The dive effects of the new griffon skin

Kururu.8140

So I absolutely love this skin, really I do. But the one thing which I think is a liiiiitle bit too much are the effects when it dives. It is extremely obstructive and unpleasant with the lighter colors. I'm not sure if this is something Anet would be kind enough to tone down a bit but I'm just letting my opinion out there.

Here's some screens:

1. ij1pqxnoo8d01.png
  2. 359qa0iep8d01.png
  3. y1r21agaq8d01.png

Maybe some people like this but to be honest it makes me feel sick.

I thought it was a bit much as well. Although it doesn't make me feel ill in any way it does kinda make it hard to see what I'm doing during the Griffon Races. The checkpoints are already blinding with that particle trail leading up to the next one. Adding the divine effects of this skin and I can't really tell where I need to go next.

Hmm. Could camera zoom be a factor? Dulfy's video (linked in the gem store sticky above) doesn't make it look nearly so blinding, and she's zoomed out a good bit. I normally keep my camera zoomed as far as possible to avoid motion sickness, and I really love this mountfit. Enough that I am finally strongly considering blowing 2K gems on one. But if I don't end up using it regularly due to visibility issues, that's a waste of money.

I'd love to see more feedback so I can decide.

@"Donari.5237" said:Hmm. Could camera zoom be a factor? Dulfy's video (linked in the gem store sticky above) doesn't make it look nearly so blinding, and she's zoomed out a good bit. I normally keep my camera zoomed as far as possible to avoid motion sickness, and I really love this mountfit. Enough that I am finally strongly considering blowing 2K gems on one. But if I don't end up using it regularly due to visibility issues, that's a waste of money.

I'd love to see more feedback so I can decide.

Nope, this is what it looks like completely zoomed out with celestial as the trail color.plxhc84eh9d01.png

Like I said it's only with the ligher colors. When I use a darker color like glossy black it doesn't look anywhere near as blinding and unpleasant but it is still really messy with the over-the-top effects.se196si7i9d01.png

I did cave and get it. I've only dyed it on two alts so far, and the effects have been just fine, but I might not be dyeing the effects channel a light hue. I'll test with brighter colors on the next one.

Other than the effects issue (and the continued red cast to every dye you use on it), I have to say ANet knocked it out of the park on this one. This is a glorious skin, a joy to ride. It just flows.

Perhaps if enough of us post here and reach out in other ways, they might "tone-down" the brighter colors on the model trail itself.

I do agree, this is the first of he "Premium" skins I will be dropping 2K gems on...it is just way too cool not to...:) I use darker colors most of the time anyway...my light colors are usually for highlights. SO it won't affect me directly, but I can see from the screenies everyone has shared, that it woudl be a large visual problem.

Well done to the artists at ANet for this one...knocked it out of the park. :)

@"Randulf.7614" said:OK, I caved. I do think it needs a little bulk round the body and I'm having some issues with the dyeing of the body as well....buuuuut I treated myself as an early birthday gift, so kitten it!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DU0d4zdWkAA6SvB.jpghttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/DU1DrW6WsAIWSV2.jpg:large

Yeah, i also find the body to be too small for the head and wings, it looks weird.

I love the proportions. It's a flying beast, it needs a good wingspan and lighter body mass. The head is fine -- it just has a huge mane (though I wonder how long the neck would be if the mane were stripped or plastered down with water). Ever seen a wet cat? The fluffiest kitty will turn tiny when soaked.

I continue to have no issue with the effects trail, though I'll grant I've only really tested it in Lost Precipice rather than out in the world maps. I tried it with full Eternal Ice dye and yes, in screenshots the mount is completely obscured by particles but in practice I could see my surroundings plenty well enough to steer. I'm very happy with this mountfit.

Archived