Just make Etom completely separate from WvW

calling it Faction vs Faction or alliances vs alliances or something else

with

color assignement independent from current server matches and

with its own pips, armors and rewards,

And its own forum subtopics

Like PvP, fractals, Raid, etc

and

As an equal but separate activity to WvW.

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Why does EotM need to be revived? Presuming ANet has limited resources to work on realm-vs-realm, I'd far prefer they focus on traditional WvW.

I would lay odds they would do something like this before tampering with traditional WvW. EotM was also developed as a testing grounds for future content, lol.

And yet ... when's the last time they used it for testing something for traditional WvW?And... even if they did, that would still mean that their focus is on traditional WvW; the changes to EotM would be incidental and not for the express purpose of reviving EotM, as the OP suggests.

So I'll double down: I hope that ANet focuses on traditional WvW and ignores EotM (unless its in service of improving traditional WvW). Your mileage might vary.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Why does EotM need to be revived? Presuming ANet has limited resources to work on realm-vs-realm, I'd far prefer they focus on traditional WvW.

I would lay odds they would do something like this before tampering with traditional WvW. EotM was also developed as a testing grounds for future content, lol.

And yet ... when's the last time they used it for testing something for traditional WvW?And... even if they did, that would still mean that their focus is on traditional WvW; the changes to EotM would be incidental and not for the express purpose of reviving EotM, as the OP suggests.

So I'll double down: I hope that ANet focuses on traditional WvW and ignores EotM (unless its in service of improving traditional WvW). Your mileage might vary.

True but the changes would happen there and not in WvW where everyone would start screaming. And the 2nd requirement would be communication and tweaking/discarding changes.

I'm still waiting for their proposed announcement on population issues (soon)™.

Edit: At this point I don't really care anymore as long as we see consistent communication and actual development.

@"Lord of Rings.5371" said:Some miss it,

Let's be honest. There was a locust swarm of players who originally left WvW and went to EOTM due to the giant karma train, which was easier to do there than in WvW proper. What is being said by those that want to revive it, even if you mean this unintentionally, is that there should be a giant loot train again because that's all EOTM was - something that was removed when Anet added pips to WvW. People miss the three-way ktrain. Anet discourages easy loot trains of rewards also in PvE maps.

Making EOTM multi-server instead of the originally designed per-tier instances was the main cause IMHO of turning it into a loot train because it removed any incentive to play there for your team while waiting on your WvW queue. There was and still is no incentive to play the multi-server EOTM map outside of the loot and it will remain that way until Anet finds a way to either tie EOTM into a WVW match (the extra supply is no incentive) or rotate the map into WvW somehow. Making it "separate but equal" means making two competing RvR modes in one game, which would also be bad for both WvW and EOTM. Resources should be focused on a single RvR game mode.

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

@Alehin.3746 said:or we could just delete it to keep players in EBG and BLs

Absolutely agree.

Most of you have no idea what you want.

Should I link you the thread about afk'ers and pip farming?

You cry in one hand and whine with the other...

Please link it and quote me please. It would be enlightening.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"Alehin.3746" said:or we could just delete it to keep players in EBG and BLs

Absolutely agree.

I did not specify about you, players in general.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/19963/my-issue-with-faq-why-is-there-world-linking-instead-of-some-other-solution#latest

Here's another that wants to drive players out.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/25047/we-need-to-eliminate-supply-wasting-trolling-please#latest

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

@"Alehin.3746" said:or we could just delete it to keep players in EBG and BLs

Absolutely agree.

I did not specify about you, players in general.

Here's another that wants to drive players out.

Agreed.. but when you quote me...

And I agree people don't know what they want

From the wiki:Edge of the Mists serves as a testing ground for the new features that may be introduced to core WvW, and already provides a new style of gameplay on the floating islands

I'm not advocating for the revitalization of EotM but for one of it's intended purpose. The rewards suggested by OP is definitely a No Go. Maybe some AP's for participating.

After what, 3 years I don't think we will see any new maps. They can take it down when not active and put it back up when they want to test something.

There have been a lot of suggestions that would fall into the use of the map. Inaction and the silence is the worst part of this mode.

@Loosmaster.8263 said:From the wiki:Edge of the Mists serves as a testing ground for the new features that may be introduced to core WvW, and already provides a new style of gameplay on the floating islands

I'm not advocating for the revitalization of EotM but for one of it's intended purpose. The rewards suggested by OP is definitely a No Go. Maybe some AP's for participating.

After what, 3 years I don't think we will see any new maps. They can take it down when not active and put it back up when they want to test something.

There have been a lot of suggestions that would fall into the use of the map. Inaction and the silence is the worst part of this mode.

OP is not likely to get much sympathy for EotM because of it's lack of attention from Anet. Some here are still waiting for Anet to treat WvW like it's core to GW2.

FreeHabib2018

Archived