Item Restoration Question

I was playing around creating new characters as I often do, and put my account-bound permanent tools on one. I changed my mind and deleted it forgetting that I had the tools equipped. I'm not super bummed about it because they are only tools but I am bummed about the 3000 gems they cost me. I know Arena Net has a weird stance on character restoration and I do have a ticket open but they are taking forever to respond. Am I wasting my time? Will they restore the character or tools? Perhaps even refund the gems?

Not sure about any 'weird stance'. The CS Team usually restores deleted characters and/or items when requested, politely, to do so.
There may be a higher volume of tickets than usual; it seems it is taking a bit longer than the usual 72 hours for responses/resolutions. Once your ticket makes its way through the queue, the CS Team will assist you.

Good luck.

I dissagree with the stance being weird. The stance is no. But effectively, they do it.The difference is that you are not entitled to it and if you loose the same item once per week they can decline based on the stance. As IC mentioned, if you requested it politely (also offering apologising for the inconvinience you are causing helps a lot), I am sure you'll get it back.

"I accidentally deleted a character that I equipped with permanent tools from the gem store and I need to have either the character or tools restored. Please and thank you."

That is copied directly from my open ticket.I understand the common courtesy of being polite but this makes it feel like it's a conditional requirement when something like this happens. Something that I was not aware of. It was an honest mistake and I certainly was not rude or demanding in my ticket but it's been more than five days, now. The technology exists and I don't think that it's fair to "ignore" my ticket because someone somewhere felt that it may have been anything less than neutral.

@"Naidarim.9263" said:

"I accidentally deleted a character that I equipped with permanent tools from the gem store and I need to have either the character or tools restored. Please and thank you."

That is copied directly from my open ticket.I understand the common courtesy of being polite but this makes it feel like it's a conditional requirement when something like this happens. Something that I was not aware of. It was an honest mistake and I certainly was not rude or demanding in my ticket but it's been more than five days, now. The technology exists and I don't think that it's fair to "ignore" my ticket because someone somewhere felt that it may have been anything less than neutral.

I don't think your ticket is being "ignored". I think they're most likely just busy and haven't gotten to it yet.

This is the only thing I miss about Blizzard. They had the best and quickest customer service. My ex deleted all my toons a few times when he got mad at me and they had no problem restoring the items. Now i deleted stuff myself because of flakiness caused by medications. Sometimes you just can't win.

• 1 year later...

@"Vavrin.4785" said:

You request sounds fine to me, brief and clear. Be patient, i'm sure someone will get to you. They certainly won't ignore you completely, it just sometimes takes a while.

You have to be patient on the responses, and they may ask you for some proof and such, but they'll get it resolved.
I've had them return deleted items, as well as replace items (crafted the wrong gift for a legendary one time).In spite of delays and other issues I've had with Anet, they appear to take lost items seriously. Just takes some time.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

@"Vavrin.4785" said:

You request sounds fine to me, brief and clear. Be patient, i'm sure someone will get to you. They certainly won't ignore you completely, it just sometimes takes a while.

If that was the whole ticket, it's no wonder it took a while. No information about:

• Name, race, sex, class, level of character
  • When it was deleted
  • Which "home world"
  • Which tools
  • anything concrete.

I did the same thing, deleting a character who was carrying the basic unbreakables (so it was "only" (!) 2400 gems), and I provided all the information I cited, and no problem. They confirmed that they had found the right character, then mailed me a replacement set of tools. The key point is that the more concrete information you provide, the easier (and faster) it is for them to find the character.

• 1 year later...

Needed to necro this because the above isn't entirely true. Based on my recent encounter with CS for this same issue:

They'll do it once, and I quote: "As a courtesy", but they will absolutely refuse to do it twice, no matter how nice you are. While the fault is my own, and that has been owned up in the thread more than once, they just don't want to do it, and will use the "Fool me once..." saying's logic to justify why they won't do it again, effectively telling you that you just lost that money. They did apologize for the inconvenience, though!

So, in conclusion, hold onto your real-world dollar valued items for dear life and do go through any trouble to make sure you never delete them. It's your fault, and "there's nothing they can do about it (for the second time)"