Super regen daredevil

warduke.1780

Recently I encountered a daredevil in WvW who was able to heal up almost instantly, no matter what kind of damage. He'd heal from 60-100 in a second or two, whether he was being hit by conditions, direct damage or both. He also seemed to have infinite boons. Although healing up fast and very tanky he was still able to do quite a lot of damage. I tried to mimic this build in the PvP practice area but I couldn't find anything that healed up anywhere near as fast, or did any kind of damage if using healing power amulets. Does anyone know what the build could be? Thanks!

Oh, and he was using staff and S/D I believe.

Sounds to me like full Berserker gear plus Invigorating Precision trait from critical strikes tree. And remember this is WvW where people can use any gear and get to higher stat totals than from pvp amulets (which are between exotic and rare in power).

With zerkers he only has 11k hp so healing from 60-100 is maybe 4.5k hp. Invigorating precision heals him for 15% of all critical damage he deals (which would be basically all damage thanks to max crit chance), and when you can Vault for 10k+ damage in an aoe thanks to being full glass cannon, it'll heal you up plenty quick. The "infinite boons" comment plus using sword sounds like he also might have been running acrobatics as well, which grants swiftness when dodging, vigor on evade, and can trait into regen or even flat healing based on initiative spent, or maybe trickery for all the boons on steal and reduced steal CD, and/or runes of the pack for additional boon uptime while under attack.

@warduke.1780 said:Recently I encountered a daredevil in WvW who was able to heal up almost instantly, no matter what kind of damage. He'd heal from 60-100 in a second or two, whether he was being hit by conditions, direct damage or both. He also seemed to have infinite boons. Although healing up fast and very tanky he was still able to do quite a lot of damage. I tried to mimic this build in the PvP practice area but I couldn't find anything that healed up anywhere near as fast, or did any kind of damage if using healing power amulets. Does anyone know what the build could be? Thanks!

What class were you playing and was this in large group small group 1v1?

My daredevil does heals on crits and heals on attacks from one of the heal skills Throw in some regen food and he can heal up pretty quick after a big hit in pve. Now, I'm not a hugely skilled player, but I can imagine someone who is could utilise it better for even faster heals

• Invigorating Precision (healed for 15% outgoing crit damage)
  • Signet of MAlice (heals when attack)
  • Pain Response (regen + remove conditions when struck below 75%)
  • Assassins Reward (heal when using initiative) or Upper hand (regen when evade)

@"Aplier.7829" said:Sounds to me like full Berserker gear plus Invigorating Precision trait from critical strikes tree. And remember this is WvW where people can use any gear and get to higher stat totals than from pvp amulets (which are between exotic and rare in power).

With zerkers he only has 11k hp so healing from 60-100 is maybe 4.5k hp. Invigorating precision heals him for 15% of all critical damage he deals (which would be basically all damage thanks to max crit chance), and when you can Vault for 10k+ damage in an aoe thanks to being full glass cannon, it'll heal you up plenty quick. The "infinite boons" comment plus using sword sounds like he also might have been running acrobatics as well, which grants swiftness when dodging, vigor on evade, and can trait into regen or even flat healing based on initiative spent, or maybe trickery for all the boons on steal and reduced steal CD, and/or runes of the pack for additional boon uptime while under attack.

The thing is, he wasn't healing while attacking - he would run/kite away and heal up with what looked like regen alone. From testing in the PvP lobby I couldn't get regen to heal that fast, even combined with dolyak runes, so I don't know exactly how he was doing it. He stealthed a lot but most of the time he was visible while regenerating.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Channeled_Vigor

Pulses 3 times in very short interval, so his HP would look like it was going up, stop, up, stop, up. Just thrice tho, and only once every 16 or 20 seconds. If lucky, they could use it again immediately if recharged by https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Improvisation - which has an internal cooldown of 20s.

@warduke.1780 said:

@"Aplier.7829" said:Sounds to me like full Berserker gear plus Invigorating Precision trait from critical strikes tree. And remember this is WvW where people can use any gear and get to higher stat totals than from pvp amulets (which are between exotic and rare in power).

The thing is, he wasn't healing while attacking - he would run/kite away and heal up with what looked like regen alone. From testing in the PvP lobby I couldn't get regen to heal that fast, even combined with dolyak runes, so I don't know exactly how he was doing it. He stealthed a lot but most of the time he was visible while regenerating.

If he was healing a lot during stealth, could have been some odd acrobatics/shadow arts build, taking advantage of regen, the heal+initiative while in stealth from shadow arts grandmaster, and the heal when spending initiative from acrobatics.

Regen is 130/sec + 0.125 healing power, Shadows rejuvenation is 293+0.1 healing power, and Assassin's reward is 102 + 0.085 healing power per initiative.

In the above situation, Cloak and Dagger (dagger #5) spends 6 initiative and would stealth for 4 seconds, over that time healing a total of 520+1172+712+1.41*healing power. Splash in some healing power (say 500ish, not a huge sacrifice of dps) and that comes out to about 3k healing per cloak and dagger. Add in daredevil's free healing on evade (~450 on 1s cd) and I see the potential for quite a lot of passive healing and condi cleanse while still being able to maintain an offense-oriented gearset.

Of course, without actually talking to the person and getting their build from them I can't say if that were the case or not. And I can't currently test how that would perform in terms on dps with no critical strikes/deadly arts/trickery (but with zerker gear it should still be sufficient to duel someone out in WvW).

Edit: also as the above poster pointed out, channeled vigor is a strong healing spell on short CD that happens over a duration so it might be getting mistaken for heavy regen, even the venom heal can look like heavy regen if it takes a few seconds to use up all the attacks.

@warduke.1780 said:Recently I encountered a daredevil in WvW who was able to heal up almost instantly, no matter what kind of damage. He'd heal from 60-100 in a second or two, whether he was being hit by conditions, direct damage or both. He also seemed to have infinite boons. Although healing up fast and very tanky he was still able to do quite a lot of damage. I tried to mimic this build in the PvP practice area but I couldn't find anything that healed up anywhere near as fast, or did any kind of damage if using healing power amulets. Does anyone know what the build could be? Thanks!

The only thing I can think of is using Commander Armor, Dwayna Rune, Concentration Sigil, +100 Concentration food, and Furious Maintenance Oil. Most of the damage will come from WvW buffs. The key traits are DD and Acro to maintain long-lasting boons. The 3rd trait line can either be CS or Trick which either will grant an increase damage output. You can also take Shadow Art if you want to overkill in regen. IMO, the build is using DD/Acro/CS.

You can get good heals with some healing in the build if using Acro in combo with another source like IP.

Regen will have high uptime and if Assassins reward taken the attacks can generate a lot of heal. The thing to do would be to watch and see if the person has lead attacks come up. if he staff he has to be Daredevil. If he has lead attacks then he can not be in both Acro and CS. If the lead attacks bonus never shows up then I suspect a CS/DD/Acro build.

Ie something like this (just quickly thrown together)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQFAWn8lCFOhFmCmOB8PhFtiau5j+svLmmxAYrFvrkD-jVBXABPoEMUdApu/Qsq/AgyPA-w

You will note there plenty of ferocity and decent power. It weak on precision but given the number of dodges a Crit can be guaranteed on every attack via Daredevil runes. An 8k vault would result in close to a 2k heal and every 16 seconds he gets a big fat heal off CV. Conditions are peeled off with EA , PR and the SOA with Shadowstep as a backup.

Note GI. Most do not use this but if he heal focused and can keep his health High the GI is VERY good at peeling off confiusion and then covers. If I had to guess I would suggest he did not take Assassins reward taking Dont stop instead. The Combination of GI and Dont stop keeps virtually all cover conditions off meaning the EA much more likely to peel off a damaging.

This leaves Regen, IP and the low cooldown CV as heals and that very decent especially if topped up with foods or even a sigil that heals.

@"babazhook.6805" said:You can get good heals with some healing in the build if using Acro in combo with another source like IP.

Regen will have high uptime and if Assassins reward taken the attacks can generate a lot of heal. The thing to do would be to watch and see if the person has lead attacks come up. if he staff he has to be Daredevil. If he has lead attacks then he can not be in both Acro and CS. If the lead attacks bonus never shows up then I suspect a CS/DD/Acro build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQFAWn8lCFOhFmCmOB8PhFtiau5j+svLmmxAYrFvrkD-jVBXABPoEMUdApu/Qsq/AgyPA-w

You will note there plenty of ferocity and decent power. It weak on precision but given the number of dodges a Crit can be guaranteed on every attack via Daredevil runes. An 8k vault would result in close to a 2k heal and every 16 seconds he gets a big fat heal off CV. Conditions are peeled off with EA , PR and the SOA with Shadowstep as a backup.

Note GI. Most do not use this but if he heal focused and can keep his health High the GI is VERY good at peeling off confiusion and then covers. If I had to guess I would suggest he did not take Assassins reward taking Dont stop instead. The Combination of GI and Dont stop keeps virtually all cover conditions off meaning the EA much more likely to peel off a damaging.

This leaves Regen, IP and the low cooldown CV as heals and that very decent especially if topped up with foods or even a sigil that heals.

The healing power seems very low and I think he had a lot more vitality, but it could be something like that. Other people in the map were claiming he was cheating in some way, but I don't think that's even possible in this game.

@warduke.1780 said:

@"babazhook.6805" said:You can get good heals with some healing in the build if using Acro in combo with another source like IP.

The healing power seems very low and I think he had a lot more vitality, but it could be something like that. Other people in the map were claiming he was cheating in some way, but I don't think that's even possible in this game.

Could have been marauders stats instead of the berserkers. Marauders on thief ends up being roughly a 10% hp gain per 1-2% dps loss, which is a tradeoff I'd be willing to make several times over for WvW (swapping all of the berserker's trinkets from the above poster's build to marauders is +300 vit, or ~25% more hp, for only 3% effective dps loss).

@warduke.1780 said:

Just as a point of reference I did in fact run a condition d/d build specced daredevil with Acro and trickery. Rather than take dire armor I put in shamans and apothecary and built healing over 1000. Mixing the sets (settlers can be used too) can give a nice blend of toughness and vitality. I thought of carrying the idea over into a power build but never really got around to it.

The thing could fill up health from none to full in two Death Blossoms with SOM traited . The more enemy you faced the higher your healing went due to SOM and Deathblossom. (DB would trigger 9 heals via SOM against 3 enemy in a group). Another thing to keep in mind is many heals are a given amount whereas the total health ppol of a thief can fluctuate.IE if my total health pool is 10k and I have a heal of 8k, I can easily go from low health to full health with one heal whereas that same heal on a 20k health pool might take me up to 1 half. There not many thieves that run a health pool at minimum as most want around 15K in wvw but if one has a very evasive build you can get away with it being lower.

Unless they ninja fixed Assassin’s Reward it doesn’t work with Vault also doesn’t work with a few other skills like Unload, I found that out testing a few builds last month.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

Unless they ninja fixed Assassin’s Reward it doesn’t work with Vault also doesn’t work with a few other skills like Unload, I found that out testing a few builds last month.

i had never experienced that myself and did test for some time. I just logged in to check and confirm and both Unload and Vault were giving me heals off Asassins reward.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

Assassin's Reward's heal is hard to see especially after Unload since the heal happens after the channel and not when the Initiative was spent.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

Assassin's Reward's heal is hard to see especially after Unload since the heal happens after the channel and not when the Initiative was spent.

Yeah I saw that last night when testing it again.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know why anyone would build this way, but one thing he could be doing is going daredevil with channeled vigor traited to have a 16s cd, that can potentially have its cooldown reset by stealing via the Improvisation trait - though it's not guaranteed to occur, it can happen.

It is also possible to reset the cooldown on steal by using s/x weapon set and using swindler's equilibrium. So, with enough luck, it would flow like this:Channeled vigorSteal (resets channeled vigor via improvisation)Channeled vigor againDodge (resets steal)Steal (resets channeled vigor again)channeled vigor a third time

At this point he is out for about 20s while he waits for his abilities and traits to come off cd and try again. It is pretty random and unreliable, but there are also traits that can heal you from other actions as well - heal during dodge or stealth for example are both different traits and there is the critical strikes GM trait that heals as well.

Archived