Current Pulmonary Impact has to go

Arheundel.6451

An unblockable interrupt with no internal CD that can be therefore spammed with impunity from safe distance, now how can thieves spam anything with INI you may ask..well the devs have buffed thief auto-attack to same level of dmg as hundred blades but without the rooting....how this can be considered fare for other professions?

The solutions are easy , pick one of the following:1) You add ICD to the trait2) You remove the unblockable component3) You reduce the dmg of thief auto-attack

All in all how is it possible that thief avoided the nerf bat for well over 2 years since HoT launch?

Only the effect is unbloackable, actual interrupts like Headshot aren't. It's like saying "condis are broken because they damage me when I'm blocking!"

That being said yes I'd like to see it get some changes as well because it's too oppressive against other thief builds and the meta in general.

@Arheundel.6451 said:An unblockable interrupt with no internal CD that can be therefore spammed with impunity from safe distance, now how can thieves spam anything with INI you may ask..well the devs have buffed thief auto-attack to same level of dmg as hundred blades but without the rooting....how this can be considered fare for other professions?

The solutions are easy , pick one of the following:1) You add ICD to the trait2) You remove the unblockable component3) You reduce the dmg of thief auto-attack

All in all how is it possible that thief avoided the nerf bat for well over 2 years since HoT launch?

I'm hoping that you are not being killed by a thief spamming headshot to trigger this.

@Solori.6025 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:An
unblockable
interrupt
with no internal CD
that can be therefore spammed with impunity from safe distance, now how can thieves spam anything with INI you may ask..well the devs have buffed thief auto-attack to
same level of dmg as hundred blades
but without the rooting....how this can be considered fare for other professions?

I'm hoping that you are not being killed by a thief spamming headshot to trigger this.

Yes i do! But maybe you want to illustrate your strategy to avoid death and let's see to find something I didn't try

@Arheundel.6451 said:All in all how is it possible that thief avoided the nerf bat for well over 2 years since HoT launch?

Were you even there for HoT launch...if you were you'd know that thief was unusable for 2 seasons lol.

1. Good luck finding a middle ground between competent players and noobs on an ICD which I don't think any other on interrupt trait has (?).
  2. Thief does not have an interrupting attack that is unblockable without B venom. It's already bad enough that you can invuln through pulm. I'll give you blockable pulm if you make pulm damage instant :) like every other on interrupt trait.
  3. Don't stand in autos. You're doing it wrong.

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:All in all how is it possible that thief avoided the nerf bat for well over 2 years since HoT launch?

Were you even there for HoT launch...if you were you'd know that thief was unusable for 2 seasons lol.
  1. Good luck finding a middle ground between competent players and noobs on an ICD which I don't think any other on interrupt trait has (?).
  2. Thief does not have an interrupting attack that is unblockable without B venom. It's already bad enough that you can invuln through pulm. I'll give you blockable pulm if you make pulm damage instant :) like every other on interrupt trait.

You are wrong, it wasn't thief that was weak..it was rev the one at fault and it appears it got its rightful reductions , now I wonder where are yours.

1. Why should that be of any concern for me or the rest of the community? Does it look like they cared to find a middle ground when they nerfed everybody else?
  2. With trickery, having a B venom at 20s CD makes it a darn good interrupting spam won't you agree? About other interrupt..you forget everybody got CD and not ini
  3. Don't stand in auto? And what exactly do you other than try to block,parry, dodge, etc?........what can you do that hasn't got at least 1/2 animation?

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

"Don't stand in the auto of the most mobile class in the game that you can't possibly outkite".

Brilliant response. 10/10

Just like people who say condi s/d is easy if you just clear the roots as if all classes had unhindered combatant daredevil traits to remove roots on very short intervals instead of the actual 30+ sec cooldowns most classes have on condi clears and root clears.

@Zenith.7301 said:

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

"Don't stand in the auto of the most mobile class in the game that you can't possibly outkite".

Brilliant response. 10/10

Just like people who say condi s/d is easy if you just clear the roots as if all classes had unhindered combatant daredevil traits to remove roots on very short intervals instead of the actual 30+ sec cooldowns most classes have on condi clears and root clears.

Spends entire post talking about other build. Neat.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

You are wrong, it wasn't thief that was weak..it was rev the one at fault and it appears it got its rightful reductions , now I wonder where are yours.
  1. Why should that be of any concern for me or the rest of the community? Does it look like they cared to find a middle ground when they nerfed everybody else?
  2. With trickery, having a B venom at 20s CD makes it a darn good interrupting spam won't you agree? About other interrupt..you forget everybody got CD and not ini
  3. Don't stand in auto? And what exactly do you other than try to block,parry, dodge, etc?........
    what can you do that hasn't got at least 1/2 animation
    ?
  1. So you have no real solution to this question k.
  2. With trickery...what...b venom 20s CD? Are we playing the same game, it's Guild Wars 2.
  3. Idk? Play your class? Counter pressure? Put up protection or invuln?

Are you even trying to fight them or did you die once and decide thieves shouldn't exist? BTW I'm a power revenant main and would only win from the ridiculous nerf pulm suggestions (this thread is the first one in a while, I guess most L2P'd).

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

3. Don't stand in auto? And what exactly do you other than try to block,parry, dodge, etc?........
    ?
  2. With trickery...what...b venom 20s CD? Are we playing the same game, it's Guild Wars 2.

Are you even trying to fight them or did you die once and decide thieves shouldn't exist?
  1. I gave you the solution: you have to eat the nerfs like everybody else did before
  2. https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Daredevil_-_Dagger/Pistol
  3. Play your class? And how do you propose to do that? You mention protection that some don't have or can't spam and that doesn't do much difference as it get stolen..then you mention invul which in most case is over 60s CD.

Did you read the OP? The thief only use INI to spam headshot from distance and headshot is instant, then the thief just AA you to death if you try or not doing anything

@Arheundel.6451 said:An unblockable interruptWhile Pulmonary Impact itself as an effect already applied to a target is certainly unblockable, it is by no means an interrupt and the only way that the standard D/P build can proc it with an unblockable attack is by using Basilisk Venom which is on a 40-second recharge. You know what else is unblockable while already applied to you in the same fashion? Any condition. The more you know!

@Velimere.7685 said:

unblockable interrupt
While
Pulmonary Impact
itself as an
effect
already applied to a target is certainly unblockable, it is by no means an
interrupt
and the only way that the standard D/P build can proc it with an unblockable attack is by using
Basilisk Venom
which is on a 40-second recharge. You know what else is unblockable while already applied to you in the same fashion? Any
condition
. The more you know!

40s CD? Last I checked, d/p thieves use trickery that reduce B venom to 20s

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

?

Are you even trying to fight them or did you die once and decide thieves shouldn't exist?
  1. I gave you the solution: you have to eat the nerfs like everybody else did before
  2. Play your class? And how do you propose to do that? You mention protection that some don't have or can't spam and that doesn't do much difference as it get stolen..then you mention invul which in most case is over 60s CD.

Did you read the OP? The thief only use INI to spam headshot from distance and
headshot is instant
, then the thief just AA you to death if you try or not doing anything
  1. K ur class should have no auto attack at all cuz I died haha see I'm cool and helpful and stuff
  2. That doesn't help because you have no idea what you're talking about if you think B venom has a 20s CD or has anything to do with Trickery.
  3. When a thief autos you do you only spam defensive CDs like the thief isn't a sitting duck while auto attacking lol?

Initiative has a cooldown. Headshot has an effective CD of 4s since it is 4 initiative. Being able to spam it from full initiative is something similar to the ammo system that everyone is getting now. Headshot is a risk. Headshot interrupting nothing means you threw away initiative. L2stowweapon. AKA L2P.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Velimere.7685 said:

unblockable interrupt
While
Pulmonary Impact
itself as an
effect
interrupt
and the only way that the standard D/P build can proc it with an unblockable attack is by using
Basilisk Venom
which is on a 40-second recharge. You know what else is unblockable while already applied to you in the same fashion? Any
condition
. The more you know!

And this is exactly why everyone should ignore this thread and move on.

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Velimere.7685 said:

unblockable interrupt
While
Pulmonary Impact
itself as an
effect
interrupt
Basilisk Venom
condition
. The more you know!

Maybe I should have mentioned that B venom is applied mostly to steal sitting at 20s with trickery and daze the target?-steal daze-shadow shot with B Venom ( if not used on steal)-2x headshot-total ini spen: 12 maybe

• thief then AA spam
  • headshot again
  • AA- steal daze again
  • B venom up again..interrupt again

Typical rotation more or less, the ini can be kept up pretty easily and thieves can shadow return as they can use steal/daze as an effective stunbreak on 20s cd but ofc they have also bandit defense

But enough of me writing this mini guide..what about explaining how other classes counter this?-Attacking the thief? lol we're talking about a d/p ..after his AA chain..if low he will 5-2 and reset all INI and steal which is only 20s CD. The thief can easily get away unless caught off guard from another fight if you're lucky

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Velimere.7685 said:

unblockable interrupt
While
Pulmonary Impact
itself as an
effect
interrupt
Basilisk Venom
condition
. The more you know!

Maybe I should have mentioned that B venom is applied mostly to
steal sitting at 20s with trickery and daze the target
?-steal daze-shadow shot with B Venom ( if not used on steal)-2x headshot-total ini spen: 12 maybe
  • thief then AA spam
  • headshot again
  • AA- steal daze again

Typical rotation more or less, the ini can be kept up pretty easily and thieves can shadow return as they
can use steal/daze as an effective stunbreak on 20s cd
but ofc they have also
bandit defense

But enough of me writing this mini guide..what about explaining how other classes counter this?-Attacking the thief? lol we're talking about a d/p ..after his AA chain..if low he will 5-2 and reset all INI and steal which is only 20s CD. The thief can easily get away unless caught off guard from another fight if you're lucky

Dang bro you explain it so well, please put it in video format I'd love to see your thief gameplay. All down to a rotation nice! Because thief is totally a class built off skill rotations and not fast reactions!

@Arheundel.6451 said:An unblockable interrupt with no internal CD that can be therefore spammed with impunity from safe distance, now how can thieves spam anything with INI you may ask..well the devs have buffed thief auto-attack to same level of dmg as hundred blades but without the rooting....how this can be considered fare for other professions?

Even tho i feel your frustration and to some degree i agree with, what you demand is a bit extreme.1) I agree with the iCD implementation.2) Like someone already said that the way the trait works (see it as a delayed dmg). All skills used to interrupt (beside BasiVen application) are blockable.3)That's a different topic. (Even tho i think dagger DPS shouldn't be higher than sword).4) This is my personal PoV but i would like to see D/P ini rework as Headshot and/or shadow shot a bit more costy therefore less spammable.

All in all thief didn't avoid the nerf bat. Simply the nerf bat didn't nerf what should be tone down. Well in pvp Anet toned down Daredevil recently. Hope the next balance patch would be accurate..

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Velimere.7685 said:

unblockable interrupt
While
Pulmonary Impact
itself as an
effect
interrupt
Basilisk Venom
condition
. The more you know!

Maybe I should have mentioned that B venom is applied mostly to
steal sitting at 20s with trickery and daze the target
?-steal daze-shadow shot with B Venom ( if not used on steal)-2x headshot-total ini spen: 12 maybe
  • thief then AA spam
  • headshot again
  • AA- steal daze again

Typical rotation more or less, the ini can be kept up pretty easily and thieves can shadow return as they
can use steal/daze as an effective stunbreak on 20s cd
but ofc they have also
bandit defense

I think beepboop is extremely biased towards thief and lives in an alternate reality sometimes but you are so wrong you need to look at the wiki and/or in game at thief skills. Thief cannot have basi venom up for every steal, it's a 40s CD and they would need a lucky proc off improvisation to get it reset for the next steal.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

unblockable
interrupt
with no internal CD
that can be therefore spammed with impunity from safe distance, now how can thieves spam anything with INI you may ask..well the devs have buffed thief auto-attack to
same level of dmg as hundred blades
but without the rooting....how this can be considered fare for other professions?

Yes i do! But maybe you want to illustrate your strategy to avoid death and let's see to find something I didn't try

Sure I'll bite-

1. Dont spam your auto attack at nothing- At thief can spam headshot at most 3 times in quick secession while if they wait it out a few seconds its 4
  2. If they are spamming headshot stow your weapon-
  3. see 1
  4. block- head shot is blockable
  5. dodge- you can dodge skills, I know it's hard to do but I believe in you
  6. reflect- headshot is a projectile
  7. stability- a lot of classes have this
  8. LoS- again harder to do and most people dont think about it
  9. blind- yea, you can do this too
  10. invuln- if you are immune to damage effects they waste the initiative spamming.

This works against any thief spamming one moveIf you are dieng to pulm I think you would also die to shadowshot spam, heartseeker spam, and unload spam, all of those do more damage than pulm.I would suggest you make a thief and actually play it, not read stuff from the wiki and make statements like "Bvenom is 20s CD"You make the people that tell you L2P look like Einsteins.

Archived