What will we have to do in Episode 2 of LWS4?

Michram.6853

I wonder what's next after this whole journey in Istan.

We didn't get there because we wanted to, Aurene showed us that there is something very important, and indeed it was- we found out what Joko is planning, and the Sunspear has its "Daybreak".

What's next? What's the next location we'll travel to?

I think these locations are most likely to be traveled:

1) suspicious "Rata" above Istan: https://imgur.com/a/2Gq7e -> Most likely another map related to Joko2) a weird spot above Dragonbrand in Kourna: https://imgur.com/a/kJFjO -> Something about Kralkatorrik, maybe there will be survivors that will help us, give some clues.3) introducing the Tengu: https://imgur.com/a/BvFzR -> they'll be attacked by Joko and finally get out from their mysterious lands4) a region under the Fields of Ruin: https://imgur.com/a/fYEOX -> I think Kralkatorrik's target will be Ebonhawke

5th map will be Cantha and we will have the final battle against Kralkatorrik and the finale of Season 4 in Cantha, after we defeat Joko in Dominion of Winds.

I think there will be 6 episodes (Daybreak+5 more).

The Current Events will be about Joko, and his attacks will be more significant.

Kourna -> "Rata" -> Ebonhawke's siege led by Kralkatorrik -> Tengu's map -> Cantha

These are my predictions.

Cantha is a continent. If and it is a very big if, we ever go there in GW2's lifetime it will be dealt with in an expansion not a mid season Living story. There is enough space in Elona for us to visit place like Dajkah, Kourna (could get a couple of maps there), the mountains where Kralk is, Sulfuorus wastes. "Rata Joko".

I like the idea of an Ebonhawke siege, but Kralk going north doesn't make much sense. The Tengu's I can't see any link to at all and Cantha has zero to do with any of this. I know Anet like to go off wildly with their stories, but they are well set up for containment here.

We’re still following leads on how to deal with the ED’s, the leading contender being aurene. But we dont know how yet. But we can’t kill kralkatorrik until we know Aurene can suck up all that magical armageddon.Meanwhile the spoiled lich is throwing a fit against all the people who don’t bow before him.

I wouldn't call that cube a rata, though. The existence of Quora Sum proves that not all asuran cities are called "Rata".

That suspicious spot in Kourna is... Jahai Fortress. Nothing all that suspicious about it. ArenaNet put details into a lot of famous GW1 locations, like where we killed the Elder Junundu Wurms.

Why would we go back to Central Tyria all of a sudden, just to get to know tengu, who Joko has no history with?

Kralkatorrik is unlikely to strike Ebonhawke after flying away from there...

Don't be so certain Season 4 will only have 6 episodes. I hope ArenaNet learned that 6 was too short for Season 3, crammed too much and paced it too fast tbh, all for the sake of not spoiling the major reveal of Balthazar that came out of literal left field. If we must have multiples of three (we don't), I'm hoping for 9 episodes, which is what I feel Season 3 should have been.

5th map will be Cantha and we will have the final battle against Kralkatorrik and the finale of Season 4 in Cantha, after we defeat Joko in Dominion of Winds.

Is this even serious? I cannot take this as serious.

For the super obvious reason of how far away Cantha is, if no other super obvious reason why that won't happen.

Anyways.

A few weeks back there was actually a leaked image of an upcoming map. I moved my comment on what I think E2 will be about given that down into the spoiler tag.

It was Dajkah, including that "suspicious cube".

In Episode 2 specifically? Given that half of every LW episode is "explore the new map", the other half will be focusing on stopping that Inquest lab Joko's hijacked, since that is an immediate threat. Without a doubt.

As for Episodes 3 on, it will largely be about Joko, not Kralkatorrik. That seems to be the formula they've adopted. A lead-in minor antagonist to build up to the expansion which will have the main antagonist. In this case, Kralkatorrik, after we spend Season 4 dealing with Joko and figuring out how to kill more Elder Dragons without destroying the world in the process.

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:I wouldn't call that cube a rata, though. The existence of Quora Sum proves that not all asuran cities are called "Rata".

That suspicious spot in Kourna is... Jahai Fortress. Nothing all that suspicious about it. ArenaNet put details into a lot of famous GW1 locations, like where we killed the Elder Junundu Wurms.

Why would we go back to Central Tyria all of a sudden, just to get to know tengu, who Joko has no history with?

Kralkatorrik is unlikely to strike Ebonhawke after flying away from there...

Don't be so certain Season 4 will only have 6 episodes. I hope ArenaNet learned that 6 was too short for Season 3, crammed too much and paced it too fast tbh, all for the sake of not spoiling the major reveal of Balthazar that came out of literal left field. If we must have multiples of three (we don't), I'm hoping for 9 episodes, which is what I feel Season 3 should have been.

Is this even serious? I cannot take this as serious.

For the super obvious reason of how far away Cantha is, if no other super obvious reason why that won't happen.

Anyways.

A few weeks back there was actually a leaked image of an upcoming map. I moved my comment on what I think E2 will be about given that down into the spoiler tag.

It was Dajkah, including that "suspicious cube".

In Episode 2 specifically? Given that half of every LW episode is "explore the new map", the other half will be focusing on stopping that Inquest lab Joko's hijacked, since that is an immediate threat. Without a doubt.

As for Episodes 3 on, it will largely be about Joko, not Kralkatorrik. That seems to be the formula they've adopted. A lead-in minor antagonist to build up to the expansion which will have the main antagonist. In this case, Kralkatorrik, after we spend Season 4 dealing with Joko and figuring out how to kill more Elder Dragons without destroying the world in the process.

Nobody would have believed we would travel to Istan, because "it's too far", I suspect it will work exactly as in Episode 1 that we got the vision from Aurene, and we will be getting her vision more often throughout Season 4 and I think we'll have to do something in Cantha, or "Somebody" will try to destroy it, we can't say what Kralkatorrik is planning, we have no idea where he can fly, so why do you reject that possiblity, that may come true, as returning to Istan came true.

So we'll never meet Kas and Jory again in story, because they are watching over Kralkatorrik? You think we will go through nine, as you said, episodes and don't deal with the real problem? Joko is not our greatest problem, his strenght can be rejected, while Kralkatorrik, controlling like Balthazar's, Jormag's and Primordus' magics (also Bloodstone's magic) is our greatest enemy and we have only one hope to even dream we can free Tyria from this dragon- Aurene.

I don't care too much about this cube, but it's where the portals may be controlled, so we will have to cut off the deliveries, if you know what I mean. Joko is powerless without his minions that will obey every command from him. We have also the equally powerful beings in Tyria like Jennah or Pale Tree (JENNAH), we know she is powerful.

Also I think the writers gave some clues about Season 4:

Taimi: Well, first thing we have to do is find Aurene. (done)Rytlock Brimstone: First thing is to hunt down Kralkatorrik. (this is going to be our last thing to do)Lady Kasmeer Meade: Neither of those will help until we find out how to replace Elder Dragons. (I guess it's the next thing that we may find in Kourna- thats where Jory and Kas are)

Also we all could expect we'd get somebody to give the story some vibes- Joko plays the role of Lazarus- I mean a sudden enemy that wants to do something for its own purpose.

Also using Joko as somebody that wants to take revange on us was pretty obvious and some of us realized that just after The Departing mission.

What if we'll make a deal with Joko? Now it seems impossible, but nothing unites as a common enemy. The writers may also come this way.

I know Cantha just from the stories and videos, and wiki, I'd really love to find out why so many of my GW2 friends want to return there.

We'll find out in the future, everything is possible, isn't it? :)

@Arden.7480 said:Nobody would have believed we would travel to Istan, because "it's too far"

I would disagree. Istan is part of Joko's empire, is easily accessible via sea (which is accessible now that Zhaitan's no more), and most importantly is part of the oldest part of Elonian history which would undoubtably hold ties to Joko at some point (and there's the whole former Sunspear Great Hall). It makes sense we'd go there eventually - the only "hard to believe" part would be going there immediately.

Cantha, however, has absolutely nothing to do with anything in the plot.

Furthermore, you're comparing a hundred miles to several thousand miles of sea travel. Pretty big gap.

@Arden.7480 said:So we'll never meet Kas and Jory again in story, because they are watching over Kralkatorrik? You think we will go through nine, as you said, episodes and don't deal with the real problem? Joko is not our greatest problem, his strenght can be rejected, while Kralkatorrik, controlling like Balthazar's, Jormag's and Primordus' magics (also Bloodstone's magic) is our greatest enemy and we have only one hope to even dream we can free Tyria from this dragon- Aurene.

Whoever said anything about not seeing Kas and Jory? I didn't. You're beginning to put words in my mouth here.

Never said Joko was our greatest problem either. I said he was our more immediate problem. Just like we had to deal with Caudecus before we could deal with fake-Lazarus, we deal with Joko before dealing with Kralkatorrik. However, unlike Caudecus, I doubt Joko will be a simple mid-season boss.

And of course we're going to be influenced by Kralkatorrik here and there. I said it myself: "to build up to the expansion which will have the main antagonist. In this case, Kralkatorrik," And as I not-so-subtly hinted: "As for Episodes 3 on, it will largely be about Joko, not Kralkatorrik. " Largely, not solely. Big difference.

@Arden.7480 said:Joko is powerless without his minions that will obey every command from him.

Yeah, totally powerless. That's why the Order of Whispers couldn't kill him after Turai defeated him, and why the centaurs could only barely stop him when he freed himself.

That's why he single handedly created the Scourge elite specialization. The one impressive claim about Joko that's likely true.

@Arden.7480 said:I know Cantha just from the stories and videos, and wiki, I'd really love to find out why so many of my GW2 friends want to return there.

And we will likely return there someday. But thinking that we'll bare witness to the distant lands of an isolated xenophobic empire because Kralkatorrik suddenly decided to fly quarter way across the globe instead of sitting where all the unbound and volatile magic is gathered up due to two Elder Dragons' deaths? That's not very likely.

Especially since the deep sea dragon is pretty close to being in between Tyria/Elona and Cantha.

Oh right, but I didn't mean that Joko wants to contact with Tengu, just that his forces will force them to search for any help they can get, find out why the Awakened appear in their lands (of course we don't know Tengu deal with them as well, but it's likely). I also take it as a possibility- especially because of the Inquest and the Scarab Plague 2.0 (that may be possible after finding out some interesting clues from Fahranur).

@"Arden.7480" said:1) suspicious "Rata" above Istan: https://imgur.com/a/2Gq7e -> Most likely another map related to JokoPossible, but only if a scout tells us there's a lab over there. As far as the blurry map indicates, that could just be an unusually rocky isle.2) a weird spot above Dragonbrand in Kourna: https://imgur.com/a/kJFjO -> Something about Kralkatorrik, maybe there will be survivors that will help us, give some clues.If you check that_shaman's historical map of Tyria, you'll find that that is the Fortress of Jahai, where Varesh Ossa was based. It was a blockade preventing the Sunspears from going north through it, and I bet it was a stronghold against Joko until Kourna finally fell. I doubt we're going there in the next chapter, but it might be part of the tour.3) introducing the Tengu: https://imgur.com/a/BvFzR -> they'll be attacked by Joko and finally get out from their mysterious landsAlmost definitely not. We still have a lot of Elona to explore, and if the tengu home is going to be unlocked, I hope it's to more fanfare than a living world chapter. (Although I'll take living world over never.)4) a region under the Fields of Ruin: https://imgur.com/a/fYEOX -> I think Kralkatorrik's target will be EbonhawkeWhile I do want to explore the gap between Ebonhawke and the Desert Highlands, Kralkatorrik isn't about to attack Ebonhawke right now. If he needs more minions, he still has all of Elona to harvest. Again, I'm not ruling it out right now, but

5th map will be Cantha and we will have the final battle against Kralkatorrik and the finale of Season 4 in Cantha, after we defeat Joko in Dominion of Winds.Not Cantha. Never Cantha. It became a running gag in interviews to think Cantha will be revealed next, but I knew Elona was always more plausible before. Plus, there's absolutely nothing in Cantha that can help us with the dragons (at least, that we know of). Plus there's the small problem of HOW DO WE GET THERE? Sure, we have the airships now, but as Ellen Kiel pointed out, we haven't had the best of luck with those things, and the sea is still far too treacherous to travel by boat. Plus, as we saw in Istan, the old asura gate that would have been there is probably broken, so that's out.

Maybe, just MAYBE, we could get there once we perfect the asura tech that the Inquest seemed to solved to send all the Awakened around Tyria, but there's still far too many reasons why it wouldn't work for us to attempt a trans-oceanic voyage with it for no good reason.

I think there will be 6 episodes (Daybreak+5 more).There's no reason this think this, either. We might get more, if the story requires it. If it takes 2 years to create an expansion, and the expansion is like a huge living world update that people need to buy to explore, then I'd expect 11 chapters to keep us occupied until it is released.

The Current Events will be about Joko, and his attacks will be more significant.The thing about Current Events is that they both foreshadow events and respond to previous chapters. The increase in bandit activity was a response to the White Mantle becoming more active. Knight of the Thorn tied all the way back to the end of Heart of Thorns. The beacon tracking pointed that Primordus had traveled from the Northern Shiverpeaks to the Ring of Fire islands. And then there's the portal fracture in the Field of Ruin, and the Anomalous Leyline creatures that still don't have a satisfactory end. There is literally no way to predict at this point what future Current Events/Side Stories will be.

Honestly, I'm just hoping we get to see somewhere new. I love revisiting old places from GW1, and we've done that with nearly every map so far. In general, the only places we've explored that we couldn't in GW1 were some core maps, Southsun Cove, about have of Heart of Thorns, the Elon Riverlands and the Desert Highlands. Even with those last two, there were a lot of familiar landmarks on both of them. I want to go some place that is completely new, that can't elicit nostalgia from the old game except "man, I wish we could've gone there." Since we're probably sticking with Elona, I'll settle for any extension east, west or north of the present maps. Otherwise, wake me for Chapter 3...

4) a region under the Fields of Ruin: https://imgur.com/a/fYEOX -> I think Kralkatorrik's target will be Ebonhawke

It is mentioned ingame by an NPC (Tigmi, located near the Closed Passage in Lifeblood Ravine) that the tunnel between Ebonhawke and the Desert Highlands will not be restored. There are not enough resources to move the rocks. Because of this i think it will be unlikely to see a region between the Fields of Ruin and the Desert Highlands.

@"anram.1972" said:

4) a region under the Fields of Ruin:
-> I think Kralkatorrik's target will be Ebonhawke

It is mentioned ingame by an NPC (Tigmi, located near the Closed Passage in Lifeblood Ravine) that the tunnel between Ebonhawke and the Desert Highlands will not be restored. There are not enough resources to move the rocks. Because of this i think it will be unlikely to see a region between the Fields of Ruin and the Desert Highlands.

What we know Kralkatorrik can attack anything, he was in Kourna (hundreds miles from Amnoon), and he turned this city into branded hell. His minions are or he himself is able to brand ppl from this distance, thats why we need to get rid of him ASAP, because he can do whatever he wants. It's our choice and what the situation will tell us- better to focus on Joko the Idiot or Kralkatorrik- the real danger.

@Arden.7480 said:

@"anram.1972" said:

What we know Kralkatorrik can attack anything, he was in Kourna (hundreds miles from Amnoon), and he turned this city into branded hell. His minions are or he himself is able to brand ppl from this distance, thats why we need to get rid of him ASAP, because he can do whatever he wants. It's our choice and what the situation will tell us- better to focus on Joko the Idiot or Kralkatorrik- the real danger.

Joko is a highly intelligent and resourceful villain, who is threatening all of Tyria right now. Kralk is causing issues in Elona and is currently contained in an area he seems happy to soak up magic. Taking down Kralk is not yet an option as we do not have a back up plan. Aurene is likely years a long way off from being ready after all.

Joko is the immediate greatest danger, whilst Kralk will need us to be undistracted to be able to deal with. Even with his newfound powers, he is still more akin to a violent natural disaster than something we can contend with right now on our own. No point saving the world only to find Joko conquering orher lands or unleashing a scarab plague on our people.

@Randulf.7614 said:

@"anram.1972" said:

Joko is a highly intelligent and resourceful villain, who is threatening all of Tyria right now. Kralk is causing issues in Elona and is currently contained in an area he seems happy to soak up magic. Taking down Kralk is not yet an option as we do not have a back up plan. Aurene is likely years a long way off from being ready after all.

Joko is the immediate greatest danger, whilst Kralk will need us to be undistracted to be able to deal with. Even with his newfound powers, he is still more akin to a violent natural disaster than something we can contend with right now on our own. No point saving the world only to find Joko conquering orher lands or unleashing a scarab plague on our people.

In fact having Kralk in Joko's backyard is probably the best thing to distract Joko from being able to focus on conquest.

Archived