon/condition conversion table changes... PLUS MORE!! There are some mesmer changes we're excited about and hope to talk them about in more detail as we draw nearer to the update. Stay tuned!

This seems helpful. Ele is more vulnerable to confusion and corruption than any other profession because it's so reliant on boon uptime and a multiple skills.

Corruption is particularly painful this meta because gaining regen outside of water comes with vigor/swiftness. You can never deal with scourge spam because high regen/vigor/swiftness uptime just means high poison/bleeding/cripple uptime.

I made a post on this a while back. No one responded to it but maybe the devs saw it?

You might understand it wrong - devs might do something about boon corruption table but accessibility to this skill might remain the same so it won't matter at all.

And about mirage vs sword weaver = we don't care, we already can deal with this.

It might help if anet has an idea on what purpose they want for weaver, and for that matter, deadeye and rev, to serve in the current meta.

From what i could see weaver has enough sustain but it isn't as fast as druid and doesn't have enough damage to finish someone off. So first they need to define if weaver is to be a dps team fighter, a +1 spike dps, or a point staller and buff accordingly.

@Mr Godlike.6098 said:

I have hope.

@"Karl McLain.5604" said

I made a post on this a while back. No one responded to it but maybe the devs saw it?

You might understand it wrong - devs might do something about boon corruption table but accessibility to this skill might remain the same so it won't matter at all.

And about mirage vs sword weaver = we don't care, we already can deal with this.

It's a bit of both. Weaver can't apply boons fast enough to negate removal/corruption. And the current table is incredibly unfair.

All vigor traits on ele are useless now. Whatever benefit you got from the boon, or from the method you got it, is completely counteracted by the 3 stacks of bleeding it converts to. This has killed the tempest. It already had the uncontrollable boon spam but wasting auras to remove condi so we can die to poison/bleed? No thank you.

@Kuya.6495 said:It might help if anet has an idea on what purpose they want for weaver, and for that matter, deadeye and rev, to serve in the current meta.

From what i could see weaver has enough sustain but it isn't as fast as druid and doesn't have enough damage to finish someone off. So first they need to define if weaver is to be a dps team fighter, a +1 spike dps, or a point staller and buff accordingly.

You don't define ele/rev/ranger/engie. They define themselves. That's the point of being a generalist. If you want to play an easily defined profession go with warrior/guardian/thief/necromancer/mesmer.

The problem is they nerfed boon uptime, and buffed boon hate. The sustain is not enough. Sustained healing means nothing unless there is also sustained damage and sustained defense. Otherwise, you're just camping defensive rotations and doing nothing.

The sustain will never be enough unless boons are restored or Weaver gets burst healing/damage that can't be corrupted like Druid or Holosmith.

@Daniel Handler.4816 said:

@Kuya.6495 said:It might help if anet has an idea on what purpose they want for weaver, and for that matter, deadeye and rev, to serve in the current meta.

You don't define ele/rev/ranger/engie. They define themselves. That's the point of being a generalist. If you want to play an easily defined profession go with warrior/guardian/thief/necromancer/mesmer.

The problem is they nerfed boon uptime, and buffed boon hate. The sustain is
not
enough. Sustained healing means nothing unless there is also sustained damage and sustained defense. Otherwise, you're just camping defensive rotations and doing nothing.

The sustain will never be enough unless boons are restored or Weaver gets burst healing/damage that can't be corrupted like Druid or Holosmith.

I don't think most people want to go back to the boon bot meta either.

Archived