Desert Armor not salvageable — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

Desert Armor not salvageable

X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

Please make the armor from Desert Armor box salvageable so we can get back runes, thanks.

Somewhere chasing bags....

Comments

  • Offair.2563Offair.2563 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Still wonder why we can't salvage them. Just ordinary exo pieces like many many others you get from tracks.

    Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and own you with experience.
    Big Babou, Ranger for life.

  • X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Offair.2563 said:
    Still wonder why we can't salvage them. Just ordinary exo pieces like many many others you get from tracks.

    I hope its not intentional. I farmed a bunch of these before finding out they were not salvageable lol.

    Somewhere chasing bags....

  • Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I just had a thread about this recently as well. I'm thinking it's probably intentional just bc it's been so long since they've been introduced without any change or comment. What's was weird to me is you can put them in the forge, but I could never find any recipe to actually forge them. With no way to salvage or sell, I eventually just destroyed them . . .

    I think it's simply meant as a way for wvw-only players to unlock the skins . . .

  • Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Unless you need PoF stats, go for Triumphant or Legacy tracks. Those armors are salvageable.

  • Kirnale.5914Kirnale.5914 Member ✭✭✭

    Would be nice if the mystic forge works for them too.

  • I have 16 armor boxes that I won't open because it feels like waste to just destroy the armor.

  • X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vagrant.8613 said:
    I have 16 armor boxes that I won't open because it feels like waste to just destroy the armor.

    It would be nice if we didn't have to choose an armor piece to get clovers and the other stuff.

    Somewhere chasing bags....

  • Namer.9750Namer.9750 Member ✭✭✭

    Just stuff the armour pieces in a bank or on a mule?

    They're good to have for future gearing and most runes and sigils used in WvW are cheap. Though I agree it's weird to not be able to salvage/forge them.

  • X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Namer.9750 said:
    Just stuff the armour pieces in a bank or on a mule?

    They're good to have for future gearing and most runes and sigils used in WvW are cheap. Though I agree it's weird to not be able to salvage/forge them.

    It would take up too much bank space to do that, I would rather pick the pieces when needed.

    Somewhere chasing bags....

  • Zaxares.5419Zaxares.5419 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2018

    +1 for a solution to this. I farmed the Crystal Desert reward track 32 times to unlock all the Bounty Hunter and Warforged skins, only to discover that they couldn't be salvaged, forged or sold. If you don't have any mules you can give the armor to (and mine have all long since had Exotic or even Ascended armor), the only thing you can do with them is to destroy them. There should NEVER be a situation where the only thing you can do with loot is to trash it.

    While we're at it, the Triumphant Hero armor skins and Mistforged Hero weapons bought from the Skirmish vendor have the same problem.

  • Just trying to revive this thread.
    There must be a way to make these armor pieces salvageable without causing farming problems... After all we can salvage stuff bought with Badges of Honor. It comes with a loss, but at least we can keep runes.
    Please Anet, what we're asking here is not that big...

  • DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Yeah it's too bad you get 0, zilch, nada from it. Time to make a difference! Would be nice to get the runes back without having to resort to something like an upgrade extractor. Let us salvage it with a small return + runes.

  • Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @DemonSeed.3528 said:
    Yeah it's too bad you get 0, zilch, nada from it. Time to make a difference! Would be nice to get the runes back without having to resort to something like an upgrade extractor. Let us salvage it with a small return + runes.

    Has anyone tried the extractor? Seems odd that if you can't salvage it, nothing would work.

    Playing the PvE scene because WvW is just "BAD"...

  • DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Not sure, but if anyone can look that would be good to know, just see if it can select but don't use it. I can check when I login my other account later.

  • Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Eclipsiste.3251 said:
    Just trying to revive this thread.
    There must be a way to make these armor pieces salvageable without causing farming problems... After all we can salvage stuff bought with Badges of Honor. It comes with a loss, but at least we can keep runes.
    Please Anet, what we're asking here is not that big...

    What do you mean by "farming problems"? Legacy and triumphant armors are salvageable, and they have all stats available for selextion, like desert armors...

  • Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I have made 2 threads like this one. Still waiting for the change to come. Not all runes are easy to get. (dungeon runes, etc)

  • Junkpile.7439Junkpile.7439 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 26, 2018

    I have destroyed like 11 pieces or something. Better now change it now or i will be kittened.

    Low quality trolling since launch
    Seafarer's Rest EotM Hero

  • Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I believe its because salvaging them would drop their insignias which would make crafting more even easier. They want you to get use the reward track many times, even though the drops and vendor trash is worth quite a bit considering.

  • DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

    They don't have to drop the insignia from salvaging. The drops can be changed.

  • Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Does salvaging legacy and triumphant armors yield insignias? I dont think they do. Hence, this shouldnt be a problem for desert track armors either

  • DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Yep, they don't which is why I think they should have no problem implementing something similar.

  • voltaicbore.8012voltaicbore.8012 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Yeah at this point I just let the boxes sit unopened. I pop 6 at a time for purely experimental purposes or to quickly gear a new toon with PoF stats, but outside of that I have to get clovers and those end-of-track mats elsewhere. I still like just having a double-digit stack of armor boxes around, knowing that I can throw together most of any experimental gear set with just a few clicks.

    I'm sure I'd feel very differently if I were short on Mystic Clovers for a legendary, though. Having to completely destroy a potentially salvageable exotic just to get at more mats seems uniquely punitive to the Crystal Desert reward track.

  • DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @voltaicbore.8012 said:
    Yeah at this point I just let the boxes sit unopened. I pop 6 at a time for purely experimental purposes or to quickly gear a new toon with PoF stats, but outside of that I have to get clovers and those end-of-track mats elsewhere. I still like just having a double-digit stack of armor boxes around, knowing that I can throw together most of any experimental gear set with just a few clicks.

    I'm sure I'd feel very differently if I were short on Mystic Clovers for a legendary, though. Having to completely destroy a potentially salvageable exotic just to get at more mats seems uniquely punitive to the Crystal Desert reward track.

    That is what I do as well since I like to try different builds constantly, the problem is not being able to get my runes back. I got stacks of mystic clovers now because of this hehe.

  • Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @voltaicbore.8012 said:
    Yeah at this point I just let the boxes sit unopened. I pop 6 at a time for purely experimental purposes or to quickly gear a new toon with PoF stats, but outside of that I have to get clovers and those end-of-track mats elsewhere. I still like just having a double-digit stack of armor boxes around, knowing that I can throw together most of any experimental gear set with just a few clicks.

    I'm sure I'd feel very differently if I were short on Mystic Clovers for a legendary, though. Having to completely destroy a potentially salvageable exotic just to get at more mats seems uniquely punitive to the Crystal Desert reward track.

    I feel you, but after having unlocked every skin from the desert track, I dont bother with it anymore. I do legacy and triumphant tracks, as those armors have all stats selectable and you can also salvage them. The only reason to do desert armor track is the extra gold it provide, if you absolutely need it.

  • voltaicbore.8012voltaicbore.8012 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Voltekka.2375 said:

    I feel you, but after having unlocked every skin from the desert track, I dont bother with it anymore. I do legacy and triumphant tracks, as those armors have all stats selectable and you can also salvage them. The only reason to do desert armor track is the extra gold it provide, if you absolutely need it.

    That's pretty much why I do it. I got all the desert skins ages ago as well.