Dark screenshots

Sieg.9248

I play the game using Full Screen 1920 x 1080 gamma 1.33, but when I take screenshots they're definitely darker. Any clue how to fix this?

Edit: Regardless of what my gamma is the screenshot always stays dark, and I can't find any solutions. I've only found one other thread regarding this issue (https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/17166/gamma-in-screenshots-question) and it has no replies! Can anyone help please?

I'm using at GTX 1050 TI and I'm tad bit confused about the shader, I haven't changed any colors other than in game so I don't think that would be the problem (not sure though) thank you for the fast reply, let me know if you need any more information to help me solve this!

This is a problem that i have been dealing with lately, at first i thought it was the fact that i was using sweetFX or something to do with my graphics driver settings but nothing seemed to be working. Eventually i found that the problem was looking at the screenshots through windows photo viewer. When opening the image in paint or any other program it looked exactly as it does in game but previewing it in windows photo viewer had darkened the image considerably and a quick google search showed many other people having the same issue with this program as well.

That was the problem for me anyways, I'm not sure if you're using windows photo viewer but if you are that is most likely the issue.

It may be intentional. A screenshot (as an image file) is supposed to be portable and may be created using a neutral gamma profile. Otherwise, it would look right on your system and washed out on everyone else's. If you find that your monitor is consistently darker than others you may want to make adjustments to the hardware settings or the video driver rather than adjusting in-game settings.

Archived