sPvP Spellbreaker

whoknocks.4935

Hey guys, the meta build of spellbreaker runs demolisher amulet, rune of surging and healing signet.

Apart from healing signet there isn't another viable heal option? I feel like you get bursted you die all the times because you don't have that good heal to recover, but healing signet is good in prolongued fights in which you kite a lot, thanks even to the defense heal trait.

And about demolisher... I feel the extra toughness doesn't do much, is it not better go straight berserker for the same hp pool but higher damage losing a bit of toughness?

Everytime I play against a spellbreaker with my holo or dragonhunter or spellbreaker itself i feel like he almost oneshot me doing those 8k bursts with GS burst skill.When I play it i barely do 4k lol

What build use the top spellbreaker players in spvp?

Warrior in PVP is trash with all the nerfs. In a 1 vs 1 it performs OK, but in organized groups, if you get targeted, you are a dead man in 0.05 seconds.It is a shame that warrior (a melee class) does shit damage while other classes with 1200+ range can output insane DPS. PvP is trash, that is the main reason I never play that game mode. I have been playing 5 years, and I have not step foot on PvP for more than 15 minutes straight. PvP is horrendous for warriors, each time they get!

@Hitman.5829 said:Warrior in PVP is trash with all the nerfs. In a 1 vs 1 it performs OK, but in organized groups, if you get targeted, you are a dead man in 0.05 seconds.It is a shame that warrior (a melee class) does kitten damage while other classes with 1200+ range can output insane DPS. PvP is trash, that is the main reason I never play that game mode. I have been playing 5 years, and I have not step foot on PvP for more than 15 minutes straight. PvP is horrendous for warriors, each time they get!

Are you serious? Spellbreaker still in meta even after the nerfs lol you might be playing a different game.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:Warrior in PVP is trash with all the nerfs. In a 1 vs 1 it performs OK, but in organized groups, if you get targeted, you are a dead man in 0.05 seconds.It is a shame that warrior (a melee class) does kitten damage while other classes with 1200+ range can output insane DPS. PvP is trash, that is the main reason I never play that game mode. I have been playing 5 years, and I have not step foot on PvP for more than 15 minutes straight. PvP is horrendous for warriors, each time they get!

Are you serious? Spellbreaker still in meta even after the nerfs lol you might be playing a different game.

Ok, I recently got in PvP just to duel people in one of those dueling arenas. I fought this warrior dude and I owned him so many times with 0 defeats, then he brings his power mirrage and I own him but less times, then he changes build to condi mirrage and he owns me so bad within 5 - 10 seconds.

That is just one example of many, in which skill is not required in PvP, only builds are enough to kill you, specially condi builds. Warrior in PvP is trash, you can only shine as a warrior if you fight other warriors. The other classes hare so F---ing OP with all their fancy stealth, teleports, teleports up cliffs, and kitting.

A warrior has 0 chance at winning against these teleport classes because all they need to do is teleport up cliffs and the fight is reset! That is so pathetic!

@Hitman.5829 said:

Ok, I recently got in PvP just to duel people in one of those dueling arenas. I fought this warrior dude and I owned him so many times with 0 defeats, then he brings his power mirrage and I own him but less times, then he changes build to condi mirrage and he owns me so bad within 5 - 10 seconds.

That is just one example of many, in which skill is not required in PvP, only builds are enough to kill you, specially condi builds. Warrior in PvP is trash, you can only shine as a warrior if you fight other warriors. The other classes hare so F---ing OP with all their fancy stealth, teleports, teleports up cliffs, and kitting.

A warrior has 0 chance at winning against these teleport classes because all they need to do is teleport up cliffs and the fight is reset! That is so pathetic!

I AM TALKING OF SPVP CONQUEST MODE! AND NOT SOME RANDOM 1VS1 ARENA.

Please if you have to say a bunch of nonsense just don't bother answer, there is a reason why it is still present in meta.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

I AM TALKING OF SPVP CONQUEST MODE! AND NOT SOME RANDOM 1VS1 ARENA.

Please if you have to say a bunch of nonsense just don't bother answer, there is a reason why it is still present in meta.

OK, present in meta only for boon removals; remove that ability and the warrior goes back to the shelf. Warriors are only good at doping bubbles and removing boons.Warrior is not even good at dealing DPS because most of their skills are maximum 3 man targets and 1 man target.

First regarding healing signet. The reason people take healing signet is that its passive is very strong constant heal, and its active can be useful in terms of resistance. I've seen a handful of people take Natural Healing or mending, but the real issue with those is the cast time and getting interrupted. When paired with adrenal health, the passive healing on warrior is what makes its sustain strong.

In regards to amulet. Demolisher is typically taken because warrior has a high base vitality and there are a few good power DPS classes in the meta (i.e. holo/thief). Its kind of a 'catch all' amulet. In a solo queue setting, you could adjust your amulet according to the comp of both teams. Say for instance the enemy team has a condi mesmer, 2 condi necros, a firebrand, and a druid, then you really don't need the extra toughness and would benefit more from marauder amulet. Demo is the best amulet if you never want to change, but in certain setups you can use something else.

@ButterPeanut.9746 said:First regarding healing signet. The reason people take healing signet is that its passive is very strong constant heal, and its active can be useful in terms of resistance. I've seen a handful of people take Natural Healing or mending, but the real issue with those is the cast time and getting interrupted. When paired with adrenal health, the passive healing on warrior is what makes its sustain strong.

In regards to amulet. Demolisher is typically taken because warrior has a high base vitality and there are a few good power DPS classes in the meta (i.e. holo/thief). Its kind of a 'catch all' amulet. In a solo queue setting, you could adjust your amulet according to the comp of both teams. Say for instance the enemy team has a condi mesmer, 2 condi necros, a firebrand, and a druid, then you really don't need the extra toughness and would benefit more from marauder amulet. Demo is the best amulet if you never want to change, but in certain setups you can use something else.

Thanks :D yeah currently sticking to demo, for rune, surging remains the best?

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@ButterPeanut.9746 said:First regarding healing signet. The reason people take healing signet is that its passive is very strong constant heal, and its active can be useful in terms of resistance. I've seen a handful of people take Natural Healing or mending, but the real issue with those is the cast time and getting interrupted. When paired with adrenal health, the passive healing on warrior is what makes its sustain strong.

Thanks :D yeah currently sticking to demo, for rune, surging remains the best?

That is what most people take yes. Like I mentioned above, this is your best baseline IMO, but you can optimize a bit on a match-by-match basis.

Sigil wise there is more options IMO. Agility, Energy, Cleansing, Intelligence, Revocation, Annulment all have some use cases.

@whoknocks.4935 said:Hey guys, the meta build of spellbreaker runs demolisher amulet, rune of surging and healing signet.

Apart from healing signet there isn't another viable heal option? I feel like you get bursted you die all the times because you don't have that good heal to recover, but healing signet is good in prolongued fights in which you kite a lot, thanks even to the defense heal trait.

And about demolisher... I feel the extra toughness doesn't do much, is it not better go straight berserker for the same hp pool but higher damage losing a bit of toughness?

Everytime I play against a spellbreaker with my holo or dragonhunter or spellbreaker itself i feel like he almost oneshot me doing those 8k bursts with GS burst skill.When I play it i barely do 4k lol

no offense, but its a learn to play issue. sb can tank lots of dmg with demo. dont dodge when u dont have to, dont use ur whirlwind mindlessly same as ur block.

dont fight like a gladiator until u. u got to LOS and kite as war. regen time and go back into the fight. use ur surroundings annnnnd try to never waste full counters. even a thief can easily be kited when ur low hp by just timing ur whirlwind well and cc them in the right moment with dagger 3.

keep practicing and im sure ull be doing fine. any other heal is not worth it tho tbh.

@Wichidi.9281 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:Hey guys, the meta build of spellbreaker runs demolisher amulet, rune of surging and healing signet.

no offense, but its a learn to play issue. sb can tank lots of dmg with demo. dont dodge when u dont have to, dont use ur whirlwind mindlessly same as ur block.

dont fight like a gladiator until u. u got to LOS and kite as war. regen time and go back into the fight. use ur surroundings annnnnd try to never waste full counters. even a thief can easily be kited when ur low hp by just timing ur whirlwind well and cc them in the right moment with dagger 3.

keep practicing and im sure ull be doing fine. any other heal is not worth it tho tbh.

Learn to play issue what? I wasn't complaining that i was dying too much as spellbreakers, just saying when i use it and i use gs burst skill i do 3k 4k damage, when i receive it from other spellbreaker i get 7k 8k, i dont think they run zerk amulet...

@whoknocks.4935 said:

Learn to play issue what? I wasn't complaining that i was dying too much as spellbreakers, just saying when i use it and i use gs burst skill i do 3k 4k damage, when i receive it from other spellbreaker i get 7k 8k, i dont think they run zerk amulet...

If the spellbreaker is using might make right and the tender trait, will be very easy to reach 20+ might and thus easy to hit very hard. If your hp is below 50%, 7-8k hp or even higher is possible.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

strength line is just used by core warriors. if u cant play properly vs other spellbreakers as spellbreaker its not an issue with ur set up. just practice. zerk amulet doesnt hit a lot higher than demo so the toughness is rly nice to have. on my core war i run zerk amulet tho.

i recommend u watching streams on twitch to see how good warriors are playing.

u were asking about top players and i can asure u that boyce (best war EU) uses demo and surging runes and healing signet. then again idk what u consider a top player.. since many good players arent playing atm. myself i am playing in plat3 dunno if thats good enough to take my advice but i was serious about my last post. i left u some good advices.

another good advice is probably to be more careful when it comes to animations and dodge obvious things. also... u can counter ur enemies CD when it comes to whirlwind in order to know when to expect whirlwind. stuff like shield bash and dagger f1 should always be dodged.

if u wanna see good gameplay watch this video from boyce:

this is a real proper spellbreaker gameplay.

good luck

@Wichidi.9281 said:

strength line is just used by core warriors. if u cant play properly vs other spellbreakers as spellbreaker its not an issue with ur set up. just practice. zerk amulet doesnt hit a lot higher than demo so the toughness is rly nice to have. on my core war i run zerk amulet tho.

u were asking about top players and i can asure u that boyce (best war EU) uses demo and surging runes and healing signet. then again idk what u consider a top player.. since many good players arent playing atm. myself i am playing in plat3 dunno if thats good enough to take my advice but i was serious about my last post. i left u some good advices.

another good advice is probably to be more careful when it comes to animations and dodge obvious things. also... u can counter ur enemies CD when it comes to whirlwind in order to know when to expect whirlwind. stuff like shield bash and dagger f1 should always be dodged.

good luck

Spellbreaker can't use Strength line until they un-nerf Might Makes Right. Days of perma-dodge are over for now.

@Wichidi.9281 said:

good luck

Thanks for the video feedback, but again, never said i struggle or cannot kill other spellbreakers... just saying if i am dragonhunter against an enemy spellbreaker he does to me crazy damage landing properly the stuns and all, and playing myself spellbreaker against a dh i don't output that high damage even if stun and change to gs2 and gs burst etc. Just this, i wasn't complaining of being rekt by other professions while playing sb.Anyway thanks.

@MarshallLaw.9260 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:PvP is trash...I have been playing 5 years, I have not step foot on PvP for more than 15 minutes...

So we all get this straight, you're saying that you are a seasoned expert of the PvP scene?

The real fights happen in WvW where you encounter 10 vs 2 or 10 vs 1. WvW is where the real skill is. PvP is for noobs that want to fight even fights.

It's been a while since I've PvPed, but I think I should still be able to to contribute (I still WvW, so am used to fighting).

About the Healing Signet: it's the best by far, the passive has a good healing, and the active is quite useful when you get condi-burst, even if admittedly a spellbreaker has good sources of resistance. Other heals have two issues: they can be interrupted when cast, and they signal the opponent the warrior has suddenly way less sustain for a long time (you'll receive too much heat then).

About demolisher: this is a good question. In 1v1, arguably berserker can be better, especially when facing a class with lots of sustain. However, PvP is all about rotating and as a warrior you'll often fight in outnumbered situations, especially as you have limited kiting potential (no stealth, no teleport, no aoe pressure, average mobility...). Demolisher is much better in these situations, it's probably the best rune for a power warrior.

About surging: this is another good question. It's a very good rune, although the casting of the signet is quite visible to enemies. In the past you could cancel the cast of the signet as a fighting tactic, maybe it still works, and kind of synergizes with surging (haven't tried). Other runes are probably still good as well, like pack, strength or scrapper.

About damage: this is probably subjective. Damage depends on boons (might on self, protection), conditions (vulnerability), and bonus modifier (yours and theirs). Maybe they're paying a better attention than you do to the opponent's active modifiers (it's a pain to monitor these freaking icons though). Also, your opponents may not be playing meta spellbreaker at all times, e.g. core warrior. Core warrior is strong, more than people suspect even after the nerf of Might Makes Right, and its burst potential is lethal is expert hands.

To conclude, some free personal thought on Spellbreaker. I think the spec is a semi-success, or semi-failure, matter of perspective. Boon stripping is an interesting concept on the paper, but I feel it goes the wrong way (a counter to power creep rather than an overall nerf of power creep), and it is arguably way inferior to corruption. The sustain brought by the spec is good, but at the price of impact - something that was wanted, but gives a bad taste when playing it. Overall, the warrior is still carried by Discipline and Defense, to the point than Strength is a serious competitor to Spellbreaker, even now.

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:PvP is trash...I have been playing 5 years, I have not step foot on PvP for more than 15 minutes...

So we all get this straight, you're saying that you are a seasoned expert of the PvP scene?

The real fights happen in WvW where you encounter 10 vs 2 or 10 vs 1. WvW is where the real skill is. PvP is for noobs that want to fight even fights.WvW is where Warrior is broken.
  • 80% of the players at duelling spots are Warriors for a reason.
  • The tank-bots in the zerg-frontline (who are still decent duellists on top of their sustain and escape mechanics) are Spellbreakers for a reason.

But thanks that we finally got an impression about what you were talking about, when you said you are a "pro warrior".

@whoknocks.4935 said:

good luck

Thanks for the video feedback, but again, never said i struggle or cannot kill other spellbreakers... just saying if i am dragonhunter against an enemy spellbreaker he does to me crazy damage landing properly the stuns and all, and playing myself spellbreaker against a dh i don't output that high damage even if stun and change to gs2 and gs burst etc. Just this, i wasn't complaining of being rekt by other professions while playing sb.Anyway thanks.

well.. i guess its just training. u might have more experience playing dragonhunter than spellbreaker. im sure ull be doing just fine if u practice but the set up u have atm is alrdy the way to go :)

@Hitman.5829 said:

The real fights happen in WvW where you encounter 10 vs 2 or 10 vs 1. WvW is where the real skill is. PvP is for noobs that want to fight even fights.

not really. the only challange in wvw are duels and outnumbered roaming. and from my experience (im coming from bg as well btw o/ ) most ppl in wvw are just scrubs that are used to zerging or having higher numbers and cant deal with equal numbers. meanwhile when i que pvp in lets say plat 3 leg 1, my enemies are all skilled and its an equal skill level 5v5. where as if ur a good player ur better than 98% of the ppl in wvw.

Archived