Plans for Team ranks?

zoopop.5630

They need to show some form of team rankings like S1 and S2 did. Right now the game's guild functions support creating and labeling 5 man guild spvp teams but there is absolutely no reason for that UI to even exist. These kind of lack luster guild functions are what makes people not care to join guilds at all because they aren't necessary and/or provide no real perks for investing time to practice with a team. At this rate, the game truly will be entirely solo que mind framed within the next year.

Right now, the only real reasons to ever join a guild in Guild Wars 2 is for raids and wvw because these are the only two game modes that require/reward focused guild effort and have guild function UIs that actually make sense and help with those game modes. This should change.

@shippage.1983 said:Daily automated tournament.

Pls don't ruin ranked queue with teams.

yea because every 5-6 hours for an AT makes perfectly good sense for a team to play on and wait to do.....you know SOME of us are over 18 years old with college, work and a family and not everyone can make it to AT all the time(even though i join a decent amount) as a team because of the hours it's based on.

their needs to be something else besides unrank stomp match ups and AT's that can offer teams something else.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:They need to show some form of team rankings like S1 and S2 did. Right now the game's guild functions support creating and labeling 5 man guild spvp teams but there is absolutely no reason for that UI to even exist. These kind of lack luster guild functions are what makes people not care to join guilds at all because they aren't necessary and/or provide no real perks for investing time to practice with a team. At this rate, the game truly will be entirely solo que mind framed within the next year.

Right now, the only real reasons to ever join a guild in Guild Wars 2 is for raids and wvw because these are the only two game modes that require/reward focused guild effort and have guild function UIs that actually make sense and help with those game modes. This should change.

pretty much even making a guild for AT purposes has lost it's feel to be honest, hence why im moving into WvW.

You realize the entire first 1-2+ years of the game was completely focused on teams and it had a tiny population. There isn't enough interest to support a healthy ladder so new teams immediately go up against top vets and disband in like a day, which is exactly what would happen to the few people who ask for this on the forum.

For every 1 guy who comes on here demanding 5v5 teams there are 50 who prefer solo.

@Jacobin.8509 said:You realize the entire first 1-2+ years of the game was completely focused on teams and it had a tiny population. There isn't enough interest to support a healthy ladder so new teams immediately go up against top vets and disband in like a day, which is exactly what would happen to the few people who ask for this on the forum.

For every 1 guy who comes on here demanding 5v5 teams there are 50 who prefer solo.

Ok ,but vets have years of experience playing in a team, now if someone wanna start a team to got praticce have to join unranked ,or try tournament.i think a team ranked season after solo season just will add on game, couse the time skip to next solo will be the same , and new teams will got the constantly experienceto play together ,starters need a serious constantly team play to be so good as a vet (who probably starts play on ''first 1-2+ years of the game was completely focused on teams '')

ps i am a noob solo player and no have plans to start a team yet

Turing off solo queue for a season will never happen. They literally offered cash rewards via ESL and still 5v5 ranked did not become popular outside of a small number of vets.

The bottom line is that there is simply not enough interest to create a sustainable ranked 5v5 in GW2. The ship has sailed.

@Jacobin.8509 said:You realize the entire first 1-2+ years of the game was completely focused on teams and it had a tiny population. There isn't enough interest to support a healthy ladder so new teams immediately go up against top vets and disband in like a day, which is exactly what would happen to the few people who ask for this on the forum.

I'm talking about for ATs bro.

A bronze should be too low level to team with a silver. If the ranks are different, then the team mates should not be able to be on the same team. Or make it on a points scale, maybe they have to be within 100 points of each other to be on the same team. And disconnects should only penalize the one disconnecting, with both points and the loss. The whole team should not have the loss count toward the leaderboard. This would only hurt one score, not 5, and it would stop disconnect cheaters, which is why they allow the point to go against overall score. (at least I think it is that way)

@ToPNoP.2493 said:A bronze should be too low level to team with a silver. If the ranks are different, then the team mates should not be able to be on the same team. Or make it on a points scale, maybe they have to be within 100 points of each other to be on the same team. And disconnects should only penalize the one disconnecting, with both points and the loss. The whole team should not have the loss count toward the leaderboard. This would only hurt one score, not 5, and it would stop disconnect cheaters, which is why they allow the point to go against overall score. (at least I think it is that way)

The difference is too small, and the leagues too short. They should just make it like before. The rank of the highest person on the premade determines the rank of the premade team.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Actually, when teams were in place was when PvP's population was at it's peak. So you're kinda wrong there. The decline in population to the point we have today that it breaks the matchmaker off peak hours, was after they removed ranked teams.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

@ToPNoP.2493 said:A bronze should be too low level to team with a silver. If the ranks are different, then the team mates should not be able to be on the same team. Or make it on a points scale, maybe they have to be within 100 points of each other to be on the same team. And disconnects should only penalize the one disconnecting, with both points and the loss. The whole team should not have the loss count toward the leaderboard. This would only hurt one score, not 5, and it would stop disconnect cheaters, which is why they allow the point to go against overall score. (at least I think it is that way)

The difference is too small, and the leagues too short. They should just make it like before. The rank of the highest person on the premade determines the rank of the premade team.

The problem with allowing the top player to determine the team rank is that anyone can jump in a noob account, team, play like hell, and if a loss is coming disconnect. That is why I say, do not allow different levels to team and penalize only the one who disconnects, that way they cant keep teaming and the points do not affect the overall leaderboard. Stop the match in its tracks and call it no contest. No winners, no losers (except for the one who disconnected). It takes several seasons to get a higher score because it is the past seasons score factored into the current season. Currently, if someone disconnects there is no point loss, but a loss is shown on the leaderboard, which I assume can cost rank.

@ToPNoP.2493 said:

Actually, when teams were in place was when PvP's population was at it's peak. So you're kinda wrong there. The decline in population to the point we have today that it breaks the matchmaker off peak hours, was after they removed ranked teams.

The problem with allowing the top player to determine the team rank is that anyone can jump in a noob account, team, play like hell, and if a loss is coming disconnect. That is why I say, do not allow different levels to team and penalize only the one who disconnects, that way they cant keep teaming and the points do not affect the overall leaderboard. Stop the match in its tracks and call it no contest. No winners, no losers. It takes several seasons to get a higher score because it is the past seasons score factored into the current season. Currently, if someone disconnects there is no point loss, but a loss is shown on the leaderboard.

That's called smurfing? It can happen anyway, even without any premades...Your post makes no sense. If he smurfs he'll always be at the same rank as his friend. In fact, the fact that he's actually prevented from partying with his friend because he's at a higher level, would actually be an incentive for him to do that.You didn't think it through did you? :sweat_smile:

Also, no, your previous score is barely factored in. Everyone gets soft reset to around 1500 iirc, and then you go up or down as you win or lose in placements. Which is actually kind of crap, because a new player can potentially end up fighting the top players of the previous season, which will lower his rating for the new one making it worse.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

The problem with allowing the top player to determine the team rank is that anyone can jump in a noob account, team, play like hell, and if a loss is coming disconnect. That is why I say, do not allow different levels to team and penalize only the one who disconnects, that way they cant keep teaming and the points do not affect the overall leaderboard. Stop the match in its tracks and call it no contest. No winners, no losers. It takes several seasons to get a higher score because it is the past seasons score factored into the current season. Currently, if someone disconnects there is no point loss, but a loss is shown on the leaderboard.

That's called smurfing? It can happen anyway, even without any premades...Your post makes no sense. If he smurfs he'll always be at the same rank as his friend. In fact, the fact that he's actually prevented from partying with his friend because he's at a higher level, would actually be an incentive for him to do that.You didn't think it through did you? :sweat_smile:

I thought it through. If he is not on a platinum account, then he should not be able to team with a platinum, and if he disconnects, then only his score should be harmed by both points and the loss. That should be cut and dry.

@ToPNoP.2493 said:

I thought it through. If he is not on a platinum account, then he can not team with a platinum. That should be cut and dry.

But if he fights against other platinum players, it'll be less likely that he wins?Also, again, what is there holding back the platinum player from making a new account and playing as a bronze, and in that case actually carrying his friend.Arena net screwed up with team play, and the game suffered for it, exactly because people thought they knew what they were doing, and voted for the end of ranked teams. Exactly at a time where actual competitive games (like LoL) were bringing back flex queues (mix of premades and non-premades), and it's still working for that game in particular. It's a PvP only game, totally free to play, with mostly cosmetic store, and yet somehow made 20 times the revenue of guildwars2 in a year where gw2 sold an expansion.

No man, right now the rule is if someone disconnects, then the loss is reflected for the whole team on the leaderboard. If there were no point penalties then people would disconnect to help their team mate win a better score. I am speaking on how to change the rule because I do not disconnect but would be 45 and 30 if other peoples disconnections did not hurt my score. Overall, I would be better off if I did not say screw it due to the inferior system (and obvious speeders). It is hard to compete when other peoples disconnections interfere. I like to pvp, and will play a lot. So, why am I plagued with disconnection issues that are not my own?

If people could only team if he/she are on the same level, then even the temptation to save a team mate from the effective rating loss would be eliminated because they could not team on different tiers. For rage quitters who are just having a bad day, they would be the only one to receive a penalty, and the match could receive a no contest so there are no winners or losers. No one benefits, and no one is harmed, except for the one who disconnected. But, if someone is doing it for the sake of a team mate, then they would be jeopardizing the ability to be on the same team with that account in the future.

Archived