Solid Ocean

Sieg.9248

Pls nooooooooooo... Pls keep this fractal to its most original...... It's one of the very first fractal map.... I had so many fond memories to this map ..... Fractal team can make new fractals etc.. let's keep few to its original state for sentiment value.It's a very relaxing t4 to do.. and my favorite one.

It'd be more interesting if there was some incentive to actually play it as a group instead of skipping alone, killing the popups nearest yourself alone, staying near crystals alone, throwing crystals alone... it's the most soloable of all the fractals and in a party it's just a 5-way solo. Very boring, but at least it's short if everyone stays alive.

I just hope they don't continue to substitute "long" for "interesting". Molten Boss was boring but short; now it's boring and long, which is worse.

I feel like a nice rework would be:

1. separating one section of cubes until they can't be jumped (how about the section people frequently fail by being thrown into combat in midair with a subsequent loss of all forward momentum?), adding a miniboss to that section that creates a proper bridge when dead, and removing the irukanji from the Maw arena.

2. speeding up the tedious crystal mechanic, perhaps by adding a way to deliberately trigger a zap to create the charged crystals faster. Maybe every tentacle's AoE could charge any held crystal within it? Or just an AoE they create upon death? That would create incentive to work together to charge crystals en masse, and create risk by forcing players to eat a little damage.

@Talindra.4958 said:Pls nooooooooooo... Pls keep this fractal to its most original...... It's one of the very first fractal map.... I had so many fond memories to this map ..... Fractal team can make new fractals etc.. let's keep few to its original state for sentiment value.It's a very relaxing t4 to do.. and my favorite one.

What memories? Every time i think back to this fractal i fall asleep.

It was most funny fractal... I used to play with few friends.. one ranger.. managed to get his pet to drop eggs, food etc right on top of crystal.. another war drop freaking banners just right before you have to pick up the crystal... So to dodge or to try to pick up before he drop his banner ? And see who can time it better.... the game is also called steal your friends crystals.. it's easy now but before that in the early days .. this fractal was amazing.. u see a lot of ppl get downed bcos they can't timr dodge .. then u hv this multiple target and u run out of dodges. I'm talking about the early early days :) when fractal and dungeon were a thing and sooooo much fun..Solid ocean is one keeper. Change the others ... Not solid pls xD

@"Sister Saxifrage.7361" said:It'd be more interesting if there was some incentive to actually play it as a group instead of skipping alone, killing the popups nearest yourself alone, staying near crystals alone, throwing crystals alone... it's the most soloable of all the fractals and in a party it's just a 5-way solo. Very boring, but at least it's short if everyone stays alive.

I just hope they don't continue to substitute "long" for "interesting". Molten Boss was boring but short; now it's boring and long, which is worse.

I feel like a nice rework would be:

1. separating one section of cubes until they can't be jumped (how about the section people frequently fail by being thrown into combat in midair with a subsequent loss of all forward momentum?), adding a miniboss to that section that creates a proper bridge when dead, and removing the irukanji from the Maw arena.

2. speeding up the tedious crystal mechanic, perhaps by adding a way to deliberately trigger a zap to create the charged crystals faster. Maybe every tentacle's AoE could charge any held crystal within it? Or just an AoE they create upon death? That would create incentive to work together to charge crystals en masse, and create risk by forcing players to eat a little damage.

When u hv it as daily it's never enjoyable.. so there's not "interesting" and short..Short is always good :pShort and rewarding I'd say is good :p

@zealex.9410 said:

@Talindra.4958 said:Pls nooooooooooo... Pls keep this fractal to its most original...... It's one of the very first fractal map.... I had so many fond memories to this map ..... Fractal team can make new fractals etc.. let's keep few to its original state for sentiment value.It's a very relaxing t4 to do.. and my favorite one.

Me too. I always ask my friends not to wake me up if they hear me snoring from TS.

@CptAurellian.9537 said:

Me too. I always ask my friends not to wake me up if they hear me snoring from TS.

Now you are thinking about the underwater fractal, Liquid Ocean. In Solid Ocean, you have to move at least once in a while.

@Faaris.8013 said:

Now you are thinking about the underwater fractal, Liquid Ocean. In Solid Ocean, you have to move at least once in a while.

Oh under water we can remove this lol I never enjoy it since day one :pI don't mind the dolphin race tho.. it's fun to race to the end

@Zintrothen.1056 said:If they want to improve it, reduce the constant CC during the boss, but increase how often it shoots that death beam at you. This will keep you on your toes a bit more, but also allow you to play more lol.

@Zintrothen.1056 said:If they want to improve it, reduce the constant CC during the boss, but increase how often it shoots that death beam at you. This will keep you on your toes a bit more, but also allow you to play more lol.

Lol yeah increase the beam sounds cool.. increase more cc from mob is ok too lol just keep the map and path as is .. :)

When anet reworks fractals they are actually nerfing the fractals..Talking about t4 molten boss was a 3-4min fractal, now it can take 10min with the same reward.Time is money, anets reworks all the fractals making them last longer but giving same rewards is a nerf to the fractal reward system.Sure update the boring fractals but you need to update the rewards too

I'm really into the more challenging fractals, but I would prefer if they left this one alone too. This fractal is a fantastic break in the speed clearing tryhardness of fractals now, just a great chill out and take it easy fractal, have some time to make stupid anime tentacle jokes and get to know your pugs.

I really like that this fractal gives us a chance to be social, it's kinda lame I guess but I like that.

@Zlater.6789 said:I'm really into the more challenging fractals, but I would prefer if they left this one alone too. This fractal is a fantastic break in the speed clearing tryhardness of fractals now, just a great chill out and take it easy fractal, have some time to make stupid anime tentacle jokes and get to know your pugs.

I really like that this fractal gives us a chance to be social, it's kinda lame I guess but I like that.

Yeah agree.. Basically we are able to chill with pug in this fractal making jokes and such.. And lol those who got shot by jade maw

@Talindra.4958 said:

@"Zlater.6789" said:I'm really into the more challenging fractals, but I would prefer if they left this one alone too. This fractal is a fantastic break in the speed clearing tryhardness of fractals now, just a great chill out and take it easy fractal, have some time to make stupid anime tentacle jokes and get to know your pugs.

Yeah agree.. Basically we are able to chill with pug in this fractal making jokes and such.. And lol those who got shot by jade maw

I agree too. Also, we know what will happen when Anet decides to "improve" the fractal. It will just get more trash mobs and will take longer to complete without getting more interesting. We've seen it with Molten Boss and Mai Trin. Last week, my guild mates and I decided to practice classes that we never really play, and we almost wiped at Jade Maw, it was fun ^^

• 2 weeks later...

Archived